Taylormade 300 Mini Driver

It's official ... the 300 Mini 11.5 has displaced the driver in my bag. I can still hit my driver longer, but for some reason I can't explain I've become erratic with it since mid-summer. I don't always split the fairway with the 300, but it's not as big a threat to wildlife, traffic, and other golfers, and I can still get 280+ yards out of it on a good swing. To fill the empty slot, I'm going to put the 14.5* Original One back in the bag for occasional fairway use.
Exact same. This has been the unicorn I've searched for for many years. Love this club

Curious if many out there in the interwebs are still gaming the mini driver?

Exact same. This has been the unicorn I've searched for for many years. Love this club
i've struggled with driver for a while too and this statement really speaks to me... i should probably figure out how to demo this thing

i've struggled with driver for a while too and this statement really speaks to me... i should probably figure out how to demo this thing
Not joking at all when I say I struggle to keep a standard driver on the planet. The 300 will have a wild one occasionally but even the wild one is almost always on the same hole. And the good swings have probably quadrupled. The confidence is something I've never felt on a tee box

This driver has been a game changer for me. I've gained a ton in regards to dispersion without sacrificing much if any distance. Keeping the ball on the planet makes the game so much easier. Who knew?

This driver has been a game changer for me. I've gained a ton in regards to dispersion without sacrificing much if any distance. Keeping the ball on the planet makes the game so much easier. Who knew?

also, really need to try this next year

also, really need to try this next year

If you're a golfer who hits 3w pretty decent but can't control a driver at all, I can't recommend this club enough. I love it

I'm playing the Original One mini but completely agree. My bad shots are so much better and more playable. I understand all the reasons this shouldn't be the case but there is no denying the results.

Another solid tee round today. Can't stress enough how great this club has been for me

For me, it was too much of a niche club. Most of the courses I play tend to be pretty generous with the fairways but highly penalizing just slightly offline. There might be one of two holes where this club might be used and if that’s the case I would rather carry a 3 wood or just chock down a tad on a driver. The mini just wasn’t much use if it wasn’t teed up.

The results just keep being there for this club. Something about it just works really well for me

The results just keep being there for this club. Something about it just works really well for me
Are you using this as your main driver? Only as a tee option?

I ask because I'm still killing my OO in the simulator off the tee and turf. Ballspeed is the same as a M2 and Sim Max and that's set at 13.5*. I'm considering trying to find a bomber driver and then playing the mini as basically a hot 3W and maybe loft it up. Or I could leave well enough alone and just play it as is lol.

I didn’t notice this weekend. Did Phil still have one of these in the bag?

Have you tracked any distance stats on this? (apologies if it was earlier in the thread, jumping in now)

Are you using this as your main driver? Only as a tee option?

I ask because I'm still killing my OO in the simulator off the tee and turf. Ballspeed is the same as a M2 and Sim Max and that's set at 13.5*. I'm considering trying to find a bomber driver and then playing the mini as basically a hot 3W and maybe loft it up. Or I could leave well enough alone and just play it as is lol.
Yes. I use it as my main driver. Standard drivers I am off the planet right with more shots than I am straight. This club is the complete opposite.
I have the 11.5. I have used it a handful of times off the fairway to try and reach a par 5, but 99% of my use is off the tee.

Have you tracked any distance stats on this? (apologies if it was earlier in the thread, jumping in now)
My distance has not dropped at all really man. I'm WAY straighter now so if anything, I feel like it might be longer. I'm still right around my playing partners or ahead of them just like I was when I hit a standard driver properly and wasn't a fairway over :p

Did TM discontinue the Mini Driver? Don’t see it on their website. Was this just a limited production run? A little confused here….

Did TM discontinue the Mini Driver? Don’t see it on their website. Was this just a limited production run? A little confused here….
Just received an email from TM stating the club is discontinued……

Just received an email from TM stating the club is discontinued……
Bummer. I've seen a few for sale here on the marketplace. Hopefully they can still be found

I love this club!! Easiest to hit and most fun club in my bag

Put in a Ventus TR shaft and lifted up to 15*. I have no use for a 3w and the more I hit this club it just confirms I made the right choice

EE838004-B914-4E3C-9A6A-B8C5F90F098E.jpeg3968535B-8921-495A-8028-0D098F49B3EE.jpeg

I love this club!! Easiest to hit and most fun club in my bag

Put in a Ventus TR shaft and lifted up to 15*. I have no use for a 3w and the more I hit this club it just confirms I made the right choice

View attachment 9068521View attachment 9068522
It's been a total game changer for me. So much more confidence compared to a standard driver and barely if any distance loss because the shots are straighter

How long is this mini driver? In club length? I have the original 360 from many years ago that appears to be 45.5". I am not using it but I was considering cutting it down to under 45" as an experiment. I would assume this version of it is hotter and maybe more forgiving but maybe what I have will be close enough.

Last edited:
Is it worth picking a used one of these up to test against the Original One?

How long is this mini driver? In club length? I have the original 300 from years ago that appears to be 45.5". I am not using it but I was considering cutting it down to under 45" as an experiment. I would assume this version of it is hotter and maybe more forgiving but maybe what I have will be close enough.
43.5 if I remember correctly. Maybe 43.75

Is it worth picking a used one of these up to test against the Original One?
I'd say yes. I never gamed the OO but the 300 is terrific

Back