Swing Thoughts - Forum Testing Review

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've been in touch with michael from swing thought and he said there will be international shipping available in about two weeks ! I can't wait to get one! :)

Great stuff, now our friends to the north can join the party.

Playing in a little event tomorrow so I'll chime in after with another update.

--
tapatalk

I think I'm going to have to get me one or two of these. Just trying to apply the concept, without actually having one, at the range seemed to help me. I just had to keep reminding myself to think of my thought for the day. Having one of those on my wrist with "swing smooth" or "tempo" I think would really help me with that, and give me that last though just before I swing, clearing out the rest.

Interested to know it if gets to a point any of you forget about it, even with just wearing it while you're playing and not wearing it through the day. I could see myself getting used to it, and not even paying attention to it after having it for awhile. Though maybe mixing it up between colors/sayings might lessen that.

Finally got to use the band on the course. Got my first birdie of the year and I would like to think that it is attributed to the use of the Swing Smooth band. It does keep the thoughts to a minimum but I just wish that it would come in an extra large size. I have to wear it on my glove hand as that is my smaller wrist (not by much) and it seems to slide up under the glove after each shot. Also with it being tight to the skin it does sweat quite a bit underneath it. I do like it though and I hope that it keeps helping me produce the scores that I had tonight. Got a wedding to attend tomorrow and a birthday party for a nephew on Sunday but I still hope to squeeze in another round by the end of this long weekend.

I think I'm going to have to get me one or two of these. Just trying to apply the concept, without actually having one, at the range seemed to help me. I just had to keep reminding myself to think of my thought for the day. Having one of those on my wrist with "swing smooth" or "tempo" I think would really help me with that, and give me that last though just before I swing, clearing out the rest.

Interested to know it if gets to a point any of you forget about it, even with just wearing it while you're playing and not wearing it through the day. I could see myself getting used to it, and not even paying attention to it after having it for awhile. Though maybe mixing it up between colors/sayings might lessen that.

I had to make it part of my pre-shot routine or I know that I would forget about it. The bright colors do help it stand out and you will usually see it even if you dont think about it. I hope that helps checkered.

I had to make it part of my pre-shot routine or I know that I would forget about it. The bright colors do help it stand out and you will usually see it even if you dont think about it. I hope that helps checkered.
That does, thanks! I'm going to get at least one, just thinking about the long term you know.

I am Getting a couple based on this review for sure

Tap tap taparoo

I am Getting a couple based on this review for sure

Tap tap taparoo
That's great to hear. I hope it works out as well for you as it has for me. Let us know what you get and what you think of them.

Got rained out today but went the course. As someone said above the brighter color helps me pick it up better. I am testing a red focus band and a black focus band. I decided to wear it on my right hand (I am lefty) at the beginning. Quickly I realized that I needed it on my left hand. I switched it over and it was much better. The most effective way for me to wear it is to have the logo part turned on the bottom of my wrist so I can see the wording when grip the club. I was really stroking the driver today. It was a thing of beauty. As for the band itself, there are no signs of wear and tear at all. The both lool great. I was very skeptical going in to this testing because I do not generally believe in this type of stuff but after a few rounds and countless range sessions I am extremely happy and I am definitely a believer. If you are on the fence about getting one, get off the fence and get one.

Tap tap taparoo

Finally, have another round planned for tomorrow. After this round, I will switch to the Swing SMooth band.

Great idea and I would like to try one out but they never make these types of bracelets big enough for me. I wear a 9 inch watch band which is almost 23cm and I hate them being tight.

Great idea and I would like to try one out but they never make these types of bracelets big enough for me. I wear a 9 inch watch band which is almost 23cm and I hate them being tight.

I have pretty big wrists and they fit me fine even with a glove on. I didnt notice a sizing chart on their website but you can call or tweet them (They are very responsive)

Tap tap taparoo

Finally got out on the course today. Took my Red focus band out with me today. Wore it on my left hand. I definitely prefer the red to the black because the color is more eye-catching, so even if I forget, I see it out of the corner of my eye and it makes me stop and pause and take a deep breath. That is one thing that I am doing now that I have never done, is stopping, taking a deep breath and focusing before every shot. It is really slowing my mind down and helping me think clearly about the shot I am trying to hit. I only had 1 bad mishit today and it was out of a pretty tough lie. It was a really warm day today so my wrist was a little swollen and it made the band pretty snug, I wouldn't say it was uncomfortable but I did notice it a few times during the round. An XL band would definitely be nice though.

Finally got out on the course today. Took my Red focus band out with me today. Wore it on my left hand. I definitely prefer the red to the black because the color is more eye-catching, so even if I forget, I see it out of the corner of my eye and it makes me stop and pause and take a deep breath. That is one thing that I am doing now that I have never done, is stopping, taking a deep breath and focusing before every shot. It is really slowing my mind down and helping me think clearly about the shot I am trying to hit. I only had 1 bad mishit today and it was out of a pretty tough lie. It was a really warm day today so my wrist was a little swollen and it made the band pretty snug, I wouldn't say it was uncomfortable but I did notice it a few times during the round. An XL band would definitely be nice though.

I was looking on the Swing Thought website and wondered why the didnt have an XL. I dont know if the large would suit me, I would rather have something that isn't too tight on my wrist.

Haven't had a chance to put down my thoughts since Saturdays round, so here goes.

Again, no chance to warm up and rain was in the area so I went straight to the first tee. The swing thought is like everyone else has stated, a simple yet effective reminder. A quick look down at address is all it takes for the seed to be planted in your mind and then it's just execution. I thought it was effective, after playing my last round I went back and compared some stats.

I have been averaging 1.5 (how do you manage .5 of a fairway, stupid math!) more fairways per round, no real change in GIR's, and my putting has improved as well, 2 less per round.

Now you can construe these numbers all you want, but the final verdict is that I fully believe I am a better mental player with the band vs. without. Does it make me a better player, well the numbers on their face say so; but the important part of the equation is that I feel more confident in my abilities, and confidence is golden.

I forgot the band for a round I played on Sunday and had 4-3 jacks in one round. I had not had that many in the last month. I am not going to say the Swing Thought made the difference, but it sure helps when I have it there. I think it helps the focus on the one thought and I had a lot of other thoughts swirling during that round.

It keeps things simple and I feel like it helps me when I'm out there. Still a fan and I'd highly recommend it.

Guys, I am sorry, but things have just not gone as planned with my rounds. I am playing tomorrow and Thursday for sure. I just wanted yall to know that I am not shirking my duties.

Looking forward to continued thoughts from people. Hopefully each tester continues to update this thread with their reviews.

I am not an official tester, but after reading everyone's thoughts I went ahead and picked up a Tempo and Focus band. I used the Tempo band Sunday during my rounds and really think it helped. I had it on my left wrist and made sure to look at it prior to each swing and even said "tempo" and the results were stellar. I didn't have 50 swing thoughts going through my head like I normally do. Instead, Tempo just swirled around in my noggin. I am going to hit the range tonight and maybe play a few holes with the Focus band on. I am hoping this one helps with putting as I scuffed the putter on the ground way too many times this weekend.

I've put 3 more rounds under my belt with the Focus band. I still think it is a pretty good product. It is comfortable on both my left and right wrist. I am still trying to decide which side I like it on better. I feel my focus has improved slightly. When negative thoughts creep in my head I try to look at the band and clear my head. When I remember to look at the band it works great. My scoring hasn't improved yet but that is more due to my putting and the condition of the greens. I should hopefully be playing more this weekend so I will keep you all updated.

Didn't get out this weekend just too much family stuff going on, but going to the range at lunch today and going to try to get 9 holes in after work one of these nights.

Played two rounds this past weekend, forgot the swing band yesterday and I sure did need it. My tempo was all kinds of quick and it showed as I snap hooked balls OB all over the front nine. I did remember it for my last range session and the round I played on Saturday. One thing I did is switch hands to my left or glove hand and I found I liked this much more then my non-glove hand. Its a lot easier to remember to have good tempo with the simple reminder on my wrist. When its not there its out of sight out of mind. Im a fan for sure.

Played 9 holes of a par 3 today. Really wanted to work on my irons and short game. I shot par (27) with a few really nice shots. I wore my red focus band. Once again it did it's job. I stopped, took a deep breath, and focused before each shot and didnt mishit any shots. I was pretty please with the round. In addition, I brought my black focus band with me for a little experiment. I brought my wife with me. She has never really played before. She was actually much better than I expected. I let her play a few holes without the band. Then on the 4th I gave her the black Focus band. I explained to her the object of it and what the point was. She suprisingly took it seriously and gave it a try. The very first shot she hit was the best shot she hit all day. 120 yards straight down the middle about 10 yards from the green. Needless to say I was flabbergasted. So as we played the next few holes there was a noticeable difference in her shots from befote she had the band on. I thought it was a pretty neat little experiment. Once again the band did its job for me. Still no signs of wear and tear on the bands. They look brand new. Playing again tomorrow morning so we will see how that goes.

Tap tap taparoo

Played 9 holes of a par 3 today. Really wanted to work on my irons and short game. I shot par (27) with a few really nice shots. I wore my red focus band. Once again it did it's job. I stopped, took a deep breath, and focused before each shot and didnt mishit any shots. I was pretty please with the round. In addition, I brought my black focus band with me for a little experiment. I brought my wife with me. She has never really played before. She was actually much better than I expected. I let her play a few holes without the band. Then on the 4th I gave her the black Focus band. I explained to her the object of it and what the point was. She suprisingly took it seriously and gave it a try. The very first shot she hit was the best shot she hit all day. 120 yards straight down the middle about 10 yards from the green. Needless to say I was flabbergasted. So as we played the next few holes there was a noticeable difference in her shots from befote she had the band on. I thought it was a pretty neat little experiment. Once again the band did its job for me. Still no signs of wear and tear on the bands. They look brand new. Playing again tomorrow morning so we will see how that goes.

Tap tap taparoo

Awesome to see it working well for yourself and your wife

Tap tap taparoo

That's awesome Dev. I used mine today at the range at lunch and had one of the best range sessions I've had in a long time. Supposed to be golfing tomorrow night and Thursday, going to use swing smooth tomorrow and Visualize on Thursday.

Played two rounds this past weekend, forgot the swing band yesterday and I sure did need it. My tempo was all kinds of quick and it showed as I snap hooked balls OB all over the front nine. I did remember it for my last range session and the round I played on Saturday. One thing I did is switch hands to my left or glove hand and I found I liked this much more then my non-glove hand. Its a lot easier to remember to have good tempo with the simple reminder on my wrist. When its not there its out of sight out of mind. Im a fan for sure.

I'm with you. I like it more in my left wrist.

The band still helps me with my tempo and I see it staying with me during my rounds for the foreseeable future.

Dev...a two for one helper. Glad to hear it helped the wife too!

Back