Tacos: Soft vs Hard

I’m kind of an equal opportunity taco guy, but lean soft. Which do you prefer?
I used to be a soft taco guy. But now I lean towards hard tacos, especially the doritos locos ones from Taco bell.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Very much equal opportunity taco aficionado like JB put it. Corn, flour, hard, soft, depends on the filling and depends on the day.

For me, it has to be hard shell. If I wanted a soft shell I would order a burrito.

I like both, but I'm a Hard Shell with Beef and HOT Sauce kind of guy. 7 Taco's will make me happy and sleep good.

Very much equal opportunity taco aficionado like JB put it. Corn, flour, hard, soft, depends on the filling and depends on the day.
I think it depends on the place you are getting it too. Should have said that haha

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Crunchy all the way for me.

I usually go 2 hard tacos and 1 soft, but I'm very open to any and all tacos.

There has been a clear fence put up over THP tonight.

There are those that are for the hard shells.

There are those that are for the soft.

I say, why not both? This should not be a point of contention among us! We should all come together and say, "give me both, or give me death!!" Frrrrreeeedddddoooooooommmm! Lol.

I like both. But I'm old and fat so my opinion doesn't count. :)

Soft flour. Hard is just okay. Soft corn is terrible.

The crunchy chicken taco is elusive yet delicious. There is no taco I wont eat.

Both.

Step 1:Lay soft shell down on plate
Step 2:Grab hard shell and overstuff as usual
Step 3:Sloppily eat said overstuffed hard shell over soft shell. 1/2 of the hard shell ingredients fall on soft shell laying beneath
Step 4: Pick up newly filled soft shell and eat
Step 5: Repeat

Both.

Step 1:Lay soft shell down on plate
Step 2:Grab hard shell and overstuff as usual
Step 3:Sloppily eat said overstuffed hard shell over soft shell. 1/2 of the hard shell ingredients fall on soft shell laying beneath
Step 4: Pick up newly filled soft shell and eat
Step 5: Repeat

Brilliant!! Let the overstuffed taco rain down its goodness upon the tortilla below!!

Soft.

Hard shells aren't bad, they just have a greater opportunity of being messier than soft shells.

hard for me so I can eat like a pig and clean up the plate with a spoon and pretend its a taco salad and not feel terrible because its sort of a "salad"

Soft for me but I'm old!

Soft. Not even a fight in my books.

The last few years I’ve been leaning on hard shells a little more than soft.

Both - depending on my mood, but I typically do soft flour or corn.

Last edited:
Corn tortillas. Soft shell. Cilantro. Onions.

This is the only right answer.

Soft for sure

I've got to say, if the chicken is actually *grilled* and the salsa is mostly smushed-up Jalapeno peppers (and not too much cilantro) then I'm not sure I even notice the shell hard, soft or whatever.

Man, I'm starving now and it's only 11am. Gonna be a lot of post-taco emissions on the golf course this afternoon for sure...

interesting question.... if is a place I don't know, crunchy. Crunchy tacos have a much lower ceiling but also a much lower floor for how they will be.

If I know the place, and it is good, it will be street/soft tacos. Always corn, hopefully homemade tortillas and usually a couple carne asada and a couple carnitas. But if they have good chile verde and that is an option for tacos.... probably just 4 of those.

I’m kind of an equal opportunity taco guy, but lean soft. Which do you prefer?

Either one. It's still a taco, so it's gonna be awesome. :D

Back