TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Forum Testing - Take 2 Signup

I just stuck with the stock shaft. It is most comparable to what I play currently. Plus I figure this would give me a good head-head competition against my diablos.

TC loves the stock 2.0 shaft, which speaks volumes to me. If I get the 86 gram stock shaft, it will be vary similar to the 90 gram KBS in my R9's. It will be cool to side by side compare the two. If I get the KBS Tour 120 gram, it will also be great to compare and contrast the heavier shaft in the 2.0 head against the guys with the stock shaft. Either way, its going to be great.

They were about the same as i thought, but I feel good about getting confirmation. These were fit to me using the TM 'SelectFit' system, Vector Launch, and the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer at Golf Headquarters in Louisville, KY.

- Royal Precision Project X 5.5 Steel Shafts (non flighted)
- 1* upright
- 0.25" shorter than burner 2.0 standard
- Golf Pride VDR White +1 extra tape wrap

Fitting was only $30 too, I figured I'd pay $50 like I've seen most others discuss after their fittings.

Almost the exact specs I was going to go with if I had been picked. Really looking forward to hearing about your experience.

1. What irons do you currently play? Nike Victory Red Full Cavity

2. Have you tried the Burner 2.0 irons? No

3. Do you like explosive distance in your irons? Yes, a lot

4. How far do you hit your current 7 iron? About 140

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to play at least 27 holes per week, and 1-2 range sessions. At each range session, I spend about 45 min. with the short irons (8-PW)and 40 min. on the long game (4-7). If possible, I plan to compare the results of these irons with my current irons. As for my activity level, I have been browsing the forum and THP site for over a year (A THP review is the reason I bought my current irons). Since becoming a member, my browsing activity has increased. Though I don't have many posts, I am hoping to change that in the near future.

Last edited:

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to play at least 27 holes per week, and 1-2 range sessions. At each range session, I spend about 45 min. with the short irons (8-PW)and 40 min. on the long game (4-7). As for my activity level, I have been actively browsing the forum and THP site for over a year (A THP review is the reason I bought my current irons). Since becoming a member, my browsing activity has increased. Though I don't have many posts, I am hoping to change that in the near future.

Look up

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to play at least 27 holes per week, and 1-2 range sessions. At each range session, I spend about 45 min. with the short irons (8-PW)and 40 min. on the long game (4-7). As for my activity level, I have been actively browsing the forum and THP site for over a year (A THP review is the reason I bought my current irons). Since becoming a member, my browsing activity has increased. Though I don't have many posts, I am hoping to change that in the near future.

someone's late to the party. :D

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to play at least 27 holes per week, and 1-2 range sessions. At each range session, I spend about 45 min. with the short irons (8-PW)and 40 min. on the long game (4-7). If possible, I plan to compare the results of these irons with my current irons. As for my activity level, I have been browsing the forum and THP site for over a year (A THP review is the reason I bought my current irons). Since becoming a member, my browsing activity has increased. Though I don't have many posts, I am hoping to change that in the near future.

You are a little late for this one. The testers have already been selected.

Sorry if anyone's asked or stated this before but have any of the testers not hit these irons and/or have not read the original thread for this test? I was just wondering how fresh a review we'd be getting from our testers.

Thanks all! Hit 'em well!

Sorry if anyone's asked or stated this before but have any of the testers not hit these irons and/or have not read the original thread for this test? I was just wondering how fresh a review we'd be getting from our testers.

I followed along with the original testers thread pretty well, but I have not ever hit these. Normally that would not be surprising, but I believe TC had these in his bag at the outing, and I just never stole them from him like I did his driver, and putter.

I followed along with the original testers thread pretty well, but I have not ever hit these. Normally that would not be surprising, but I believe TC had these in his bag at the outing, and I just never stole them from him like I did his driver, and putter.

Thanks yorkem! I mean Splash Down King!

Thanks yorkem! I mean Splash Down King!

I read a bit of the original thread a few months ago, but I refuse to look at it now. I plan on keeping my preconceived notions out of this as much as possible.

I have read some of the original testing thread, and have hit the 2.0's, although sparingly. I basically had about 20 minutes at the range with the 6 iron demo club a few months back. I really liked it. Haven't hit the 2.0 since. That said, hitting a 6 iron on the range one time pales in comparison to hitting a full set, or gaming them. I don't have enough time with them to even begin to have an opinion, and I promise you I will be 100% honest, good or bad.

I read a bit of the original thread a few months ago, but I refuse to look at it now. I plan on keeping my preconceived notions out of this as much as possible.

That's the stuff I was looking for! Thanks for the info!

I have read some of the original testing thread, and have hit the 2.0's, although sparingly. I basically had about 20 minutes at the range with the 6 iron demo club a few months back. I really liked it. Haven't hit the 2.0 since. That said, hitting a 6 iron on the range one time pales in comparison to hitting a full set, or gaming them. I don't have enough time with them to even begin to have an opinion, and I promise you I will be 100% honest, good or bad.

'Nuff said! Thanks to you both and the rest of the testers! Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

I have to say that I don't think I've seen anyone as excited as our boy Yorkem. Like a kid in a candy store. Buying new video camera's and everything. The dude is ready to test him some irons!

I have to say that I don't think I've seen anyone as excited as our boy Yorkem. Like a kid in a candy store. Buying new video camera's and everything. The dude is ready to test him some irons!

Haha, I have an image of him jumping up and down and screaming in your office when he was picked.

Awesome!

Irons will be shipping today from TaylorMade Golf.
Testers will have them in hands this week.

WOOHOO!!! WOW, that is incredible!!! Thanks again to THP and TaylorMade! (I get the funny feeling I will be saying that a lot in the near future)

I too have hit the demo 6 iron for a small range session & followed along with the original testing thread. Since these will be built to our specs, it would be unfair for me to compare my experience to the stock demo I hit. And while I followed along with the first string, its been some time and I havent read that thread in some time. I am the most interested to see how well they backup the claims about being so much longer than other sets; especially when comparing against matching lofts.

Example: My current CG Gold 5 iron has the same listed loft of the Burner 2.0 6 iron (27*)

SWEEEEET! Thanks again to THP and Taylor Made for this opportunity. You guys rock!

Wonderful news! Thanks again THP and Taylormade. Its going to be a looooooooong week looking forward to these!

YES! Man I'm so excited to get these babies out on the course. I've got my camera ready, and extra money saved up to play more golf than usual. I had them shipped to my real home, and I will be there Thursday for the next 2 months. Hopefully they don't get there much sooner than that so I won't be late to the posting!

WOOHOO!!! WOW, that is incredible!!! Thanks again to THP and TaylorMade! (I get the funny feeling I will be saying that a lot in the near future)

I completely agree, haha.

YES! Man I'm so excited to get these babies out on the course. I've got my camera ready, and extra money saved up to play more golf than usual. I had them shipped to my real home, and I will be there Thursday for the next 2 months. Hopefully they don't get there much sooner than that so I won't be late to the posting!

I completely agree, haha.

I had mine shipped to my office so that I will not have to wait to get home...hehehe. I also went and bought a flip for unboxing and testing videos.

That's incredible. JB just confirmed he had my specs yesterday morning when we were exchanging PMs at 8am. What great service by THP and @taylormadegc. I bought a tripod for my flip to record some of my testing.

Coincidentally, Yorkem might have bought one of the last outstanding flip cams out there, Cisco discontinued production on them back in April. Nice work Yorkem, i love mine.

I had mine shipped to my office so that I will not have to wait to get home...hehehe. I also went and bought a flip for unboxing and testing videos.

Man, I should have had mine shipped to my office!!

Back