Taylormade 300 Mini Driver

I found an excellent deal on a used one, only 1 round so I couldn't pass it up knowing if I don't like it I can resell it and not lose. Picking it up tomorrow.

However, is there really a difference between this and throwing a 3 wood shaft in a 10.5 driver head and turning it up to 11.5? (Outside of the size difference).

For those who wanted side-by-side with the Original One ...

Gotta say, as much as I didn't bite on first look, I'll probably get suckered into buying one. Wow, that shiny face looks so much bigger.

Snapshot of my first 3 rounds with the 300 compared to my last 2 rounds with a standard driver.
Screenshot_20210801-215745_Golfshot.jpg
Fairway % has been significantly improved and my big banana slice has been virtually non existent. My miss with this club seems to be a pull that ends up left but not too far off the fairway.

somehow, fedex picked mine up from TM on the 28th...then decided to let it sit for a, now, monday delivery.
That’s a bummer, but good news because today is Monday. :D

Took me a few days to post as I was out of town. Played the new Mini on Thursday. Very easy to hit. The ball really jumps off the face. Think I need to experiment with the loft adjustment as I’d like to see a little more height. I will say I like it with only 1 round played. I’m still hitting driver so this is for shorter or tricky holes.

Finally in hand... Gotta pick a day to call in sick now :ROFLMAO:

2nd 9 hole round with mine tonight and I'm smitten. It's about 20 yards short of my normal driver distance so it fits perfectly with what I was looking for. I don't think I'll use it off the deck because my apex pro hybrid has been great off the deck and I wouldn't be gaining much distance anyway. I play a couple of courses with sharp doglegs and this thing gets it in a great spot on those holes for me way better than my 3 wood did. Nice penatrating ball flight with a baby draw. Beautiful

gotta figure out where this fits in this picture...

Screenshot (99).png

Question for you guys bagging this thing or other mini drivers, what aftermarket/custom head covers do you use. Wondering if a driver headcover is too big while a fairway would be too small?

Question for you guys bagging this thing or other mini drivers, what aftermarket/custom head covers do you use. Wondering if a driver headcover is too big while a fairway would be too small?
It comes with a head cover, but I just use a standard aftermarket driver head cover and it fits fine.

I am using an aftermarket driver headcover as well. It fits fine. Fairway will be too small.

Not sure about the driver, but your 5 iron looks like it is giving you issues.? Have you thought about throwing a 5 hybrid in it's place?

I am looking at that... I rarely pull out the 5i and that 155 represents the one time I used it on a shot into a good, stiff wind... Otherwise, it gets used in punch outs for the most part :(

finally got to play mine today...took a bit of adjustment with my set up but teeing it a little lower and moving it back solved that. i can do the same with a 3W off the tee but i have a lot more confidence looking down at this...my one off the deck shot didn't go so well but i think that's because i was worried about scuffing the sole :rolleyes::cautious::LOL:...need some more time with it...

edit - my driver let me know it's still the king of the long ball, tho.

Last edited:
second round was even more encouraging. i don't know if it was it being 3/4" longer with the tensei ck orange 60s in but it felt perfect at 44.5"...started out with the SIM2 Max...was struggling with my cut and wasn't quite getting my normal distance...switched out to the mini and the first tee shot was 270 (total) and almost got me in trouble (stopped about 5ft from the water's edge)...after that, i left the driver in the bag and hit the mini the rest of the way...feels fantastic...that same TM feel i love. my longest drive of the day was 289...which was funny because i was looking for my ball at the 250-260 range...almost gave up, then saw a pretty blue/yellow qst divide sitting well ahead of me :LOL:...the one time i used it off the deck, i was rewarded and almost made it on in two on a par 5 AFTER a terrible tee shot...i don't plan to take my driver out of the bag but this is definitely staying in...if i can muster the nerve, i might try and get on the sim at a nearby course and see how the numbers look...

Last edited:
I love this club!!!!….. that’s all

7e8514df6619e73b37cee20037efe5b2.jpg

42a38d5dfa551f41899170478ec65000.jpg

5a86bd8bdb030b2cbb771943a4181854.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another round in the books yesterday and another good day off the tee. I had one really ugly snap hook that was user error, but other than that, I got off the tee well to very well. Missed a couple to the first cut on the left because the fade didn't come. Most shots had a straight to slight fade flight with plenty of distance. My miss with the club seems to be when I occasionally tee the ball too hit and I'll hit a weak pop up. But that is me not the club. This club has been one of the best additions to my golf bag in a long time.

Another round in the books yesterday and another good day off the tee. I had one really ugly snap hook that was user error, but other than that, I got off the tee well to very well. Missed a couple to the first cut on the left because the fade didn't come. Most shots had a straight to slight fade flight with plenty of distance. My miss with the club seems to be when I occasionally tee the ball too hit and I'll hit a weak pop up. But that is me not the club. This club has been one of the best additions to my golf bag in a long time.
I used my 13.5 for 7 tee shots Saturday and hit 6 fairways. It's crazy how easy it is to hit. Only missed fairway was 5 yards off to the right due to left to right wind

What ive noticed since teeing off with mine is the big miss seems to be gone. A terrible swing will give you a terrible result obviously, but my misses with this are more playable compared to driver. I've thought about grabbing an 11.5 and lofting down for fun

I use a driver cover. Robert Mark.

I believe in karma and use this on mine.
A7C2C1A6-A28C-4C2A-976F-04C7A10F4CA1.jpeg

I used my 13.5 for 7 tee shots Saturday and hit 6 fairways. It's crazy how easy it is to hit. Only missed fairway was 5 yards off to the right due to left to right wind

What ive noticed since teeing off with mine is the big miss seems to be gone. A terrible swing will give you a terrible result obviously, but my misses with this are more playable compared to driver. I've thought about grabbing an 11.5 and lofting down for fun
Big time agree here. My huge banana slice is just not there with this driver. I've found that I'm on the correct hole way more often haha

Back