Talk Me Off the Ledge or Give Me a Push.... I want blades back in my bag

Wait, I thought this would be a search and acquire mission.

Irons in the storage room is basically cheating.

Totally agree.

I will say, I'm sad to see lead times out in the 6 week range. Will be unloading some gear, then likely to place an order.

No back out, I'm committed to trying them again. My only cop-out may be.....that I realized I have a set of EPON AF Tour blades in my storage room. I'm going to reshaft those and try them for giggles. I don't love the look of them only because they have a surprising amount of offset for a blade. Worth a shot though.

Which brand/model shafts to the Epon's have now and why do you want to reshaft the set ?

Which brand/model shafts to the Epon's have now and why do you want to reshaft the set ?

I had put some old DG PRO shafts in them. NOT a good shaft for me. I just had them sitting around and had figured wth, why not.

I now have some $-Taper HTs that will likely be quite nice in them, so will test those out for giggles.

No back out, I'm committed to trying them again. My only cop-out may be.....that I realized I have a set of EPON AF Tour blades in my storage room. I'm going to reshaft those and try them for giggles. I don't love the look of them only because they have a surprising amount of offset for a blade. Worth a shot though.

Alright, I didn't have a minute earlier, but I do now, and I'm calling out this B.S. Not because you already had blades laying around collecting dust, but because they were growing mildew and you had forgot about them, FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.

WHAT IN THE **** is the point of this entire thing, if the blades you go with are ones you 'don't love the look of'?!?!?! (offset specific)

No offense man, but this sounds like a recipe to lose in this wonderful experiment. Lose the joy, lose the swing, and on an on. Start with something you don't like/doesn't suit, and you're not likely to like the outcome, and maybe not even the journey.

So...This thread is 5 pages long and you still haven't purchased any blades? Come on man.

Alright, I didn't have a minute earlier, but I do now, and I'm calling out this B.S. Not because you already had blades laying around collecting dust, but because they were growing mildew and you had forgot about them, FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.

WHAT IN THE **** is the point of this entire thing, if the blades you go with are ones you 'don't love the look of'?!?!?! (offset specific)

No offense man, but this sounds like a recipe to lose in this wonderful experiment. Lose the joy, lose the swing, and on an on. Start with something you don't like/doesn't suit, and you're not likely to like the outcome, and maybe not even the journey.

As my mom would have said "Don't get your panties in a bunch!"

A purchase will happen folks. Hey, if you want to help....start by buying what I put in the BST! Ahaha! Kidding.

Don't worry, shiny blades will be purchased. Just trying to sort out the financials a bit.

I say pick up a set of Hogan Icons. Great price for a pretty sick looking MB.

I say pick up a set of Hogan Icons. Great price for a pretty sick looking MB.

I have tried those. Shaft options are not great and will plan to cop out on the long irons.

Mizunos are needed....

@DNice26

Life is short . . . go for it buddy!!!!!

So many good blade options out there... tough to narrow down. That's why I like to
I have tried those. Shaft options are not great and will plan to cop out on the long irons.

Mizunos are needed....

No lead time required...

As my mom would have said "Don't get your panties in a bunch!"

A purchase will happen folks. Hey, if you want to help....start by buying what I put in the BST! Ahaha! Kidding.

Don't worry, shiny blades will be purchased. Just trying to sort out the financials a bit.

HEY, when someone I like tells me about an awesome trip they're planning, and I get all excited for them, and then they call back a little later to say they're taking their EX WIFE, my panties get bunched..

Brought it on yourself.

So many good blade options out there... tough to narrow down. That's why I like to

No lead time required...

Man...... I'm getting alot of slack here....do you think I'd risk getting beat up by Old and Stiff people, buying a used set! lol....

If I was shopping for muscle back irons the two current models I would be considering are Mizuno MP 20 and Ping Blueprint.

Scratch that.

No violence.. I have something else in mind..

Apparently the Apex MB has a higher playability score than the MP20s.

Not sure if that matters, but it makes me a bit intrigued to maybe build the Apex MBs into my Apex Pro setup. hmmmm..... better yet, Cally offer the C-Tapers in S+ flex!

Not sure if that matters, but it makes me a bit intrigued to maybe build the Apex MBs into my Apex Pro setup. hmmmm..... better yet, Cally offer the C-Tapers in S+ flex!

Certainly would make it easier on your financials if you don't have to replace a whole set.

1620141727243.png

20210504_105458.jpg

Yeah man, mix it up, get weird! :p

(Doing this for you, btw)

Edit: Had to break them up to upload. The signal is crap there.

I have to go get one of my guys at the hospital, and went a few yards long on the last one, but I think I made my message clear! :p.

Apex MB. Look good, feel good, make smart choices, BE HAPPY! :)

Back