Taylormade 300 Mini Driver

As is my history, I hit mini drivers stooooopid well off the turf….

DEB40692-BB7D-46FD-B8C9-17410008BC00.jpeg

I love it.
It’s really quite good. I prefer it to the last one, even with the silver face. Great feel and it’s easier to elevate.

It’s really quite good. I prefer it to the last one, even with the silver face. Great feel and it’s easier to elevate.
I was never able to hit the older version, but I will second that this one is crazy easy to get in the air

I enjoyed the last one, even if it didn't make it in my bag.

I really want to swing one, but I also have no need in my bag for this (or room). I barely use my 3 wood as is and drop to a driving iron if I am playing a tight hole.

i thought that was gonna give me the "yucks" but it turns out it isn't important :LOL::rolleyes:

I was never able to hit the older version, but I will second that this one is crazy easy to get in the air
It really is surprising how easy the 13.5 elevates for me, and the 7F5 LINQ Purple is a hell of a pairing.

i thought that was gonna give me the "yucks" but it turns out it isn't important :LOL::rolleyes:
You mean you don’t look at the face at address!? :LOL:;)

You mean you don’t look at the face at address!? :LOL:;)

it was just one of those things when i looked at it, i would think "pretty sure this is gonna feel like a trash can..." but nope...feels fantastic. i may try and put my SIM2 shaft in it and see how it plays as just "the driver"

it was just one of those things when i looked at it, i would think "pretty sure this is gonna feel like a trash can..." but nope...feels fantastic. i may try and put my SIM2 shaft in it and see how it plays as just "the driver"
Hahaha that’s interesting indeed. One thing TM can’t be knocked for is sound, they get it right with the woods.

played it for a few holes during today's round...it's just too easy to hit. i need to remember to swap with shafts with my SIM2 Max and see what that does.

I still want one.

I haven't had much time to play since getting my 300, but I got my second round in with it yesterday. We're starting to [mostly] get along. I love the sound! With the exception of one particularly well-hit drive, I haven't noticed much of a distance gain over the already-long Original One, but I agree it is more forgiving. With the lower loft and 80g RDX Smoke shaft, it has the piercing low trajectory I was looking for. But as expected, it's also more difficult to launch consistently off the deck. At some point I'll swap shafts to see what effect that has on ball flight, but for now I'm quite pleased. Well done, TaylorMade!

If I didn't already have the Original One, I would be all over the 300. I got to hit it a demo day and really liked what I saw. For someone like myself who doesn't hit a 3w off the deck very often, the larger profile makes so much sense.

If I didn't already have the Original One, I would be all over the 300. I got to hit it a demo day and really liked what I saw. For someone like myself who doesn't hit a 3w off the deck very often, the larger profile makes so much sense.
This is exactly why I love the 13.5. I think ive hit a 3w off the deck 5x in 2 years. Not because I cant hit it, just never needed to or found myself in position to need it

Im not gonna make the mistake and sell the 300 mini like I did with the original one. Favorite club in my bag

This is exactly why I love the 13.5. I think ive hit a 3w off the deck 5x in 2 years. Not because I cant hit it, just never needed to or found myself in position to need it

Im not gonna make the mistake and sell the 300 mini like I did with the original one. Favorite club in my bag

Yep. The Mini is actually quite manageable off the deck if it's needed and it's a weapon off the tee. I would be curious with more time to compare the Mini and 300 in terms of forgiveness.

Yep. The Mini is actually quite manageable off the deck if it's needed and it's a weapon off the tee. I would be curious with more time to compare the Mini and 300 in terms of forgiveness.
Head to head would be alot of fun..... 300 spins more so for me I think thats helped alot with overall forgiveness

OO was easier off the deck for me personally but both are definitely playable

Continues to be my favorite driver I've ever hit. Straight and long. I have so much more confidence standing on a tee box than I ever have.

Tried it off the deck today for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. The ball just jumped off the face.

Continues to be my favorite driver I've ever hit. Straight and long. I have so much more confidence standing on a tee box than I ever have.

Tried it off the deck today for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. The ball just jumped off the face.

Have just purchased an 11.5 and was wondering if you have tried it at 9.5 off the tee?

Have just purchased an 11.5 and was wondering if you have tried it at 9.5 off the tee?
I have had so much success with the 11.5 setting that I haven't tried lofting it down yet. My distance has been just as good with it at 11.5 as I was with a standard 9.5 driver. I assume because my face contact is much better with this club. I will try to loft it down though and see what happens. I can always go back up

I have had so much success with the 11.5 setting that I haven't tried lofting it down yet. My distance has been just as good with it at 11.5 as I was with a standard 9.5 driver. I assume because my face contact is much better with this club. I will try to loft it down though and see what happens. I can always go back up

Thanks, I can’t find a single professional review of the 11.5 300 mini, they all seem to be for the 13.5.

There’s also a lack of forum opinion regarding lofting down to 9.5 which is how I was planning to use it, instead of a driver. Been using the 13 degree ping rapture mini driver / 3 wood set to 13.5 with great success, so was hoping this will be longer, gap well with the Ping, yet feel similar.

Will eventually have a play around with the lofts myself too, but I’m currently waiting for my Midsize grips to arrive before using it.

It's official ... the 300 Mini 11.5 has displaced the driver in my bag. I can still hit my driver longer, but for some reason I can't explain I've become erratic with it since mid-summer. I don't always split the fairway with the 300, but it's not as big a threat to wildlife, traffic, and other golfers, and I can still get 280+ yards out of it on a good swing. To fill the empty slot, I'm going to put the 14.5* Original One back in the bag for occasional fairway use.

Back