Swing Weight Scale

Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
Why does it seem so difficult to buy one. Goldsmith seems to have been sold out for months. Don’t want the cheapest of most expensive, just a decent scale. Oh the frustration.

This is what I use. Matches back to higher end shop models as well when I’ve checked

Same here, that economy scale is misnamed. It's solid.

I was thinking this was the model I have, but mine is more like the V-Line model.

This is what I use. Matches back to higher end shop models as well when I’ve checked

Same here. Confirmed on my latest trip to CC. As long as you have a level surface it works great.

Same with me, have the golfworks cheap one and it is always 1/2 point off at the most if at all.

I have the economy model as well and it seems to be fairly close to the more expensive model the golf shop uses.

Same here, that economy scale is misnamed. It's solid.

I've also used it for several years - if you are OCD, spend the money. If you're okay with being within .5 of a point, buy this one.

I ordered the economy scale on Friday and it was delivered Sunday. Pretty outstanding if you ask me.

I will say this though, if Club Champion built my woods to their spec that means this scale is 3/4 - 1 point off.

Another vote for the economy GW scale. Always within .5 points for me as long as it's a level surface (harder to find than I expected haha)

I ordered the economy scale on Friday and it was delivered Sunday. Pretty outstanding if you ask me.

I will say this though, if Club Champion built my woods to their spec that means this scale is 3/4 - 1 point off.

Make sure it's on a level surface. Mine's within a half point to CC, which is close enough for my needs. Last time I had to adjust an entire set, I started by finding the club I liked best and weighting everything else based off that. That's how I settled on D4 as my iron SW.

Is it consistently off with different clubs? If so, and you have it on a level surface, it’s entirely possible that your counterweight is a bit heavy or light.

I have a very old cheap model. Is it deadly accurate, probably not. But level surface and adjust the sliding weight to zero. Then your findings should be pretty close.

Its on a level surface. Only thing I have to compare it with is a stock Cleveland zip core. Website puts it at D4 and my scale is showing right at D4

After looking again today with my woods. Its probably 1/2 point off if my woods are to spec. Not terrible

I have the economy scale. Just got a CBX full face wedge in. Specs say D4 and it was bang on D4 with it.

One can't really tell a half point difference and probably not 1 point... once you find the right swing weight with lead tape or tip weights or whatever, you just build consistent with your scale... nothing sacred about C9 or D3 or whatever... D2.65 is closer to D2.5 than D3 but you probably couldn't tell. You or commercial guys may or may not get exact accuracy, but everyone should be precise / consistent with their tools.

Also, do you always grip to very end of club? a half inch of length is worth 3 points..:cool:

btw I have a 25 yr old Golfsmith scale...

I love Golfsmith scales. A friend of mine uses this model. When I need to adjust my equipment for a game, I turn to him. I had to struggle with excess weight after a hormonal malfunction. To monitor my BMI, I even bought a smart scale on https://www.vont.com/product/smart-scale-bathroom-scale-weight-scale/. I needed to adjust my playing tool to my new realities, and my friend's scales were very helpful in that. Of course, I have scales of economy class, but I trust Golfsmith more.

Last edited:
Back