Tampa February golf

Crapgame

Reaction score
have a trip down to Tampa area for work and going to play Streamsong and Innisbrook already. If I have an extra day, what are some of the best public options (don’t need to be over the top) for a mid-high handicapper ? Ideally within 30-45 minutes of Tampa Airport but could potentially fly out of Sarasota.

Thanks all in Advance!

Lake Jovita, Fox Hollow, World Woods and Southern Hills Plantation out of what I've played within an area. World Woods Pine Barrens is probably my top pick of all those

Lake Jovita, Fox Hollow, World Woods and Southern Hills Plantation out of what I've played within an area. World Woods Pine Barrens is probably my top pick of all those

Thanks. World Woods seems like a good option.

have a trip down to Tampa area for work and going to play Streamsong and Innisbrook already. If I have an extra day, what are some of the best public options (don’t need to be over the top) for a mid-high handicapper ? Ideally within 30-45 minutes of Tampa Airport but could potentially fly out of Sarasota.

Thanks all in Advance!
Streamsong has 3 courses and Innisbrook has 2 that are top shelf...Island being 2nd. The 3 at Streamsong are the best of potential options. World Woods is one of my faves for sure. It is just over an hour from airport to World Woods. If you are up for lots of golf and do get up there....Play both. Rolling Oaks is great fun too.

+1 to World Woods. Have played there when visiting friends in the area. Two very nice courses, with two very different layouts and styles. Wherever you go. Enjoy!

World Woods is a bit of a hike and is at the outside of your 30-45 minute ‘limit’. An old school classic is Dunedin, designed by Donald Ross.

Dunedin is a good course, tough start. Bardmoor or TPC Tampa are worth looking at.

Dunedin is a good course, tough start. Bardmoor or TPC Tampa are worth looking at.

tpc Tampa seems so overpriced, I’ll check out the others. Generally not a big fan of Ross courses

Thanks for starting this thread. I’m in Tampa 5-6 times a year but have never played golf.

I was planning on playing last October in Tamps but never got to it because of travel restrictions and quarantine. I will definitely be traveling to Tampa in 2021 and will be bringing my clubs.

I haven’t played much in Tampa, but when I did, I really enjoyed World Woods (nearly 10 years ago).

tpc Tampa seems so overpriced, I’ll check out the others. Generally not a big fan of Ross courses

Played TPC for free a couple of times- my Dad was a volunteer for several years for The Outback(?). Then got a good off season deal. And yeah, it isn’t up to “TPC” snuff as far as I’m concerned. Plus, I found the staff and ‘members’ a bit uppity and full of themselves. Also- on a private gated course, you need a key for the Golfball shaped bathrooms?

Back