Taylormade 300 Mini Driver

This is a "thing" again?

I don't know why I get an eye roll. These mini-drivers go in and out, it seems, to promote sales of "something new."

I don't know why I get an eye roll. These mini-drivers go in and out, it seems, to promote sales of "something new."
Or….it’s to add another niche option for those who might want it. It’s not different than there being vastly different profiles of every other club type out there. It’s another option, and EVERY release will fit SOMEONE the best.

It's fine. It just goes in and out, it seems. This time to prop up summer sales (sarcasm).
The industry doesn’t really need to prop up sales right now, fwiw.

Well, maybe Wilson does.

The industry doesn’t really need to prop up sales right now, fwiw.

Well, maybe Wilson does.

Really, I am just curious. I'm all for more choices. Usually, people start waiting in the middle of summer for the fall models, and these pop down ... in the middle of summer. Good idea to pop up something for which they have inventory at the end of a model year.

I have always struggled with accuracy with the driver, but do well with a 3w off the tee. The Mini has taken the place of my 3w and for many rounds I play, I don’t hit my driver more than a few times. I don’t think this club is for everyone but it helps me a lot off the tee.

I have always struggled with accuracy with the driver, but do well with a 3w off the tee. The Mini has taken the place of my 3w and for many rounds I play, I don’t hit my driver more than a few times. I don’t think this club is for everyone but it helps me a lot off the tee.

Oh, I'm all for choices. It's just that the mini's seem to come and go. They ought to make them a staple even if they keep a small inventory. They seem useful as a first or second driver, or even off the deck.

Oh, I'm all for choices. It's just that the mini's seem to come and go. They ought to make them a staple even if they keep a small inventory. They seem useful as a first or second driver, or even off the deck.

The coming and going part is frustrating. I would rather see them be on a regular release cycle like everything else too.

The coming and going part is frustrating. I would rather see them be on a regular release cycle like everything else too.
Problem is they might be one of the few things to move less than MB’s do.

I used an SLDR Mini off the tee for the entire 2019 season. I was working on my swing and it was important for me to play from the fairway that year. And it worked great. The MD hit a nice high reliable draw and let me focus on my approach game.

I tried the OO as an "upgrade" but it didn't fit me as well.

Now I'm carrying a Mavrik Max 3+ on a 44" shaft. It's got heavy weights in it and swings at like D4-5. The larger face area is not all that different from a Mini Driver except it's longer heel to toe and slightly less deep. I still don't use it off the deck.

A buddy is using my old SLDR MD and he tons it, even off the deck or especially out of a lie that is sitting up a bit.

It's fine. It just goes in and out, it seems. This time to prop up summer sales (sarcasm).

I think it's A) useful for a lot of players but also B) something to pump up mid-cycle sales and C) a creative way to get $399 for a fairway wood. It can be all those things.

Problem is they might be one of the few things to move less than MB’s do.

Sounds like I may have to start buying and hoarding these, ha.

20210719_091541.jpg

Buddy sent this to me. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Yeah….this is a lot of fun.

New one sits decently open to my eye, which usually means a lot to others. Like the loft you see from the face color.

20210719_122142.jpg20210719_122504.jpg

Definitely not little as a deck club club.

Last edited:
I knew I could count on you to get one of these. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts as I just ordered mine for some unknown reason.

NOOooo, no, no. You cannot. I sold my Original One recently when all this stuff gained traction, and I have no place in the bag for that thing. It's beyond niche, and there is zero it will do that I can't do with my other, more versatile clubs. Tee club only for almost everyone, and always seems best suited for the guys who prefer 3W off the tee for whatever reason, or very course specific. Fun, but not for me.

any side by sides with a driver?

I'm sure one of the guys that had picked one up can post a couple. It's deep. Looks bigger and more driver like over the ball than the prior one for sure.

NOOooo, no, no. You cannot. I sold my Original One recently when all this stuff gained traction, and I have no place in the bag for that thing. It's beyond niche, and there is zero it will do that I can't do with my other, more versatile clubs. Tee club only for almost everyone, and always seems best suited for the guys who prefer 3W off the tee for whatever reason, or very course specific. Fun, but not for me.

I'm sure one of the guys that had picked one up can post a couple. It's deep. Looks bigger and more driver like over the ball than the prior one for sure.

that sounds like something i am NOT looking for...but hey, can't take $ with you right? :LOL::LOL::LOL::rolleyes:

Don’t wanna replace my driver but the 3 wood yes. I hit it well off the tee and not so much off the ground. Usually puts me in a bad spot so if I can get the tee game from the mini I’ll be eliminating the 3 wood from the bag.

Don't need do want

CBB14A61-37A1-491F-A8D5-C1CF6B734263.jpeg4A9F25C8-0869-4D30-A973-437806EAC0CF.jpeg

Back