Swingspeed radar and tempo trainer help

Gus R

Reaction score
Handicap
none
I saw this on another forum and wondered if somebody here has used this to help either their swing speed or their tempo. I use to have a tempo trainer back about 12 years ago and lost it in a move. I was wondering how this unit works and how it picks up the club head speed and tempo. The unit I had you had to put reflective tape on the head of each club used and the unit was difficult to adjust height wise. I appreciate any help anyone can give me on this as I am struggling with my tempo lately and would like to get something like this unit.

Hi "Gus R",

I have the unit that only measures club head speed, not tempo. I bought it from Amazon at:-

http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Sensor...e=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1276357351&sr=8-1

Best that I can tell is that it is as accurate at measuring club head speed as any launch monitor that you can find in a good golf equipment store. I've used their included chart that does a simple graph translation of speed to distance and it seems to do a fairly good job with its estimations when I've used it at the driving range. However, the main reason I bought it was so that I could practice at home using "wiffle" and "Floppy" balls since neither type of ball, nor the confines of my backyard, give me any indication as to how far my swing might have struck a real golf ball.

Hope this helps.

We went through a few broken swing speed radars during our review process before we gave up. The company had to replace our original they sent on multiple occasions before we just ended up throwing in teh towel. We found it inaccurate, only measuring 2-3 of every 5 swings, etc...

I am only interested in the tempo aspect of the unit. Plus I wanted to understand how the unit ascertains the info on the swing. Do you just turn on the unit and swing without any other needed messing around with it. Do you have to have any thing attached to the club head or is it just swinging the club through the radar sensor? The one I used to have was very finicky and sensitive. I was hoping this unit was just turn on and swing though.

Just swinging through the sensor. The issue is that we did not find it all that accurate, when it actually worked. It could have been a defective unit, but we got 3 of them.

anyone try the medicus power meter? It's only $20 but I wonder how well it works...?

I saw this on another forum and wondered if somebody here has used this to help either their swing speed or their tempo. I use to have a tempo trainer back about 12 years ago and lost it in a move. I was wondering how this unit works and how it picks up the club head speed and tempo. The unit I had you had to put reflective tape on the head of each club used and the unit was difficult to adjust height wise. I appreciate any help anyone can give me on this as I am struggling with my tempo lately and would like to get something like this unit.
There was another thread on it: My opinion on the SS radar with TT is in that. It doesn't require you to apply reflective tape to your club. It may take some effort to set it up correctly, but it isn't difficult to do so, IMO.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?10160-Golf-swing-radar

Back