Taylormade 300 Mini Driver

The adjustable shaft on this is +/- 1 degree based off of advertised loft? I.e. the 11.5 can be adjusted to 10.5 or 12.5? And then the 13.5 can be 12.5 and 14.5?

The lofts are adjustable by two degrees in each direction.

The adjustable shaft on this is +/- 1 degree based off of advertised loft? I.e. the 11.5 can be adjusted to 10.5 or 12.5? And then the 13.5 can be 12.5 and 14.5?

It’s right in the TM site:

FFBDAF83-EFC0-4CD7-9E3C-E6F568D43F2C.jpeg

Just picked an 11.5* and hope to have it here by the weekend when I get home. It will be used primarily on tight tee shots for me. I have a 3 wood already in the bag, but just not as confident in it as I am a driver, so hoping this will help where I need it.

man this is such a fun club. Hit the range yesterday and found myself continually swinging and swinging this thing forgetting about the other clubs in the bag

Its so easy to hit square

I got to see the 300 in person yesterday. It looks good. I may at some point try to track down an 11.5 and see what it can turned down to 9.5

I'm curious to try it but I am not sure it has a place in my bag.

ahem...pics?
Sorry, in Ohio and then Myrtle for a little THP Mizuno Experience ;)

Family and packing usurped pics.

Sorry, in Ohio and then Myrtle for a little THP Mizuno Experience ;)

Family and packing usurped pics.
Is the 300 in the bag for the SC/Mizuno weekend?

Reactions: MH
Just sold my OO Mini. Just had the 300 in hand. Don't like the looks. Something about that deep face doesn't do it for me and somehow it looks small at address. Turning it over though, it looks giant from the bottom side. Can't see how this could possibly be easier to hit from the turf then the not at all easy OO. Truely a bit relieved I won't be dropping 4 bills on this one.

Just sold my OO Mini. Just had the 300 in hand. Don't like the looks. Something about that deep face doesn't do it for me and somehow it looks small at address. Turning it over though, it looks giant from the bottom side. Can't see how this could possibly be easier to hit from the turf then the not at all easy OO. Truely a bit relieved I won't be dropping 4 bills on this one.
Yeah I haven't tried off the deck yet and likely won't. As a tee club though I found it to be great to hit

I think it looks great. Mine arrived today and I just happen to have a tee time at 6:55 am.

I think it looks great. Mine arrived today and I just happen to have a tee time at 6:55 am.

that was what clinched it for me...saw some in GG (unfortunately, all RH :cautious:) and made a mental note for when i would waffle on buying one :LOL::rolleyes:

that was what clinched it for me...saw some in GG (unfortunately, all RH :cautious:) and made a mental note for when i would waffle on buying one :LOL::rolleyes:
Well it didn’t take you long. ;) Yeah I think it is a great looking club. Can’t wait to hit it tomorrow.

Well it didn’t take you long. ;) Yeah I think it is a great looking club. Can’t wait to hit it tomorrow.

can't wait to hear your thoughts...i am hoping the shipping estimate is right and mine gets here friday.

can't wait to hear your thoughts...i am hoping the shipping estimate is right and mine gets here friday.
Mine was accurate as it said today from the first shipping notification. I’ll report after my round. I will say it inspires confidence standing over it.

Longtime mini driver fan who has been aching to try the new TM mini driver. Demo'ed it today at a golf shop while "working from home".

The good: it's almost as long as my driver.

The bad: it's pretty much just my driver.

I play a Taylormade M4 cut down an inch to 44.75 inches, and right now I have the loft set to 10.5 degrees. The 11.5 degree mini driver plays at 43.75 length.

The mini felt awesome and was very easy to hit, but was hitting 10 yards shorter than my driver, and wasn't that much more accurate (or I wasn't more accurate with it). Overall, it was way too close to what I already have to justify $400 on it.

If you play a 46" FU-sized driver, the mini driver would probably be a welcome surprise. But I have basically been mini-driving for a year now, and this new version was worthy but not a game changer.

It's definitely a generational step forward vs the SLDR mini I formerly gamed, which was a high-spin balloon ball machine. Not sure about the OO.

Last edited:
hard to explain hitting off the deck with both. Ill say without question the 300 is more forgiving than the OO (and I dont mean that as OO wasn't forgiving, 300 is just better). TM describes the 300 as "playable" off the deck and thats how I would describe. It's playable as in yes it can be hit from the deck, but dont expect 3w launch and performance. If I launch my 3w around 11* off the deck, then I'd put the 300 at around 7-8* launch. It can be hit but it will be a low launch missile

I had the 13.5 OO and now the 13.5 300. Its not a driver replacement or 3w replacement technically. I dropped the 3w bc I dont use it ever. The 300 is simply an extra driver for me that goes 20 yards shorter but easier to square up.

One thing ive found with the 300 is it seems to be less draw bias than the OO. It very well could have been my swing at the time but I hit more draws and occasional pull hooks with the OO. The 300 seems very neutral so far in 3 rounds and about 5 range sessions

I think the question I keep asking myself in following this thread is, does the design itself (i.e. clubhead etc.) make it more accurate and easier to square up or is it just a product of the shaft being 1.75" shorter and I can buy another shaft, make the swing weight D3 in my current driver and I end up with almost the same thing and save roughly $350? I'd want to use this as my main driver, I don't care as much about the utility it has off the deck.

Just got my 300 Mini. For those who wanted side-by-side with the Original One ...

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

And here from left to right: SLDR Mini (260cc), Original One (275cc), 300 (307cc), EXS Pro (440cc), EXS (460cc)

IMG_2817.jpg

2nd round in the books today. Still blown away by how easy this is to hit. Zero banana slices which is my big driver miss. Almost every drive today was dead straight. I actually missed more to the left than I have in forever because I was expecting the fade to come and it just never did and I wound up just off the fairway left.

The ball just seems to jump off this driver. Distance has been right where my normal 9* driver typically is, but so far the accuracy is head and shoulders above my normal accuracy.

Looking forward to another round tomorrow

somehow, fedex picked mine up from TM on the 28th...then decided to let it sit for a, now, monday delivery.

My buddy has had his for a few rounds now and says he really likes it. It hasn’t cured his troubles off the tee completely but he said he is in play a fair bit more. I have yet to try it or play with him to see it in action but will chime in here as soon as I do.

Back