Talk Me Off the Ledge or Give Me a Push.... I want blades back in my bag

Edit: Had to break them up to upload. The signal is crap there.

I have to go get one of my guys at the hospital, and went a few yards long on the last one, but I think I made my message clear! :p.

Apex MB. Look good, feel good, make smart choices, BE HAPPY! :)

@DNice26 did you hear the sound at impact? :love: #AllTheFeels 😈

This is a savage and insightful explanation of why second chance relationships don't work 😇

Edit: Had to break them up to upload. The signal is crap there.

I have to go get one of my guys at the hospital, and went a few yards long on the last one, but I think I made my message clear! :p.

Apex MB. Look good, feel good, make smart choices, BE HAPPY! :)

I hit that putt on the third, btw. So 3 birdies in 4 holes, and the one I didn't get I didn't use a blade because I didn't have the right one with me. Just sayin'... ;)

Need to move some gear on the BST to support this purchase. I would like to remain married.....

Need to move some gear on the BST to support this purchase. I would like to remain married.....
Why? If you get divorced, you can go with an ex-wife on a trip and invite further scorn from @OldandStiff.

I think the Apex Pro/MB set is the way to go. Let’s get selling. 😉

If I read this correctly your average round was higher with blades than non-blades though.

I am not surprised you could have a lowest round with blades. When you are hitting the center of the sweet spot it doesn’t matter what you are hitting. If you had a good day you could certainly go low with blades.

where did you see that blades average was higher?

I said that over the twoyear span, the yearly average was within 2 or so strokes. Can’t really remember which was what. It was something like one was 85.somthing and the other was 86.somthing.

Oh dear Lord...all I have to think about is that first 210 yard shot with a 4-iron that I will inevitably thin or sh&@nk and my desire for blades dies down for another 10 years.

Oh dear Lord...all I have to think about is that first 210 yard shot with a 4-iron that I will inevitably thin or sh&@nk and my desire for blades dies down for another 10 years.

where did you see that blades average was higher?

I said that over the twoyear span, the yearly average was within 2 or so strokes. Can’t really remember which was what. It was something like one was 85.somthing and the other was 86.somthing.

Based on within two I made what may have been a faulty assumption that the blade average was higher. If it was lower I would have expected you to say that I averaged two strokes lower with blades.

I say buy the blades and start incrementally using them. Maybe start with the 8-9-PW while playing your current set in the longer irons. As you get used to them, add the 7 and 6 (I know I'd stop there, but maybe you could game the whole set).

Changing gears....gonna go with the Apex MBs in 7 to PW and combo them up with my Apex Pro 5, 6. Will place an order this week.

Changing gears....gonna go with the Apex MBs in 7 to PW and combo them up with my Apex Pro 5, 6. Will place an order this week.
I mean... if that's what you want.

No pressure..

Based on within two I made what may have been a faulty assumption that the blade average was higher. If it was lower I would have expected you to say that I averaged two strokes lower with blades.
gotcha. Ya i really cant remember which one came out lower or not. It was roughly 5 years ago or so. Either way, 2 ish strokes over a span of 2 seasons isn't significant in my eyes to which was better or not. I had reasons I enjoyed my blades more and why I enjoyed the "friendlier" irons more.

Like others have mentioned though, in terms of the scoring irons (9-GW) I don't think ive played anything as consistent/accurate as my FG tour 100s. Biggest reason why I would love to eventually make my zx7s into a split set with the z forged :love::love:

I couldn't wait anymore..... ORDER PLACED.

Went with the Apex MBs.

1620240118625.png

New Decade on C-taper on MB. You like ALL the feels.. :LOL:

I know, kind of a “feels” party foul there

No way. My last set of Apex '18 MB's, I found a deal on CPO "Like New" with ProjectX 6.0's. Couple things:
  • Those won't win any feel popularity polls but I don't mind them.
  • Darned if they aren't a pretty good fit for me, very accurate and responsive in a bunch of different heads I've demo'd them in, from MB's to Players Distance
  • Mizuno Optimizer routinely spits ProjectX 6.0 out as a top pick for me.
Glad I picked up that set because if I listened to the shaft shamers I would have missed out on a great combo.

Back