TaylorMade Announces a Subscription Service: MyTaylorMade+

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
MyTaylorMade+ will be hitting the App Store today and is the company’s subscription service that has been rumored for quite some time. With three options available, coming in at free, Champion or Legend the categories bring

Continue reading...

Interesting, i wish i could add something beyond that.

Well that's interesting.

And cheap.

Windget what the app will be like. Feels like that would make our break it for a lot of people.

Interesting. I may try the free one for the sake of curiosity, but that’s all I’d do for now

Definitely an interesting concept.

Will do the free one just to check it out.

Tour Trash™ seems like a weird name for a sweepstakes. I'm assuming they are giving away equipment rejected by their tour staff? Just seems like it could have been named better.

I might try the free level, but there’s honestly not much there you can’t get anywhere else on established apps. The paid tiers aren’t anything that interest me at all. They may get some serious TM fans hyped, but I can’t see this having mass appeal.

Interesting. The data tracking for free allows them a golfer database to look at statistics which will help them in that scenario, the club trial part seems like a DTC demo program on a larger scale which helps get their product in consumers hand the cost is the only thing in the air how many will pay to demo a few clubs for a month?

Tour Trash™ seems like a weird name for a sweepstakes. I'm assuming they are giving away equipment rejected by their tour staff? Just seems like it could have been named better.

I would have considered like Tour Treasure not trash

Will check out the free version but I don’t see anything in either paid version that would make me want to pay the subscription fee.
I do enjoy some of Taylormades YouTube content, especially stuff with Trottie so if it has some of that it could be okay.

I wouldn't use it to its full potential so no

Anyone know if the handicap would be considered official?

Anyone know if the handicap would be considered official?
Since it's also included in the free version my guess is no. Probably just similar to other apps on the market where it takes your scores and generates a handicap from them.

I will give the Free Version a go, but the rest of it doesn't seem useful for me in particular.

So odd for them. I guess I kinda see it - guaranteed revenue stream for them with little investment.

For the golfer, I don’t see the value here. Why is TM a superior choice for instruction? And why would I want tour trash :ROFLMAO:

I was just thinking the same thing. Odd...
I mean I get it conceptually, but it's a different take on nomenclature for sure.

i think this is interesting. if the gps is quality and you can keep a handicap, isn’t the middle tier close to grint pricing? add some of the extras and i think there is value. this has potential in my eyes.

wow... interesting... I think some in the marketing department might want to rerun some of the naming conventions and those conversations that were had.

Overall - not seeing a need for this app.

Interesting concept with the varying levels. Unfortunately I don’t need another app on my phone screen that I end up forgetting about.

Screenshot_20220118-072013_MyTaylorMade+.jpg

On course gps is still through the OnCourse app when you tap play, so ... that seems stupid.

Back