Taylormade 300 Mini Driver

I really liked the OO. I really like this mini. I really want to buy one even though my bag, my game, etc all say it makes zero sense.

I’m pretty smitten with mine. With how I play a mini has always made the most sense at that spot in the bag. Add that my 5w is amply long then it makes this a non-concern as far as off the deck goes.

I do slightly prefer the smaller over all profile of the OO. But is it so minimal as to not be an issue.

Plus, I have a KBS TD 70 cat 5 with a tm tip all ready to go for this that may just be awesome..

Hmm..

I do slightly prefer the smaller over all profile of the OO. But is it so minimal as to not be an issue.

Plus, I have a KBS TD 70 cat 5 with a tm tip all ready to go for this that may just be awesome..

Hmm..
I’ve got a Ventus 7X Red in mine right now, which I don’t want to play long term, but it’s there for now.

Hmm..
Highly underrated shaft!!!! I still have my 60 cat4 and 70 cat4. I’m gonna give the Ventus black 70x a chance first and see how it works in this head.. but the TD 70 was automatic when I had it in Original One

I’ve got a Ventus 7X Red in mine right now, which I don’t want to play long term, but it’s there for now.

Probably a decent match!

Yep. I think this is exactly what I've been looking for size wise.
Really frames the ball well. There’s something about it that screams confidence… even more than driver.

Here goes nothing. Went with the 11.5 as I plan to use it almost exclusively from the tee. Excited to get it out there this weekend!
20210722_102830.jpg
20210722_102809.jpg

Here goes nothing. Went with the 11.5 as I plan to use it almost exclusively from the tee. Excited to get it out there this weekend!

As much as I generally like my ST-X, so tempted to try one of these as a replacement. Always loved the original persimmon-sized metal drivers, and since my 3-wood is usually only about 10-15 yards shorter than my driver (and usually more accurate), this could be a great option to keep the ball more in the fairway. Definitely enjoying all the positive comments.

i think the smart move, for me, is to avoid this at 11.5...but i WANT it.

As much as I generally like my ST-X, so tempted to try one of these as a replacement. Always loved the original persimmon-sized metal drivers, and since my 3-wood is usually only about 10-15 yards shorter than my driver (and usually more accurate), this could be a great option to keep the ball more in the fairway. Definitely enjoying all the positive comments.
This is me. Also my hope

Rick Shiels just did a video review of this guy on YouTube. I'm definitely interested, but he saw pretty aggressive yardage loss, and no real gain over a 3W so not sure that gets me there. I hit a good drive 250, and i need this to go 230 off the tee for it to be worth it.

Rick Shiels just did a video review of this guy on YouTube. I'm definitely interested, but he saw pretty aggressive yardage loss, and no real gain over a 3W so not sure that gets me there. I hit a good drive 250, and i need this to go 230 off the tee for it to be worth it.
FWIW, thats not at all what I've seen.

Have a tee time tmrw so I'll get some on course data. Playing with my regular partner so I'll have a good idea of distances compared to where I normally am against him in both drives and 3w tee shots.

Played a few rounds now with this (11.5*) as my primary club off the tee. Pretty much performing liked I hoped - minimal distance loss (if any) compared to my driver and mishits far less punitive. Granted, I’ve been struggling with driver this season so not a very high bar to clear there but liking what I’m seeing thus far.

Got my OG back today, I’ll try and snap a side by side with the 300 tomorrow. (y)

FWIW, thats not at all what I've seen.
I'd love to see some numbers if you can get them. My driver has definitely improved as a high handicapper to the point where it's either a great stroke right down the middle or a loftier soft slice. I used to slice 50 yards into the woods and now most of them are just hugging the tree line to where they are playable, so if I could get one of these with a 20 yard loss but dance on the right side of the fairway it would be huge.

Love love love this Mini driver!! As my 3w replacement it’s so much easier to hit and a real weapon from the tee

compared to the Original One, the 300 mini is miles ahead in forgiveness. One thing I also noticed is the 300 launches much higher also. It’s definitely not a weak flight, still very penetrating, but I’d say launches 2* higher

More to come but..... Wow. Loving this club
20210724_151253.jpg

Just plugged a LINQ Purple 7F5 into this for my trip next week, happy to get the Ventus out TBH.

First round in the books and I gotta say I'm really impressed so far. I went with the 11.5 to use it as my primary tee club and that's exactly what I did today.

The first thing I noticed was was sound. To me, it has a great thwack sound not the high pingy sound that I don't care for.

The forgiveness is also great. Had a couple heels that normally would have been trouble but today they were still very much in play.

Distance wise it was exactly what I was hoping for. Longer than my 3w. Very close to where I often was with a normal driver. Occasionally even further when I put the proper swing on the ball. The ball flight was exactly what I was looking for as well. Penetrating with just the right amount of height for me.

18 holes in. So it's still a small sample but I had more confidence on the tee today after settling in with this club than I have in a long time. This may not be for everyone, but with driver being my kryptonite, I found the 300 to be a real boost to my tee game.

Picked up one of these for a buddy struggling with his driver. He is playing it tomorrow. Will let you all know how he does with it.

As much as I have some personal hangups with how TM is doing some things, my guy Chandler (Product Manager and Product Creation with TM) has never steered me wrong yet, after a convo on these it pushed me to get the one I have now, and I don’t regret it at all.

The adjustable shaft on this is +/- 1 degree based off of advertised loft? I.e. the 11.5 can be adjusted to 10.5 or 12.5? And then the 13.5 can be 12.5 and 14.5?

Back