OhioGolfer

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Weather
Heading to Tampa in 2 weeks and looking for a course or 2 to play, any suggestions?

I was in Tampa last year and played the forest and lake courses at the Eagles and really enjoyed both.

Favorite public course I played down there during the trip was a little south of Tampa called University Park Country Club.

OhioGolfer;n8901229 said:
Heading to Tampa in 2 weeks and looking for a course or 2 to play, any suggestions?

What budget are you working with? That might help a bit with the options

Fox Hollow, TPC.....but if have a car....Go straight north about an hour World Woods. Pine Barrens. and play Rolling Oaks same day if up for it...

Played TPC and Fox Hollow many times. For me, TPC is not what I expected from a TPC- especially after playing Sawgrass. It isn’t worth the money they charge for Prime times. Getting at off peak times just about worth it. I mean, to use the rest stations, you need to use the cart key to open the door? Million+ dollar homes and you worry about someone stealing toilet paper?
Fox Hollow is a good test. Cypress Run is a lesser known track, but has excellent conditions. (edit- Sorry, I meant "Wentworth" which is right next to Cypress Run)
World Woods is always in good shape and if you get the replay deal, well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you don't mind driving a bit, World Woods or Innisbrook. Or could go a little further and hit up Streamsong.

Was in the Tampa/Clearwater area in May.............played World Woods and for under $80 you play two great courses.

I agree with World Woods and Wentworth. Good, solid golf courses.

I would definitely consider the Streamsong courses. Played two of them and hoping to hit third at some point.

Back