TaylorMade Ghost S Spider Putter Preview Thread

How does the size compare to the original one?

Bigger than the itsy bitsy yet smaller than the original spider and ghost spider.

I bet your 10x more efficient with this than that Betti from 12' and in. The insert's really good. You're lucky this putter even made it to Des Moines :alien:

Looking at the one picture I do like how there is a lot less going on at address. Just some white and some black with an alignment line. Pair that with a sick insert and its probably pretty damn good.

I bet your 10x more efficient with this than that Betti from 12' and in. The insert's really good. You're lucky this putter even made it to Des Moines :alien:
That would be huge, man I couldn't imagine being next to automatic from 12' and in! I'll bet it had plenty of people drooling over it while it was on it's way to Iowa, glad it made it here!

That would be huge, man I couldn't imagine being next to automatic from 12' and in! I'll bet it had plenty of people drooling over it while it was on it's way to Iowa, glad it made it here!

It ended up in the trunk of my car after helping JB load up the tour van. I didn't know it was there until I was leaving for Charlotte. You're lucky I'm a good dude.

Looking at the one picture I do like how there is a lot less going on at address. Just some white and some black with an alignment line. Pair that with a sick insert and its probably pretty damn good.

And we both enjoyed the OG Spider Ghost, didn't we?

I really actually like the look of this one better than the previous. I think its a mallet I could honestly game if it was center shafted.

Looking forward to thoughts Jake.

I completely agree bro. I think I'm going to like this one.

It ended up in the trunk of my car after helping JB load up the tour van. I didn't know it was there until I was leaving for Charlotte. You're lucky I'm a good dude.
Good thing you're honest and don't putt right handed, you might have been forced to just sort of forget about it in there. Ha.

We were fondling it in Grant's living room pre the NC stop. Nah, I'm not a thief dude. Plus you wouldn't get to write an awesome review on it. I can't not keep Jake happy.

We were fondling it in Grant's living room pre the NC stop. Nah, I'm not a thief dude. Plus you wouldn't get to write an awesome review on it. I can't not keep Jake happy.

It was nice. I actually slept with it that night. I just can't handle a putter that big. It is like a space ship on the end of a stick.

And we both enjoyed the OG Spider Ghost, didn't we?

Loved that putter. Starship Enterprise was good to me once I figured it out. I will have to make every attempt to not roll this one because I dont want to switch again.

I really actually like the look of this one better than the previous. I think its a mallet I could honestly game if I wasnt a huge putter snob.

Looking forward to thoughts Jake.

lol completely agree with you Jman. Must be hard for you and Buckjob to even look at these kinds of putters haha

I completely agree bro. I think I'm going to like this one.

Good thing you're honest and don't putt right handed, you might have been forced to just sort of forget about it in there. Ha.

Well you know where to send it if you dont. TC is left handed just sayin... :alien:

It was nice. I actually slept with it that night. I just can't handle a putter that big. It is like a space ship on the end of a stick.

I used to feel exactly the same way Grant, I really did, until I started making those putts inside 10' with one.

Jake, that putter needs a Jumbo Winn grip on it!

Sweet Jake! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this!

lol completely agree with you Jman. Must be hard for you and Buckjob to even look at these kinds of putters haha

I see what you did there....HA!

I'm coming around dude, my problem here is I've never been a big fan of the old pure roll inserts, I'd love to give this version a go though.

You're a good dude, I hope you didn't think I was actually thinking you'd rip it off if you putted right handed. I'm glad you got to check it out before me, you know what I'm talking about then when I say it's a nice putter club!
I always thought the same thing previously about the Spider. I don't know dude....you might change your way of thinking. I think I'm starting to already!

I didn't think that Jake.

Jman, you better be embracing the OEM putter offerings, new tester position and all. I've never focused much on inserts or non to be honest, I've always focused more on something that's easy to align, easy to keep on my line, and whatever gives me good results.

I used to feel exactly the same way Grant, I really did, until I started making those putts inside 10' with one.

Jake, that putter needs a Jumbo Winn grip on it!
Hmmmm. So I'd convert from a blade and a line of thought that these big putters sucked AND a hatred for big grips to loving both at the same time? It could happen dude. Actually I think I'd maybe like an oversized grip on this thing.

I see what you did there....HA!

I'm coming around dude, my problem here is I've never been a big fan of the old pure roll inserts, I'd love to give this version a go though.

LOL.. You didnt like last years? I thought they've gotten better and better with each one. I dont think Ive tried any of the newer ones though just yet.

Good review Jake. I just cant get pass the looks of this. I suppose it isnt for everyone but if it works it works. I appreciate you taking the time to review it.

Jman, you better be embracing the OEM putter offerings, new tester position and all. I've never focused much on inserts or non to be honest, I've always focused more on something that's easy to align, easy to keep on my line, and whatever gives me good results.

I'm all about the sound in putters ("feel" to others) and struggled with that from the Pure Roll in the past, I'll have to give this one a go though because you can't knock it until you've tried it. I've got no quarrels with OEM putters nor have I ever, I just love putters.

Hmmmm. So I'd convert from a blade and a line of thought that these big putters sucked AND a hatred for big grips to loving both at the same time? It could happen dude. Actually I think I'd maybe like an oversized grip on this thing.

I just picked up a Super Stroke for a 2-ball I have. I can't wait to try it out.

Good review Jake. I just cant get pass the looks of this. I suppose it isnt for everyone but if it works it works. I appreciate you taking the time to review it.

Dev, this isn't his review. In fact, he should change the title of the thread from "review" to "preview". It would eliminate that confusion a bit.

LOL.. You didnt like last years? I thought they've gotten better and better with each one. I dont think Ive tried any of the newer ones though just yet.

I do agree it has gotten better, I'm just so dang sound oriented its just not ever been quite right.

I'm all about the sound in putters ("feel" to others) and struggled with that from the Pure Roll in the past, I'll have to give this one a go though because you can't knock it until you've tried it. I've got no quarrels with OEM putters nor have I ever, I just love putters.

Did you like the aggsi? i thought the Pure Roll was a massive improvement. And I hear ya, the sound of the Pure Roll was a bit different.

Back