Take Your Medicine vs Hero Shot?

Depends on situation if score is goal then take my medicine. Trying not to follow one bad shot with another. Depend on the odds of pulling it off also. If out playing a casual round with the buddies I’m all in going for it.

2 weeks ago I was failing at playing it safe so...

I try to take my medicine or at least not try a shot I don't have a high degree of confidence with.

However, I should take my medicine.

100% hero shot. We are out there to have fun. Have fun and duff the hero shot, you never know it may work out and you have a story to tell all season.
This exactly. I'm never playing for more than a post round beverage. If I lose, I'm buying the first round. If I win, I'm buying the second round instead.
The new mantra is never hit shots I don’t practice.
If this was the case then I'd never hit any shots.

Depends on if I am playing well or not and how far into the round I am. If I am not scoring that well then sure hero shot it is. However if I am golfing pretty well I am more then likely not going for the hero shot. There are some exceptions though if striking everything great I may try a few hero shots as well.

Usually I take my medicine, but there are times when I've just got to try the hero shot to see if I can do it.

It is 90% medicine. The other half is hero shots.

Well it still depends on the situation but more often than not the take your medicine produces better scores. Hero shots for those of us that end up in bad positions to begin with are more like long shots.

little of this, little of that 😂

Yeah. You know me. If there’s a window that a great golfer could fit it into I’mma try.

Mostly fail but once in a while it all comes together.

I am one that takes too many hero shots. If I see an opening and only a slight chance, I usually go for it. If you complete that hero shot you remember it. If you take your medicine, your score is usually better, but you forget the hole by the end of the day.

The way I'm driving at the moment, each tee shot is attempting a hero shot :LOL:

I have never seen a gap in the trees that I didn't think I could thread the needle on.

Depending on my current score. Bad round hero shot coming right up.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I'm 50/50. But success rate is, um... a still undetermined metric apart from 50%.

I'll take my medicine most of the time, but it depending on various circumstances I may take a stab at a hero shot.

It depends upon the shot. If I have no shot, I'll take my medicine. If I have a shot, I'll go for it. They say trees are 90% air... I have the shot calculated out to go to the green... Wedge shot. You had one job and if you had been just 4" lower you would have been on the green next to the flag. But nooooooo. You clipped a thin branch and and deflected into the bunker.

I tend to take my medicine but there are occasions that the hero shot just catches my eye and I have to go for it.

Back