Talk Me Off the Ledge or Give Me a Push.... I want blades back in my bag

I hear ya. No doubt in my mind that my swing -- with all clubs -- has better tempo, rhythm and timing when I play my MP-33s with (relatively heavy) S300 shafts. I am HOPING that I can ingrain those same elements while playing my new -- and theoretically more forgiving -- ZX7s with the lighter Modus3 120 shaft.

I made the mistake of randomly bringing a Cally MB Apex blade 7 iron (bought a demo a few months back) with me to the range and it has rekindled my desire for a blade setup.

Should I step back from the ledge or just jump....?

Distance wise, it seemed like the MB was going further than the Apex Pro 7 iron. The sound and feel was also significantly more dense and preferred. I'm stating the obvious here, given the tech etc.. I'm not faulting the Apex Pro of course.

Is it just.......

I didn't read any really good reasons to switch to blades, so....step back, save the money and spend it on something more valuable to your game ? ;)

I bought a set of Ping Blueprints to put into play from time to time. On good days, they are so much fun and look so damn good in the bag. On bad days, it can be down right embarrassing. I mostly stick to my i210s, but I'll take the BPs out a couple of times a month.

I. Will. Watch. You. Spend. Your. Money.:D
I. Will. Encourage. You.(y)
Do. It!
Go blades!(y):LOL:

"Everything is better with BUTTER!"

In my best Julia Childs...

I bought a set of Ping Blueprints to put into play from time to time. On good days, they are so much fun and look so damn good in the bag. On bad days, it can be down right embarrassing. I mostly stick to my i210s, but I'll take the BPs out a couple of times a month.

This is perhaps where I'll end up and I'm ok with that.

I made the mistake of randomly bringing a Cally MB Apex blade 7 iron (bought a demo a few months back) with me to the range and it has rekindled my desire for a blade setup.

Should I step back from the ledge or just jump....?

Distance wise, it seemed like the MB was going further than the Apex Pro 7 iron. The sound and feel was also significantly more dense and preferred. I'm stating the obvious here, given the tech etc.. I'm not faulting the Apex Pro of course.

Is it just.......

I think you should play clubs you don't like said nobody....Get em.

I've been playing MP4's for about 5 years and have worn them out. Just got new MP 20's but added MMC's in the 4 and 5 irons for my first split set. I had 3-PW in MP4 but I don't know what swing speed you need to comfortably hit a blade 3 iron or even blade 4 iron at this point with the modern ball. I like to work the 6 but I could see going with a perimeter there. You could even split them with an HMB 4, MMC 5 & 6 and then MP 20's to finish it out. I actually also switched to a Vokey 46 for the PW because the pitching and chipping is light years better than a set pw. The Vokey is maybe a 1/4 to half club shorter than a Mizuno blade PW though.

My one piece of advice would be to get shafts you know and love otherwise you'll have a double adjustment which could be off-putting to the blades. I switched shafts in my MP4 to MP20 transition and there's a learning curve.

I had the same conundrum just about a month ago and I bought a set of blades. I don't regret it at all and ever since my ball striking has never been better. Maybe because I really have to mentally focus on hitting a committed shot. I went with a lighter shaft in my blades than I have in my cavity backs and I think that definitely helped me maintain ball speed.

On a more serious note.. how long can this burn/how immediate is this delicious desire? asking for near future releases..

On a more serious note.. how long can this desire burn/how immediate is this delicious desire? asking for near future releases..

Ugg....now I need to ask. What releases might you be referring to? I guess we are due for an MP update. Ugg....not sure I can wait. lol

Do you want to shoot low scores or love the feel of your best shots. If you want to love the feel of your best shots play blades. If you want to shoot your best scores buy something more forgiving.

I’ll disagree haha. Only because I’ve run this experiment before. My lowest round ever was with blades. Even over a span of a year with each, my average round was within 2 strokes.

only majordifference for me were my misses. Misses with blades were short typically and more forgiving clubs they typically were side to side.

Ugg....now I need to ask. What releases might you be referring to? I guess we are due for an MP update. Ugg....not sure I can wait. lol
Well, it's May now... A few come to mind as not too far off. :confused2:

Ummm yes... but the new line is months away... you need blades now.... buy mp20 7-pw now and then when the new ones come out, go get the split set haha.
Only real answer there

If you want them, then get them. No harm done. There's deep pool of water at the bottom if decide to jump.

That's what I did when faced with the same dilemma. Didn't need blades, but wanted them.

Ummm yes... but the new line is months away... you need blades now.... buy mp20 7-pw now and then when the new ones come out, go get the split set haha.
Only real answer there

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Butter? Dude. Way to common of a word to use during intimate situations. I mean I can think of at least 5 utterances right now that might get mistaken. Mines "hossenfeffer". Hard to get that out as a mistaken gasp during key activities.

And good luck with the blades! :D

If I’m lucky enough to get into the Grandaddy I now know who I don’t wanna roomie with.... 🤣

If you want a set of blades, might I suggest doing something like I did. Buy an older set that are still relevant. I found a set of Nike TW blades for a steal and play them from time to time. I have hit some of my best shots with that set, and that’s coming from a guy that can post a triple digit score at a moments notice. If I have the itch, or my ball striking needs work, I break them out. The only problem with them is they are about a club and a half short on average.

You could get them just so that every time you walk by your bag you can do that. Unless you use iron covers, then play CB’s, ha.

Well, it's May now... A few come to mind as not too far off. :confused2:
Any waiting at this point is simply unacceptable. LOL. God forbid I change my mind! lol...

Back