Tadashi's Mental Toughness Training

Nate

My Friends Call Me Big Time
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mr. Tadashi and I found ourselves playing a round of golf yesterday at the very #TexasGolfIsHard Gentle Creek Country Club in Prosper, TX. Just north of Frisco it is a very challenging course where the fun doesn't even begin till you get around the greens. Very Augusta National like but maybe not quite a 13 stimp reading.

By the back 9 we finally figured out that the 2015 Byron Nelson Champ, Steven Bowditch, was playing a practice round with 4 of his buddies before he took off to play in the big tournament this week.

We get to the 17th tee box, where there was a bit of a wait, and I figured I would snap a quick video of Mr. Bowditch's driver swing just for fun. Great looking swing don't you think?

[video=youtube;NCU-YYcoMUQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCU-YYcoMUQ[/video]

Now what you may have missed in that video, as it happened very quickly, was what happened right before that beautiful drive down the middle of the fairway from Mr. Bowditch. As luck would have it, I was able to isolate that quick missed footage into it's own video to help. Enjoy.

Yes, you got it, it was our own Tadashi, Mr. Panda, taking it upon himself to make sure that Mr. Bowditch was mentally preparing himself for those tough cell phone crowds at Augusta National this week.

We all laughed and his buddies got a great kick out of it. I think there was some good $$$$ on the line on this hole.

If he goes on to win the Masters this week we can all thank Tadashi for this moment of mental toughness training!

freddie with the big party foul

LMAO!!!! I'm sure Freddie just gave him the nod and said "we cool"

Hahah hilarious!

I wouldn't have had the nerve!!!

Hahaha! That's great!

Hahahaha, Freddie got the look!

Amazing haha. When good speakers go bad.

I'm sure that was appreciated.

That's phenominal!!

So great!

Did you guys catch back up on the 19th hole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you guys catch back up on the 19th hole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, after he went driver/driver on 18 and sank the 30 foot eagle putt. LOL.

He was super laid back, there were no worries with it. The member we played with went up and spoke to him after asking what he thought of the course and when he was taking off. All was good.

At least everyone laughed

That's awesome!!!

Yea, after he went driver/driver on 18 and sank the 30 foot eagle putt. LOL.

He was super laid back, there were no worries with it. The member we played with went up and spoke to him after asking what he thought of the course and when he was taking off. All was good.

That's awesome, love to hear stories of guys just being down to earth good human beings!

That's a great story, and even better work catching the evidence on video.

Oh man what I would give to have been there for that one!

This is awesome ahah - I was not expecting that!

LOL FK!!!! Wow, glad to see Bowditch was cool about it, I wonder what would have happened if it was someone else that isn't as cool.

Oh wow that could have been awkward if he wasn't cool.

If he wins the Masters he can thank the theme song from 'suits'

Oh wow...ha ha ha! Great stuff!

This is fantastic. Glad that he didn't leave the course with Freddie as his headcover for this week!

Back