Talking to the ball.

Lynford

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you do it ?

Why do you do it ? It's not like it does any good.

I am probably the worlds worst, I tell my ball to do everything.......sometimes it listens, sometimes it doesn't :D

Get up
Get down
Hit a brick
Grow teeth
Spin
Travel
Sit down
Kick left / right

etc etc

I don't actually yell at the ball per say, I usually just nervously mumble those things quietly to myself after a shot.

I will direct the ball, but they are notoriously poor listeners. I have been known to give them a big kiss after a birdie or a satisfying par.

In russia, ball talks to you.

I will direct the ball, but they are notoriously poor listeners. I have been known to give them a big kiss after a birdie or a satisfying par.

After I managed to 3 nab the 17th in a Medal round last week I directed my ball straight into the river next to the 17th green :bye:

I name my golf balls, but only male names. I don't feel comfortable talking to balls named after women. It's probably because I am shy

I name my golf balls, but only male names. I don't feel comfortable talking to balls named after women. It's probably because I am shy
Shouldn't feel right hitting them either....
:angel:

Just remember that you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen.

(according to Trevino, anyway...)

-JP

After watching this last season of Big Break I think I'll start yelling: PARA, PARA!!!

I talk to mine too but during my round I yell at my golf ball.

Before I tee up for my first swing, I talk to it. That then can follow by a berating of a variety of words...from there though, it just turns into talking and insulting myself. Yea me...:banghead:

Depends, Usually yell at myself more than the ball.

"get down, get down dammit!"

"stop, stop, i said stop rolling damn ball!"

I better not say what I say to my golf balls, might be some children on here :D:nono:

Last edited:
Ever since watching Big Break, I've been talking to my ball more haa haa :)

I talk to my ball, my clubs, my swing, my decisions made on the course, you name it and I'm belly aching all the way around. I always be sure not to be too over the top though, last thing I'd want to do is ruin my playing partners round because of it.

When I talk I say things like get up/down, ect. But when I want my ball to shape I will add like this weird thing where I go c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-cut or d-d-d-d-d-d-draw. Its really weird haha

"Sit!" and "Release!" are perhaps my two favorites although I've never known it to do any good whatsoever. As many have said, most of the time I'm yelling at myself, but I have been known to call the ball a "filthy _______ (s word for promiscuous girl)" :embarrassed: when it's being particularly bratty! This comes out most often when I've hit a nice little flop in a delicate spot and then the damn thing just keeps rolling and rolling and rolling :angry::angry::angry:

I talk to the ball. If the pros do it then there must be something to it.:confused2:

@yocco what the name of the comedian who says that?!!?! it's been stuck in my head for the last 4 days and it's starting to drive my friends crazy.

my balls don't seem to understand English... usually only listen to me when I yell at them in Korean... go figure

Back