Taco Poll #3 - Toppings

What do you put on your taco?

• Traditional - Onions/Cilantro/squeeze of lime

Votes: 44 64.7%
  • Salad Bar - Lettuce/tomatoes/cabbage

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Yellow Cheese (Mexican blend that has no Mexican cheese in it)

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Mexican Cheese

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Salsa/peppers (pickled or not)/pickled onions

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Avocado/Guac

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Sour Cream

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Other non-sense

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters

echico

#MOIJacking
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What do you put on top of your tacos? Pick all that apply

If it's street taco style, nothing but onions, cilantro, a squeeze of lime and some smokin' hot red chile. If it's hard shell ground/shredded beef, I do lettuce, tomato, onions and cheese, and maybe a nice spicy pico de gallo. Prefer a good Mexican cheese, but will do five-cheese blend or even straight shredded cheddar in a pinch.

Preference....give me traditional. Guac andd sour cream can go in a burrito, but not needed on a taco.

Now i will put jalapenos on tacos i make at home, but those arent real tacos, so i dont really count that.

Now I am hungry...typically for me it is cheese, jalapenos, lettuce, tomato, sour cream and hot sauce.

If its coming off of a truck or stand, then just traditional and some peppers either in the taco or on the side. If I'm doing tacos at home, then also adding avocado and sour cream.

If you ever get a chance, visit the taco vendors in Tijuana. No kidding, the best tacos you will ever have. Don't forget the Dos Equis.

Everything but avocado.

Traditional with a little ancho chile sauce.

If you ever get a chance, visit the taco vendors in Tijuana. No kidding, the best tacos you will ever have. Don't forget the Dos Equis.
When I worked in LA, we'd hit the Friday/Saturday night taco trucks along Long Beach Blvd. on the east side of Compton. You had a 50/50 chance of getting food poisoning and/or being shot at, but damn, they were some good tacos! :ROFLMAO:

When I worked in LA, we'd hit the Friday/Saturday night taco trucks along Long Beach Blvd. on the east side of Compton. You had a 50/50 chance of getting food poisoning and/or being shot at, but damn, they were some good tacos! :ROFLMAO:

The best sometimes needs to have risk involved! I love it. Nice work sir.

The last time my buddies and I were there, one of them ended up in the clink for the night. It didn't have anything to do with tacos, but we did eat the tacos on that trip!! Lol.

Last edited:
Traditional, Salad Bar, Mexican Cheese and Other (jalapenos)

I want it all!

I'm all but salad bar, Mexican cheese, and other non sense.

Other nonsense being actual chiles not “peppers”

Alllllll the cilantro. Pile it on there. Then Mexican cheese blend, maybe some sour cream. Oh yeah.

I went with “other” and the other is…

grillos-pickle-de-gallo-dill-salsa-1609958281.jpg

It depends on the taco. I love me some Al Pastor with Onion, Cilantro, and Lime plus a little Queso Fresco or Cotija. Other tacos can be cheese, Guac/Avocado, or anything else that is good.

I went with “other” and the other is…

grillos-pickle-de-gallo-dill-salsa-1609958281.jpg
You’re the only one that could get away with that.

but save it for a fancy Cuban.

Mexican cheese, sour cream, salsa and guac when available.

The works. Anything available and anything i can fit is going on it

I love all the tacos. ❤️

Back