Talk Me Off the Ledge or Give Me a Push.... I want blades back in my bag

Get them. Keep the current ones to jump back to, if you feel the need.

Blades look awesome.

I sometimes play a blade...putter :p

As someone who has blades in the bag, I don't feel qualified to give an opinion one way or the other..... :LOL:

Play what makes you happy

I too miss my blades, if you can afford a second set of blades, then go for it. If I could, I would. I played some of my best golf playing blades...have fun, whatever makes you happy.

play the blades! like the other clubs in your bag you have to like what youre looking at by the ball. When I played the Forged Tec's this past summer it was the worst my iron performance has been. It was not the clubs fault , its an amazing iron with rave reviews everywhere, I just didnt like the look. My HC went up by almost 2

Put blades in the bag this year and have had alot more fun with my game. I've got 5 rounds out of 8 in the 70's already thanks to more greens hit in regulation

I say go for it! Some of the most fun I've had on the course was playing my ICON blades last season and unless you're working toward becoming a tour pro I will always push for that brings you the most enjoyment in the game.

I would also say if you're able to keep a more forgiving set around for when the swing is off to give you a little more help.

I say go for it! Some of the most fun I've had on the course was playing my ICON blades last season and unless you're working toward becoming a tour pro I will always push for that brings you the most enjoyment in the game.

I would also say if you're able to keep a more forgiving set around for when the swing is off to give you a little more help.

Thanks Kev! Yeah, will keep either my T100S irons or the Apex Pro 21s around for my moments of sanity.

I enjoy working the ball with my mid and low irons and I just enjoy the dense feel and feedback that blades/MBs provide in those spots. Yesterday, it occurred to me how much I like knowing immediately where on the face I've struck the ball. I've also noticed my tempo and timing seem to automatically improve because of the mental respect I give to blades. For some reason when I look down at a larger club I start moving around more and my tempo suffers.

Reactions: KEV

Now that I'm not on the phone and looking at your handicap, it would be a disservice not to play blades (again). I'm pretty sure you're mind is already made up, but if you went this far and duck out, we'll just call you the new Canadan.

Now that I'm not on the phone and looking at your handicap, it would be a disservice not to play blades (again). I'm pretty sure you're mind is already made up, but if you went this far and duck out, we'll just call you the new Canadan.

No back out, I'm committed to trying them again. My only cop-out may be.....that I realized I have a set of EPON AF Tour blades in my storage room. I'm going to reshaft those and try them for giggles. I don't love the look of them only because they have a surprising amount of offset for a blade. Worth a shot though.

No back out, I'm committed to trying them again. My only cop-out may be.....that I realized I have a set of EPON AF Tour blades in my storage room. I'm going to reshaft those and try them for giggles. I don't love the look of them only because they have a surprising amount of offset for a blade. Worth a shot though.
This is the best post of the thread. Only addicts like us would suddenly remember a set of clubs lying around that may suit our needs. 😁. I can’t wait to read your report on this return to the future.

This is the best post of the thread. Only addicts like us would suddenly remember a set of clubs lying around that may suit our needs. 😁. I can’t wait to read your report on this return to the future.
Time to pull some heads! Lol

B4511F5E-09C3-4CF3-BD02-68A76A4420D3.jpeg

Wait, I thought this would be a search and acquire mission.

Irons in the storage room is basically cheating.

For me and irons, it's all about sound and feel. When it's sounding and feeling plush it gives me loads of confidence. I have 2 sets of irons, and prefer the more demanding iron for this reason, and I usually play better with them as a result. Have fun with your build!

Wait, I thought this would be a search and acquire mission.

Irons in the storage room is basically cheating.

I feel the letdown. I think those Epon need to get sold in favor of some new shiny.

Back