TaylorMade Ghost S Spider Putter Preview Thread

I'm really liking the new look of the pure roll insert it looks great with that grey white black contrast. I was not too big of a fan of the basketball circle looking aim line on the original spider ghost, but I'm not too big of a fan of the single line either. The red though on the bottom looks amazing and if I can get rid of my spider ghost, I'll probably get it

Oh and Nice Review Jake

All this talk of the Ghost S spider is making me anxious lol I had to pull my spider out yesterday cause to compare it

I almost pulled the Ghost Spider S for the SeeMore m5x for my round yesterday but decided to stick with the putter I had been using since I would be playing on big/fast greens. I'm glad I did, putted outstanding with a stretch of 5 consecutive 1 putt holes. Too bad they weren't all for birdie, but hey I'll take what I can get!

Glad you are rolling this thing well Jake. I am very intrigued by this putter

funny how I found this thread at the top right after the birdie shows a photo of a box of spiders...hehe

funny how I found this thread at the top right after the birdie shows a photo of a box of spiders...hehe

interesting haha, must be those gremlins,

I love how JB is teasing us with new clubs

Who wants my spider ghost lol, I need a Ghost s spider now

I'm loving your thoughts on the new spider Jake. My Ghost Spider keeps finding it way back in my bag, kicking my #9 and 2Ball out.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Nice write up Jason. That MOI number TM provided is pretty incredible. I remember the Original too and it looked like a laptop on the end of a golf shaft. Glad this seems to have helped your putting so far, hopefully you will get those numbers down soon. Hopefully the weights are still interchangeable. I need to give this thing a try and see how it feels.

I want this putter. Ive thought many a time about putting the Spider Ghost back in the bag because it just worked for me. At first I hated it but once I got it down it was really good.

I want this putter. Ive thought many a time about putting the Spider Ghost back in the bag because it just worked for me. At first I hated it but once I got it down it was really good.

OEM it Kev.

Come November I just might. Plus this one is smaller too which I like.

Haha, I have a feeling one will be finding its way to Kmacs bag soon...

Haha, I have a feeling one will be finding its way to Kmacs bag soon...

lol, one way or another.

I wasnt going to be the one to say it, thanks Ryan! It does seem like a big step up, going to try and roll one in the stores this weekend.

I wasnt going to be the one to say it, thanks Ryan! It does seem like a big step up, going to try and roll one in the stores this weekend.
You got a beat on this one I guess? I thought they were in stores in November or is it November already and October got away from me, haha

Is it bad that I have one of these sitting in my shopping cart on the TMag site right now? My GF has a 33" OG Spider that I roll the crap out of on my practice green. To say that this one intrigues me is an understatement. Love the new alignment aid as well.

Im super interested in this one as well Jon. Smaller and what looks like a better alignment aid = winning

Im super interested in this one as well Jon. Smaller and what looks like a better alignment aid = winning

Seriously. I still want to work on the SPi method over the winter, but don't know if I'll be able to resist this one. You can never have too many putters, right? LOL

Seriously. I still want to work on the SPi method over the winter, but don't know if I'll be able to resist this one. You can never have too many putters, right? LOL
Plus the insert is really good too. And Id totally rock the SPi method with it.

I swear this putter looks like what would come out if a Spider Ghost and a Gnome if they had a baby. It's a good looking putter in hand for sure.

Plus the insert is really good too. And Id totally rock the SPi method with it.

That's what I'm thinking. I'll mull it over on my lunch break. Haven't OEM'd a putter since my wife (then GF) bought me the Betti.

I swear this putter looks like what would come out if a Spider Ghost and a Gnome if they had a baby. It's a good looking putter in hand for sure.
That's exactly what it looks like! :D

That's exactly what it looks like! :D

I'm more curious about the balance of the thing. I enjoyed the C/S Spider Ghost but felt like it could get out of balance a little due to the sheer size of the thing.

I'm more curious about the balance of the thing. I enjoyed the C/S Spider Ghost but felt like it could get out of balance a little due to the sheer size of the thing.
I can see where you might wonder about that. I can tell you that I haven't noticed anything in my testing that would indicate it being out of balance at all. That sheer size does help me in one respect, it helps reaffirm that I need a short compact putting stroke, I don't need a big swing at the ball, nice and compact helps me keep the ball on line and hole more putts.

Back