Tableau - Who uses Data Visualization in their day job?

#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Our company went all in on data visualization last year and have been gradually learning/developing my Tableau skills.

It is a pretty cool tool with many applications.

Does anyone use Tableau for their work?

Tableau has also published a Covid-19 global tracker- pretty interesting to look at
https://www.tableau.com/covid-19-coronavirus-data-resources
covid tableau.PNG

We are beginning to use this in my company and I’m pushing for it in our group. We deal with data quite a bit. Tableau is a pretty complex tool.

This technology is taking the world by storm because it allows so much more of an understanding of every business. the world has all sorts of data that has never been analyzed and visualizations are an easy way to show trends or differences to all levels regardless of technology expertise. certain functions within our company use it more than others. A lot of analytics into spending, staff analysis and working with clients.

We have quite a bit of things on Tableau, but probably only use it 10% of the time. I can be useful in some cases, but there's so much data that if you're not careful it can become paralysis by overanalysis.

We are post Tableau and using Power BI and the Microsoft stack of tools. Power BI is IMO the most powerful data viz tool especially if your organization is already using SQL servers.

We are post Tableau and using Power BI and the Microsoft stack of tools. Power BI is IMO the most powerful data viz tool especially if your organization is already using SQL servers.
Out data teams went to Tableau and they love it. Our analytics guy took some time to learn it since he was more familiar with other languages and tools. He has become insane with it and it is awesome.

Back