Tailor Brands filing for Bankruptcy

Crapgame

Reaction score
Parent of Joseph A Bank and Men's Warehouse. I guess the buy one, get three free wasn't a great business model.

David-Byrne-in-his-Oversized-Suit.jpg

I've been wondering a lot about these companies that get a lot of business from people working in an office. Should have diversified and gone into casual wear, like tshirts and sweatpants.

I've been wondering a lot about these companies that get a lot of business from people working in an office. Should have diversified and gone into casual wear, like tshirts and sweatpants.

I think both had slowly gotten a bit more into "golf" apparel (collared shirts, polos, slacks and khakis), but it's hardly the place you think of shopping for those items. I did like some of the Joseph Abboud products I bought years ago and I believe MW has some type of exclusive arrangement. Unfortunately, there are some other brands that are even better sold through other venues.

Also, the mall stores had to be struggling even pre-pandemic.

I think both had slowly gotten a bit more into "golf" apparel (collared shirts, polos, slacks and khakis), but it's hardly the place you think of shopping for those items. I did like some of the Joseph Abboud products I bought years ago and I believe MW has some type of exclusive arrangement. Unfortunately, there are some other brands that are even better sold through other venues.

Also, the mall stores had to be struggling even pre-pandemic.
It is difficult to diversify when people have a certain perception of your business. They think of you one way, and wint go there for other attire, i.e. golf wear.

I do hope all those affected by these closings can find opportunities, maybe in a new field that comes about because of changes.

Even any casual-ish stuff they had was always higher priced than I could get similar elsewhere. But both companies have been sliding down for a while. The world is moving away from BUSINESS wear and more into business casual and neither really pivoted well.

I’m a brooks Brothers regular and the sales were insane. Normally dress shirts are 3 for $199. When on sale it may be 4 for $199. This summer I was getting emails fir 5 and 6 shirts at $199.

I use to look forward to buying suits, shirts and ties. After Covid I cannot see wearing one except for a few random occasions. I see additional suit and business casual stores doing
The same as Tailor Brands.

Back