TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 Driver

Sweet. We definitely need some in-hand pics.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Nice JB, looking forward to it! Think the Z-Star will some competition or is it too early to tell?

Way too early to tell. Its long, no question about it.

Sweet. We definitely need some in-hand pics.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Coming up on Wednesday.

Way too early to tell. Its long, no question about it.

Coming up on Wednesday.

Did you get the fairways too or just the driver?

awesome week at THP HQ!

For anyone interested, apparently the Superfast 3 wood will drop to $179.99 while the Superfast 2.0 3 wood looks to be $199.99 on most websites. For a 20 dollar difference, I think I'll wait on the new one.

Looking forward to the review, I am really interested in this one

Anyone notice the Superfast TP is 46" and the Superfast 2.0 TP is 45.5" It got shorter! Something that hasn't happened lately with driver shafts.

Also, The Superfast 2.0 3 wood got a little longer. From 43.5" last year to 43.75" this year. However, the Superfast 2.0 TP 3 wood is still 43.5."

Just observations as I've been looking into shaft length lately.

I got to hit the 2.0!!!!:act-up::alien2:

I was taking a lesson at Proline Golf in Chicago yesterday and the Taylor Made Rep was there holding the SF 2.0. He offered to let me hit some balls with it. I have the ancient 2010 Super Fast. The mat white finish is OK. The rep told me it would help my vision because the leading edge of the club is white . Um, ??? It is supposed to be a little more aero dynamic than last year's, has a 2% larger club face, the shape of the head changed a bit.

So I hit 20 - 30 balls. I like my 2010 model better. The 2.0 shaft is nicer. Felt more balanced and a bit heavier. The white club head was neither a turn on or a turn off. The leading edge thing did not turn me on. I keep my eye on the ball and I realize that I will see the club head at address and at contact, but the white head and the leading edge theory did nothing for me.

Since I was in my training bay with the monitors I ABed the 2.0 with my 2010 SF. Got about the same ball flight and carry. No real distance advantage. Both clubs were stiff shaft 9.5.

So I hit 20 - 30 balls. I like my 2010 model better. The 2.0 shaft is nicer. Felt more balanced and a bit heavier.

Can I ask why you liked the 10 model better if you thought the shaft was nicer in the 2.0? I too hit both side by side today.

Can I ask why you liked the 10 model better if you thought the shaft was nicer in the 2.0? I too hit both side by side today.

I like the look of the 2010 head better. Both the color and the shape. The Rossa white is supposed to cut down on reflecting glare. This interested me, however, I was inside and glare was not an issue. The other thing is the 2010 model is paid for and in the bag:beauty: A club in the bag is worth 2 at the pro shop. Not enough of a difference to get my $300.

JB did you notice a big difference between the 2 clubs?

I like the look of the 2010 head better. Both the color and the shape. The Rossa white is supposed to cut down on reflecting glare. This interested me, however, I was inside and glare was not an issue.

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely like the shaft better myself. The glare side is true, none in the sun today.

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely like the shaft better myself. The glare side is true, none in the sun today.

Are they not the same shaft for both models, Made for xcon 4.8s?

Or do you have a TP version in hand?

If the answer to the first is yes than I am confused and if the answer to the second is yes than I am jealous. Apparently my state of mind is entirely dependant upon your answers :at-wits-end:

Are they not the same shaft for both models, Made for xcon 4.8s?

Or do you have a TP version in hand?

If the answer to the first is yes than I am confused and if the answer to the second is yes than I am jealous. Apparently my state of mind is entirely dependant upon your answers :at-wits-end:

Will have all the answers for you coming up this week. TO answer your question, yes the shaft in the regular is the Xcon 4.8

Will have all the answers for you coming up this week. TO answer your question, yes the shaft in the regular is the Xcon 4.8

Thanks JB I am really looking forward to it!

Are you also secretly wishing they release it in a limited edition pink model!!!!!

What... I mean... Ummm... How about them Bears?

Are you also secretly wishing they release it in a limited edition pink model!!!!!

This made me lol........ that would be sweet though.........

i have to admit, i keep thinking about how sweet it is THP has one of these right now. how do you refrain from wanting to take it to the range all the time, haha. interesting that after a couple of swings you don't notice the white. how do you like the dark finish on the face?

Actually I was thinking a cowboys blue and silver shaft to go with the white head. :)

look i can post like tc from tapatalk

i have to admit, i keep thinking about how sweet it is THP has one of these right now. how do you refrain from wanting to take it to the range all the time, haha. interesting that after a couple of swings you don't notice the white. how do you like the dark finish on the face?

I much prefer the black face for "markings". The white face would just look odd to me.

I think that helps make the club. all white would've been too 'stark' I think

Brand New SF 2.0 and a GREAT deal!!!!

Brand New SF 2.0 and a GREAT deal!!!!

I am FINALLY the proud owner of a TM SF 2.0!! I went to Golfsmith this morning to stare at them for a little bit and think to myself, "when will I ever get one of these?'' This time I brought my old Titleist 909 D Comp to see what the trade in value was. So I walk in and tell an associate that I wanted to check the trade in value on this. He checked the system and told me I could get $78 for it. I was a little discouraged! I went over to the display and saw a sign that said "Ask about a $50 trade in bonus". So i asked and the guy told me that he would add $50.00 to the trade bringing the total to $128.00. I said I'll take it, thinking I had $210.00 in gift cards in my pocket already and would only have to come 1-2 dollars out of pocket for tax. So I was walking around the store and I started talking to another associate who was around my age, 25 or so. We sat there and discussed different drivers and different club companies. After a while I said I was ready to check out. When I walked to the counter the same associate I was just talking to was there waiting with my headcover. When I handed him my old driver he asked if I had been give a quote on the Titleist trade in value. I told him I was and it was $78 dollars. So while I am waiting he tells me he is going to bump the trade in value up to excellent and I will get $101.0 PLUS the $50 dollar upgrade. So all in all I got $151.00 for the 909 and saved myself $50 in gift cards!! So excited!! Can't wait to get this thing on the course next weekend! The deal was incredible!!:rockon:

Back