TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 Driver

WeekendWarrior

Reaction score
Handicap
Well there goes the embargo date we have from them that does not come up for a while.

I will have to wait and see on the white. I am still not sure about it. I think Taylormade may be putting too many eggs in that basket.

The new driver/fwy line looks good. I guess it's almost time to switch the R9 fwy's out for some superfast tp's in white. I wish they would update the site with the new ghost tour putter line.

Any idea why they would change their mind on the date? I know dates are subject to change but seems like TM usually sticks to the dates. Is someone else jumping on the white bandwagon soon as well?

Well there goes the embargo date we have from them that does not come up for a while.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

That irritates me, why bother having an embargo date if the company themselves are going to break it? Of course maybe they knew that various other (NOT THP) sites and magazines would likely violate this anyway so why not beat them to the punch? It looks like a cool looking stick.

I'm a little surprised they went with a white version of the superfast 2.0. It's hard for me to tell by the images, but I actually think the shape looks better than the superfast. I wasn't a fan of the shaved down fin area on the side of the superfast, or the last few editions of the burner. I can't tell if it's there or not on this driver. Performance wise I liked the superfast, so I wonder how this will stack up against it.

That irritates me, why bother having an embargo date if the company themselves are going to break it? Of course maybe they knew that various other (NOT THP) sites and magazines would likely violate this anyway so why not beat them to the punch? It looks like a cool looking stick.

There is already one listed on ebay actually. Pretty crazy that those who get the privilege of getting the products in advance would leak them so readily.

There is already one listed on ebay actually. Pretty crazy that those who get the privilege of getting the products in advance would leak them so readily.

I see 2 on there. 1 ships from Hong Kong. Tough to tell if it's legit or not. However the seller does have lots of good pics of it.

Ok, so I'm pretty much one of the biggest ghost fanboys here, but I do not like the ghost effects on this at all. They should have gone black like the original in my opinion.

It's a great looking head and something I will have to try, but so has everything they brought out in the last two years. It's time something beat out my R9.

I actually really like the looks of the head! The contrasting colours definitely makes it pleasing to my eye.

I know TM claims that the white has a glare reduction coating on it, but to me, staring at a big white head in the sun will always be brighter and harder on my eyes than staring at a black head. And yes that would be enough to make me not buy a club. I find it a bit strange when irons/wedges/putters are going towards the trend of low-glare finishes and here you have the biggest reflective surface in your bag going to the opposite finish. Just some thoughts...

I actually really like the looks of the head! The contrasting colours definitely makes it pleasing to my eye.

I know TM claims that the white has a glare reduction coating on it, but to me, staring at a big white head in the sun will always be brighter and harder on my eyes than staring at a black head. And yes that would be enough to make me not buy a club. I find it a bit strange when irons/wedges/putters are going towards the trend of low-glare finishes and here you have the biggest reflective surface in your bag going to the opposite finish. Just some thoughts...

I can say that glare has never been an issue to me with the ghost putter. I'm interested to see how it works with a driver.

I prolly will jump on the bandwagon and buy one when someone wins a tourney with it. That's just how ol' clam rolls.

Fairways and Rescues look better than the driver IMO. I like when the "burner" on the toe is all visible. That looks better.

Fairways and Rescues look better than the driver IMO. I like when the "burner" on the toe is all visible. That looks better.

I like the look of the fairways too. I noticed they are going to offer a 4 wood 17 degree model too. Now they have my interest!

Well I know Callaway released their new driver just a few days back so i can't help but wonder if they released this one early to counter Callaway?

I can say that glare has never been an issue to me with the ghost putter. I'm interested to see how it works with a driver.

Did you guys see the pics of the topline in the sun & shade on the site (It's under the performance tab)? Pretty neat.

Also saw the video and it looks like Camilo is rocking the Adidas kicks nicely.

Did you guys see the pics of the topline in the sun & shade on the site (It's under the performance tab)? Pretty neat.

I did not until you mentioned it. Based off of the side by side, I like the 2.0 better

Sun
Sun.jpg

Shade
Shade.jpg

I did see those! They're pretty impressive. The glint off of my black driver does not bother me though since I wear polarized sunglasses, and they cancel most of it out. Just in general though, I think staring at a big white object is harder than staring at a big black object (Think looking at a car on a bright day).

I did not until you mentioned it. Based off of the side by side, I like the 2.0 better

Sun
Sun.jpg

Shade
Shade.jpg

I have to say I'm starting to warm up to the driver now too. Especially on those side-by-side pics. The white looks awesome. And from that angle, you can't even see the "Burner" on the toe.

Looks like I'll be ordering a TP 9.5. I'm going to give this one more time to play with than I did the regular SF TP I had.

I am just not in love with them. I do not like the white. say what you will.

279 grams is pretty light. I look forward to giving it a whirl.

I like the way the driver looks, will have to check this out when it becomes available

Back