TaylorMade ATV Wedges

I heard from one of the pro’s at my local course that they are re-designing the aesthetics of the club due to a lot of people saying they wont play them because they are ugly. That is the reason for the delay.

If TM was worried about ugly, they would've held onto the RBZ irons. (IMO)

I heard from one of the pro’s at my local course that they are re-designing the aesthetics of the club due to a lot of people saying they wont play them because they are ugly. That is the reason for the delay.

The one that I have seen, looked awesome at address, which, is the only look you should worry about… not how it looks in the bag.

Talked to my buddy yesterday about these. He is a Taylormade fitter at his course and he didn't say anything about them. His are coming in next week or so. He was able to demo one the other day when the rep was there getting his specs. He was bragging them up about how easy they are to hit and a surprising amount of versatility.

Wound up going with the Mizuno JPX instead of the ATV. After sitting the two side by side I like the JPX better.

Just a quick update that these are available now in stores I am being told.

Good. I went to Golfsmith and Dicks looking for them today and my stores must be getting them any day now. I am intrigued by a TM wedge for the first time. Still rocking my 8620 Scratch wedges and love them. I really want the MPR 12s from Mizuno, but this sole thing on the ATVs have me interested.

I wont be gaming these next week, but my Buddy should be. Hopefully playing a round next week if the rain stays away so I'll have to get his thoughts on them.

I'm going this weekend to look for a 54 and a 58. Im liking the looks of these quite a bit.

Tried the NEW Wedges today from Taylormade

Tried the NEW Wedges today from Taylormade

Just tried the ATV 56 degree wedge today one word SWEET

details..

the new face and groove design looks different but really checks the ball up better than my Vokey. The new grind sole glides through the rough and the tight lies around the fringe. I really like the feel and two dot alignment grip.

to be honest, i am kind of buying into the hype , think i'll test them out first...a buddy of mine always has to buy the new stuff....

Anyone else tried these/or and compare them to other wedges?

I think they look kinda cool..

Hit these at my local Roger Dunn today. The TaylorMade ATV's look much better in person than in any pictures I have seen online. I initially thought the flange on the backend of the sole would bother me but it actually looks pretty slick in hand. I was also worried about the chrome finish on the retail (non-tour) version but you don't see any of it at address.

I hit the 52, 58, and 64. Great shapes across the range that look fantastic at address. The finish on the face reminds me of the Vokey satin chrome finish. There should be no issues at all with glare.

I was hitting off mats but the ATV's were really stable on full shots and the leading edge stays really low when you open it up. Great feel that compares favorably with my Scratch 8620's.

I like the longer grip but the grip itself is pretty terrible. Thinner and slicker than a standard Tour Velvet. They remind me of the terrible stock grips on Nike clubs.

Anyway, the ATV is a surprisingly great wedge offering from TaylorMade given their less than stellar offerings in the past. I like these wedges so much I'll probably be replacing my beloved Scratch 8620's with a set of ATV's this season.

Hit these at my local Roger Dunn today. The TaylorMade ATV's look much better in person than in any pictures I have seen online. I initially thought the flange on the backend of the sole would bother me but it actually looks pretty slick in hand. I was also worried about the chrome finish on the retail (non-tour) version but you don't see any of it at address.

I hit the 52, 58, and 64. Great shapes across the range that look fantastic at address. The finish on the face reminds me of the Vokey satin chrome finish. There should be no issues at all with glare.

I was hitting off mats but the ATV's were really stable on full shots and the leading edge stays really low when you open it up. Great feel that compares favorably with my Scratch 8620's.

I like the longer grip but the grip itself is pretty terrible. Thinner and slicker than a standard Tour Velvet. They remind me of the terrible stock grips on Nike clubs.

Anyway, the ATV is a surprisingly great wedge offering from TaylorMade given their less than stellar offerings in the past. I like these wedges so much I'll probably be replacing my beloved Scratch 8620's with a set of ATV's this season.

I would echo that the wedges look at lot better in person than in pictures. Additionally, the grind kept the leading edge low to the ground when the face is opened up, which was surprising given how chunky the sole looks. I am going to try and hit these soon and give more feedback...

Saw these for the first time today as my Buddy's arrived. Problem is he is left handed and it was raining, so not sure how they are on the course as he was unable to get out to play them.

Obviously looks are subjective, so doubt everyone will agree. From address though, they look really good. I was surprised when he handed it to me, I sat it down and like the shape. You can't see the sole or anything like that, even in the 50*. The problem comes for me in the overall look of the iron. When it's sitting in the bag, it looks terrible. Not even just the sole that's on it, which is not as large as it looks in pictures I find, but just the overall graphic design was too much in my opinion.

Going to try and get out Sunday at the course he works at if it's not too busy and will try and pick his brain if possible.

Picked up a 56* today as a birthday gift for my brother. Very nice looking club, can't wit to se how he like it!

Liked the looks of these wedges. Really gonna give them a good workout at some point.

Are these shank proof?

The RBZ wedges with the ATV sole seem to be getting a lot of love from the testers. Anybody compared the RBZ's to the regular ATV wedges yet to see what the similarities and differences are?

This may be a skim, but does anyone else think these are basically a Niblick? I know they aren't exactly the same, and I haven't seen the ATV in person, but they sure remind me of the Niblicks based on the pics/soles.

This may be a skim, but does anyone else think these are basically a Niblick? I know they aren't exactly the same, and I haven't seen the ATV in person, but they sure remind me of the Niblicks based on the pics/soles.

Sole is not even close in design so the Niblick. These are a traditional shaped wedge with just a little thicker sole. It's not as wide in person as it looks in pictures.

Back