TaylorMade ATV Wedges

Thanks Golf Ghost. I need to see these in person!

It's different than I expected. Think the bounce design in the wedge does not photograph well and makes it look more like part of the sole wedge, rather than angling like a normal bounce does. If that makes sense.

If these wedges are as versatile as people are saying they are, does anyone think they would allow you to carry fewer wedges?

For example, instead of carrying a 54*, 56*, and 60*, you could carry a 54* and 58* and still pull off most of the same shots. It would be nice to free up a spot in my bag for either a 2-hyrbid or 5 wood without losing the shots around the green.

Wonder if you could call these a SGI wedge?

The RBZ wedges with the ATV sole seem to be getting a lot of love from the testers. Anybody compared the RBZ's to the regular ATV wedges yet to see what the similarities and differences are?

i have rbz aw,sw & lw with the atv sole and they perform ok, i find them difficult for me to control and have now switched to vokey wedges and they feel so much better. i think it has alot to do with the fact that the rocketballz wedge are quite chunky compaired to the vokeys. I thing
the proper atv wedges should be ok as they are more blade like.

I was stoked to try these and couldn't hit them for some reason yesterday at demo day. For starters, didn't like the chrome compared to the originals. I love their idea, but hit fat shots with them for some reason. I chalk it up to bad swings. At address they looked good with a satin face.

Picked up the Taylor Made ATV Wedge today!

Picked up the Taylor Made ATV Wedge today!

So I picked up my TM ATV 56 deg wedge today..... YES I am a lefty.

I was really second guessing just ordering a wedge, as I have been comfortable with my Cleveland 588 Gunmetal already. But the grooves on my old wedge were VERY worn after 10+ years of use.

So I ordered the ATV wedge.

First thing is the club looks awesome! I still am not a fan of chrome or satin clubs as I hate the glare. But the satin finish on the hosel and face is alot better than chrome for sure. The back is chrome as you can see in the pics so it looks good from the back.

Another thing I am a fan of is the stock grip. Normally a stock grip is taken off as soon as I get the club home in favor of my white golf pride VDR grips. They Lamkin grip IMO is PERFECT! I am leaving the grip on and if I like it like I think I will, the VDR's might have to go.

Nice to see a KBH shaft as well, this is a huge plus to have a good shaft on a wedge.

I also like the added ingraved micro grooves on the face. I have never played a wedge with this so I am curious to see how they effect the spin.

Anyone else gotten theres yet?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

I'm really intrigued by these wedges. I remember reading somewhere that they were created by a putter designer. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Really nice pictures man! I haven't even seen these in person yet.

I'm interested in seeing how these work out.

WOW, those were the best pics of those wedges I've seen, and I have to admit these wedges have me intrigued to say the least.

Wow, those pics make those wedges look good. I didn't like them at first, but now I'm rethinking that.

OK,

So I have been outside until the rain came chipping around and testing this thing out. All I can say is the Cleveland is now out of the bag. This wedge is sick!

Seems really soft and the head itself is a bit bigger than the Cleveland 588. I will see more about the spin once I get it on course, but so far I am in love.

The one thing I just noticed is the difference in the black section on the pics when I first saw this wedge online. The retail version doesn't have this as you can see in my pictures. Also the back section is chrome as the original pics show what look to be satin.

I hit these today. I thought they were ok. A larger face and pretty straight leading edge. Didn't really wow me at all. I didn't care for the look much. There is a weird notch on the back that I hadn't noticed before. I was able to open/close the face pretty easily, but I can do that with most wedges pretty easily. The KBS shaft felt nice.

The rep said they were the second most played wedge on Tour right now. I found that interesting, but not so sure I believe it.

I hit these today. I thought they were ok. A larger face and pretty straight leading edge. Didn't really wow me at all. I didn't care for the look much. There is a weird notch on the back that I hadn't noticed before. I was able to open/close the face pretty easily, but I can do that with most wedges pretty easily. The KBS shaft felt nice.

The rep said they were the second most played wedge on Tour right now. I found that interesting, but not so sure I believe it.

Not sure I fully believe that either. Seems to be a lot of guys using the 50*-52* though.

I hope these will be at demo day at Grand Cypress in a couple of weeks. I have a strong desire to test these puppies out!

I hope these will be at demo day at Grand Cypress in a couple of weeks. I have a strong desire to test these puppies out!

My thoughts exactly OG. Saw one of these in the store for the first time yesterday, and while not blown away, would like to hit some shots with one and check it out.

nice pics 1 question is the face of the wedge milled ? like the old vokeys ?

My thoughts exactly OG. Saw one of these in the store for the first time yesterday, and while not blown away, would like to hit some shots with one and check it out.

I'm looking forward to trying a wide variety of shots with these around some practice greens.

These things are top on my list of items to focus on, next week at the outing/demo day.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on these after demo day. Reaaalllly wish lefties could go 54*/58* in these but according TM's website, that ain't gonna happen.

Tried them in the sim at the store yesterday. Feel about like my xFT's - maybe a little duller. Hit some shots off the harder mat with the face open and it seemed to pick the ball up ok. Did well for flop shots of the harder mat as well. No sand to try it out of though...

Tried them in the sim at the store yesterday. Feel about like my xFT's - maybe a little duller. Hit some shots off the harder mat with the face open and it seemed to pick the ball up ok. Did well for flop shots of the harder mat as well. No sand to try it out of though...

Off a mat into a screen is not at all going to give you a true idea of how they play.

Anybody that wants to learn EVERYTHING about this wedge, there will be a new THP Radio up on Friday that has all the details straight from the source. Maybe the best radio show we have ever done.

Oh, and by the way, there are some details at the end that I think everybody will enjoy hearing.

Anybody that wants to learn EVERYTHING about this wedge, there will be a new THP Radio up on Friday that has all the details straight from the source. Maybe the best radio show we have ever done.

Oh, and by the way, there are some details at the end that I think everybody will enjoy hearing.

Looking forward to this!

Back