TaylorMade ATV Wedges

I like the concept behind them, but I'd like to see if it actually works.

OK dude, you confused me. You don't have xFT's?

Nah, I switched. Got some new wedges for xmas, but may be switching from those very soon.

Nah, I switched. Got some new wedges for xmas, but may be switching from those very soon.

Nice! The TM homer inside you will have these bad boys in the bag by the time the outing rolls around. I've heard nothing but good things about these. Wedges to me are suppose to be versatile and these seem to focus on that.

Nice! The TM homer inside you will have these bad boys in the bag by the time the outing rolls around. I've heard nothing but good things about these. Wedges to me are suppose to be versatile and these seem to focus on that.

Nice! You could be, probably are, right. Any info on what shaft they are putting in them?

Nice! You could be, probably are, right. Any info on what shaft they are putting in them?

That I don't know. HiRev's would make sense.

I just keep clicking back to the first page, because the more I look at these the more I like them! One interesting thing, I can easily see myself getting one of these, maybe two, but I don't know if I would have any need to have all that versatility in my gap wedge. Am I off on this?

That I don't know. HiRev's would make sense.

You're prob right. Guess we will find out tomorrow for sure. You do have me in some ponder mode right now after telling me what you've been hearing.

I am playing xFT's now and I do like them. These look really interesting though, from what I have seen in the videos etc it looks like they play well from just about any lie. As alwys we will see how it works first...

Saw some other pics and it isn't just paint, its cast into the club head then filled.

I think I could grow to like the look of these. A little different to a lot of the wedge designs coming out.

Really liking the idea of the versatile bounce technologies in the wedges. I'll definitely be changing up my wedges this year, and there are lots of contenders for the spaces!

Let's see if this make sense; I am not a fan of the looks, but I do like the design. I think they could have done something different with the design/layout of graphics, etc to make it more appealing. However, I think it looks like it can do some serious work out of different types of conditions.

I gamed the xFTs, and I may be in the minority here, but did not like them at all, they just did not fit my game. I practically have two brand new xFTs sitting in the extra golf bag because they were in and out of the bag so quick. I look forward to more info on these.

1st post updated with press release.

Bazzel added: “You won’t find a bounce number etched anywhere into the ATV clubhead because the sole takes on different bounces depending on how you position the club for the type of shot you’re hitting, including where your hands are positioned in relation to the clubhead and depending on whether the face is square or to what degree it’s open.”

I liked this part. To me, most amateur golfers dont need to worry about bounce. Having played the SCORs, these do intrigue me

Loved this...

“You won’t find a bounce number etched anywhere into the ATV clubhead because the sole takes on different bounces depending on how you position the club for the type of shot you’re hitting, including where your hands are positioned in relation to the clubhead and depending on whether the face is square or to what degree it’s open.”

seems like some technology packed in to this club. Still not a fan of the looks ATM though

a little late pal.

the looks arent bad, they are just plain to me. which I like

I liked this part. To me, most amateur golfers dont need to worry about bounce. Having played the SCORs, these do intrigue me

I agree with you completely and am eager to try these out. This does two things.

1. It takes amateur golfers out of the bounce mindset, which I think is a good thing.
2. Helps the company in not having to make wedges in tons of different bounces.

I agree with you completely and am eager to try these out. This does two things.

1. It takes amateur golfers out of the bounce mindset, which I think is a good thing.

true on both accounts. Although I wonder how people will receive it. Will they accept that the way it is will work just as good or better for them, or will they look to another wedge that has the same bounce option that they currently have?

yep, I think TM hit the nail on the head here. When I first saw them I just though, ok...another wedge. But, knowing the design now. I would buy these tomorrow if I needed wedges.

I like the looks of this wedge. It would fit in the back right next to my R11s. Do you have any pictures of the new groove pattern?

true on both accounts. Although I wonder how people will receive it. Will they accept that the way it is will work just as good or better for them, or will they look to another wedge that has the same bounce option that they currently have?

I think yes and no. There are prob people who MUST have certain bounce. but, I think for the most part amateurs as a whole have NO CLUE about bounce. Hell, I still dont know how to explain bounce properly. haha

I think yes and no. There are prob people who MUST have certain bounce. but, I think for the most part amateurs as a whole have NO CLUE about bounce. Hell, I still dont know how to explain bounce properly. haha

I'm with you. Bounce confuses the heck out of me sometimes.

I like the looks of the xFTs better, but since that model has treated me so well I would certainly try these out.

Kevin

As far as looks, I like everything except the sole. In the end it will be performance that matters, I can't wait to hear more.

I love the simplifying of the bounce. I always got standard and not low or high because I figured that I don't really know what I am doing with the bounce and I don't want to pay someone to analyze my wedge game and then custom grind wedges. I like what Eidolon/SCOR have done about the bounce and I think that the ATV can be a great wedge for us amateurs who don't really know what we really should be playing.

I love the simplifying of the bounce. I always got standard and not low or high because I figured that I don't really know what I am doing with the bounce and I don't want to pay someone to analyze my wedge game and then custom grind wedges. I like what Eidolon/SCOR have done about the bounce and I think that the ATV can be a great wedge for us amateurs who don't really know what we really should be playing.

My take perfectly Seth. I know Eidolon/SCOR's V-Sole have changed my game, I will look at these for certain, I love the look of them as I continue to see them.

I agree with the majority of the comments. The looks aren't that bad, but not the best. At the end of the day, I just want something that works well!

Back