Taylor Made and their Wedges

TMSHACKS

Bridgestone Staffer
Reaction score
I have liked Taylor Made's Z TP wedge however its no longer available through stores after they sell out of the wedges in store. The same goes for their newest wedge XFT with the replaceable face.

Does anyone know from the Golfshow or heard anything about what they are going to be doing.

I would doubt a top company like TM would not have wedges as a part of their product line. Also new wedges tend to be released later in the year (March/April) so its possible they are sticking with the XFT and just havent released their 2011 models.

Any help would be awesome

As far as I know the XFT is still out on tour... which store is telling you they can't get them?

Are you sure its not just the models with non-conforming grooves that wont be available anymore? I'm assuming they'd continue their current line-up, just with conforming grooves.

xFT isnt going anywhere, you just cant order them with non conforming grooves, i know the xFT that are out now are staying but have seen pics and heard some stuff about a black model coming out also, like the one on tourspecgolf.com

well as far as stores telling me that cant get any more wedges

Golf Galaxy said ZTP wedges are no longer available to order

As far as XFT goes I know a TM Rep and he said at this time they no longer produce the ZTP wedges and currently have no XFT's to ship out.

If you check TM's shop on their site you will notice under their wedge page very limited selection of wedges. Thnx for all your help

I have several of the xFTs and have put away several of the "Z" faces as spares. The ZTP face is the conforming face and I don't see TM not making them available.
TM also has just brought out the CG16 wedges.

xFT isnt going anywhere, you just cant order them with non conforming grooves, i know the xFT that are out now are staying but have seen pics and heard some stuff about a black model coming out also, like the one on tourspecgolf.com
I would like to see that. One drawback with this wedge is how reflective it is when the sun hits the blade just right. It's blinding.

That black wedge is gorgeous.

I have liked Taylor Made's Z TP wedge however its no longer available through stores after they sell out of the wedges in store. The same goes for their newest wedge XFT with the replaceable face.

Does anyone know from the Golfshow or heard anything about what they are going to be doing.

I would doubt a top company like TM would not have wedges as a part of their product line. Also new wedges tend to be released later in the year (March/April) so its possible they are sticking with the XFT and just havent released their 2011 models.

Any help would be awesome

The xFT wedges will be in their lineup throughout 2011. I dont have any other info beyond that.

This idea was supposed to happen on 2/4 and it was scrapped at this time. They were also to debut at the show and were not released. According to TM yesterday "there is no timetable on if and when we release the darker finish".

The xFT wedges will be in their lineup throughout 2011. I dont have any other info beyond that.

This idea was supposed to happen on 2/4 and it was scrapped at this time. They were also to debut at the show and were not released. According to TM yesterday "there is no timetable on if and when we release the darker finish".

Dang i was looking forward to the black, it looks amazing. Hopefully they release it sometime this year

Back