TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Forum Testing - Take 2 Signup

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The TaylorMade Burner 2.0 irons have been so successful and the company believes so strongly in how much golfers will like them if they try them out, that they want to have 5 more golfers from THP test them out and tell everybody what their thoughts are.

At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

If you missed our last Burner 2.0 iron testing, here it is.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ns-amp-THP-Testing&highlight=burner+2.0+irons

Criteria
You must be able to play golf (either on course or driving range).
5 forum members will be chosen to be part of this testing.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the irons out frequently and update a new official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You will also be asked to update Facebook and Twitter with your findings as well (minimum of 1 of the two). This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. At the end of the testing, the irons will be yours to keep.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Registration is always fast, free, and easy.
The Hackers Paradise - Register

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions rather than things like "any".

1. What irons do you currently play?
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons?
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons?
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron?
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you might find out is being tested next and more information before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

TESTERS PICKED

It is always a great day when THP gets to announce testers for a new forum testing. Last week it was irons and this week it starts off with another set of irons. You never know what next week will hold.

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

We promise more and more THP Forum Testing coming up very soon. Here are the list of 5 testers for a set of TaylorMade Burner 2.0 irons fit to their specs.

jefrazie
dubbledxu
Yorkem
tomahawk18
Josh_Ross

Quite a few 1st time testers in this list. Thank you all for your contributions to THP. Now the hard work begins.

Last edited:
WOW - what an amazing opportunity for 5 lucky THP'ers! My step dad just got these last night and they look/feel awesome. If I was not already slated to test the Nike VR Pro Combo's my name would be submitted for consideration already. Best of luck to everyone - again what an awesome opportunity being presented by TaylorMade!!

Wowww. What an endorsement of THP by Taylormade. I was just selected for the VR Pro Combo irons testing or I would be all over this. I'm sure there will be another 5 great testers to share their thoughts and answer questions on these clubs.

Well this is getting really ridiculously cool!

1. What irons do you currently play? Cobra SZ 4-GW
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? I have not
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Absolutely, as long as I don't have to yell POW after each hit!
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 155 yards on the terrible driving range, 170 yards on the course... so let's call it 163!
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Hit the course a minimum of once a week (my schedule is a bit tight), and the range twice a week.
I'm available to answer questions every day, along with post updates based on my testing as things go. I have friends who take out a wide swath of the handicap spectrum, so I can also provide them the chance to compare these irons to their own and get even more feedback.

1.) Wilson Deep Red
2.)No
3.)Yes
4.)110 yds
5.) It would involve a lot of of testing at the range and on the course, I would compare with my current set, on distance, looks, forgiveness etc, also including pictures. I would try to get on here everynight to report my findings and inform other forum members about the irons.

Wow, thats simply awesome JB! Thank you Taylormade for believeing in THP and it's members! This is an awesome opportunity for five lucky people. I'll sit this one out as you can see I already have them in my bag. They are some of the longest, most forgiving, and best looking irons I have ever owned. I'm a big fan of Taylormade and really appreciate all that they do for us hackers!

I'm with you guys - what a great opportunity - I have hit the 2.0's but never played with them. Incredibly good feeling for a cast set...and LONG !

Crazy! I can't believe the opportunities we are seeing these days. This is one I'm definitely interested in as I've tried all the competitors quite a bit, but I've never had the chance to really spend quality time with these irons.

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams Redline
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Yes, a few times. I have the sample 6 iron and I've hit some of the other irons.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? I like distance very much.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 145-155
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP As I always say, I am here all the time it seems. I post quite often and feel like I can add substantive feedback. As for testing, I play 1-2 times a week and often visit the range once as well. I always provide my honest thoughts on equipment and frequently update THP and Twitter. I have quite a bit of experience with other irons in this class.

Available in LH?

Another outstanding testing opportunity for the forum members. A big thanks to TaylorMade and THP for the opportunity this presents for ongoing real-user testing.

I fell in love with these irons at the 2010 THP Outing and bought them soon afterwards. They are easily the best set I've ever played with and I can't wait for others to get the experience.

Another awesome chance for some folks. Would love to be a part of it.

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently play Ping I3 irons.
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Ive never tried the Burner 2.0 irons. Kinda skeptical that they could be better than others but more than willing to give them a go.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Love it! Id rather blast the irons and have forgiveness as opposed to feel and workability.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? About 170
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am able to play 3-4 rounds a week as well as go t to the range often. My practice plan would involve using the irons during casual rounds, simulating situations where I need to work the ball left or right as well as just beating balls with them finding out what they are made of.

1. Adams GT Tight Lies
2. No
3. Absolutely
4. 150
5. Would take them to the course hopefully 4 times per week

THP keeps bringing the heat. Wow, this has been a heck of a month.

1. Callaway X-22

2. No, though I have tried the Burner 1.0.

3. Haha, of course! I like smacking an iron, watching the ball soar, and, hopefully, landing on the green. Who doesn't?

4. I average around 165 on a solidly struck shot.

5. I will be testing these on course a minimum of twice per week, and will be allowing other golfers to try them out also. I will ask for comments from said golfers on things such as distance and feel. In addition to on course testing, I will be testing off course at least 2 times a week.
I am an active member of THP, with a post count that is close to 10 per day on average. I am an experienced tester of things such as golf balls and other miscellaneous items, and feel ready to make the leap to larger, more demanding items, such as clubs.

Another great opportunity, Thanks :thp: and :taylormade:

1. What irons do you currently play?
Titleist 735cm 4-PW
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons?
No, although I have swung one in a shop
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons?
Yes, to be honest who doesn't
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron?
On average 150 - 160 yards
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
My testing for these irons would first be to take them to my local range where I try to go at least 2-3 times a week. This way I could get used to the feel of the clubs and the distance that I hit each iron. I could also compare them to my current irons to see how a cavity iron performs compared against my MB's. Once I am used to them they would then be taken to the local courses where they would be used in normal rounds and in various different situations. Honest feedback would be provided throughout the testing process
I have a facebook account so can provide feedback on there.
I would class my activity level on THP as very active, I am on most of the day (UK Time) and contribute to threads and discussions frequently. I only plan on being more active irrespective of the outcome of this testing selection

Again thanks to :thp: and :taylormade: for the wonderful opportunity

Burner 2.0 Test

Burner 2.0 Test

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently play Burner 1.0 irons
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? I have not tried the Burner 2.0's(hopefully i will be chosen to in this contest!!)
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? I love it
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 155
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I hit the course 4-5 times a week, and hit the driving range everytime i play. I am able to give feedback daily on the irons and would have no problem doing this. Unfortunately, this is my first post to THP, hopefully that does not hurt my chances of getting this opportunity!

What an opportunity. THP and Taylormade bringing the pain!

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway Diablo Edge
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? I have hit the 6I in Golfsmith. When picking my irons, I had wished these were available. I think I would have actually chosen them over my Edge's.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? I LOVE it. That was the main reason I went with the Edge's. They seemed to just rocket off the face.
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? My 7I is my 175 yard club.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing would be simple. Pit them against another powerful iron that I currently own. I could guarantee that the 2.0's would become my gamer iron for at least 4-5 months. I would plan on comparing the distances, ball flight, forgiveness, workability, and accuracy. I have also joined the golf league at work so I would game these 4 times a week.

My activity level on THP is pretty consistent (much more than my golf game :D). I always chime in where I think I have valuable insight or could learn something from another member. I usually spend a few hours on this site every day, reading all the testing threads and commenting.

You guys always amaze me at what you are able to bring to your members THP!!! Thank you very much THP and Taylormade!!!

If it does not say RH only our testings is.

I missed it the last few times, so I was just double checking.

1. What irons do you currently play? 2009 Taylormade Tour Preferred TP
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? no I have not
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Who doesn't? I'd very much like to hit my irons further
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 160
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'd hit the range at least once maybe twice a week and play a round usually once a week. I am usually on THP once or more a day and would be able to give extensive reviews for everyone.

Another great testing opportunity!

1. What irons do you currently play? 2010 TM R9

2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Yes, hit them on the range and liked them alot!

3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? I do. I am already fairly long, but the strong lofts and more distance sure couldn't hurt.

4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? 165-170 yards

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am a frequent poster on THP. I would take and post videos and pictures of the unboxing. Then would do an extensive testing on the range and launch monitor against the R9. From there I would take them to the course and play. Chart shots and yardages and post multiple times a week on my progress as well as try to answer any questions other forum members may have. I would also post links on Facebook about my testing and progress.

Thanks to Taylor Made and THP for this opportunity!

WOHOO! I would love to tries these out!

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping G15
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? Nope! Would love to hit these!
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? OF COURSE! Who doesn't!
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? Around 140. I need all the distance I can get!
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP: I play at least 3 times a week, so these will get plenty of on course testing. I think that I am the perfect tester, as I want to make the transition from a SGI Iron in the Ping G15, to the GI range of the B2.0s! I would post on Twitter, Facebook, and of course THP about my testing!

Oh my goodness seriously?!?!?! Thanks to Taylormade (Truly superior in customer satisfaction) and THP for the incredible connection forged with TMG. Unreal!

1. What irons do you currently play? I am currently waiting for my Mizuno JPX-800s to arrive, before that was Nike Slingshot High Launch.
2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? I have tried the 2.0s. If I had not won the JPXs I was in serious debate between the 2.0s and the G15s.
3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? I don't mind explosive distance. I'm not afraid of 150 yd Pitching Wedes!
4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? With the Nike SlingShot 7 iron I was averaging 195+
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Having recently sold my Slingshots and winning the JPXs in a contest I would love to compare the consistency of the 3 products. I have only hit the JPXs on a monitor and am anxiously awaiting their arrival for real time course and range time. I would directly compare the 2.0s in distance/feel/control/consistency and can easily reference experience from the High Launch SS's. I am a member of 2 leagues and thus play minimum on the course once a week if not twice PLUS various range sessions. I am an avid contributor and ambassador of THP as well as a contributor to other testing threads even if I was not a tester. I can speak to the voice of the mid/high handicapper and at minimum contribute to THP on a daily basis with extremely rare exception. I also consistently tweet/retweet both TMAG and THP as well as sharing facebook links for both organizations.

Back