TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

SeeMore Golf

MACH

Reaction score
Handicap
I am hoping mine comes in this week sometime. I ordered one a couple weeks back.

I am going from my Yonex Super ADX Blade to the Ghost Spider 35". Can't wait to get it as I loved the regular spider I tried from a friend a couple times in the past.

Probably put the white Super Stroke grip on as I love it on my current putter.

10YardDraw

Ex Club Ho
Reaction score
Handicap
Slow Play!
hey guys just got back from the course and played 9 and I played awesome again, finally back to shooting mid/high 30's consistently, shot a 38 today and just hit everything well. I finally had my first 3 putt with the Spider though, first one in 3 rounds

Buckjob

My Friend's Call Me Drew
Reaction score
Handicap
hey guys just got back from the course and played 9 and I played awesome again, finally back to shooting mid/high 30's consistently, shot a 38 today and just hit everything well. I finally had my first 3 putt with the Spider though, first one in 3 rounds
it happens to the best! glad youre playing well. im finally getting more confident with my putts with the spider. took some getting used to coming from a blade

Buckjob

My Friend's Call Me Drew
Reaction score
Handicap
it happens to the best! glad youre playing well. im finally getting more confident with my putts with the spider. took some getting used to coming from a blade

10YardDraw

Ex Club Ho
Reaction score
Handicap
Slow Play!
thanks man, i love this putter, its so stable, it really rolls the ball well, i have had some very long putts that i had to hit hard and i still had no skidding

Buckjob

My Friend's Call Me Drew
Reaction score
Handicap
thanks man, i love this putter, its so stable, it really rolls the ball well, i have had some very long putts that i had to hit hard and i still had no skidding
i completely agree. it almost takes some of the break out of my putts cause it just wants to roll straight sometimes. can't wait till i get some more rounds under my belt with it and i trust it completely

Custom Method

Reaction score
Handicap
i didnt like any of TM putters until i hit this spider, itssss soooo amazing...i used to hate taylor made till i hit this putter, they just earned there respect back, now i needs to save my money cause its soooo expensive...oh yes i prefered the centershaft one too :desire:

Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap
Damn I may have to try this beast out

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Damn I may have to try this beast out
It rolls very very nice. Id be more tempted though by an Itsy Bitsy version as this one is quite the beast.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Still going to be doing something fun with this line, just waiting until after the Open Championship contest is over.

Craig81

Reaction score
Handicap
I got the Ghost Spider today and really love it! I had a Ping Craz-e before, then moved to an Odyssey White Ice 9 very briefly, but the Spider knocks spots off them.

The ball rolls very smoothly and evenly off the face and the weight feels just right for me. I wasn't sure if I liked the slight 'click' sound it makes at impact but after a few putts I quick got used to it.

The white head is also really easy to line up. I must admit that the short time I spent on the putting green tonight has certainly brought some confidence back! Big thumbs up from me!!!

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Still going to be doing something fun with this line, just waiting until after the Open Championship contest is over.
Looking forward to it. It really is a solid putter.

Dr. Teeth

Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.8!
That one almost slipped by unnoticed! I am excited to see what you have planned for this one! If there is any putter on earth that could get me to give up my putter this would be it.

Last edited:

10YardDraw

Ex Club Ho
Reaction score
Handicap
Slow Play!
guys i played 9 after work today and played worse than the last 3 times out but still shot a 42, i made 4 bombs today with the Spider Ghost, over 25+ foot on each one, i had a great putting day but everything else was off.

Custom Method

Reaction score
Handicap
:) :) :)

TexasHacker34

SVP - Jordan Speith Fan Club
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^
This excites me and Im sure a lot of other people

Minarets

Reaction score
Handicap
for you center shafted fans i have finally seen them. i thought they were not out yet, but the Edwin Watts in Memphis has like 4 of them.

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
for you center shafted fans i have finally seen them. i thought they were not out yet, but the Edwin Watts in Memphis has like 4 of them.
I will have to check out my local Edwin Watts today, the CS might be what finally pushes me to pick it up.

Custom Method

Reaction score
Handicap
My local shop has had the centershafted ones for a while...it is buy far my favorite putter...

fishymehta

Ahh... life is good
Reaction score
Handicap
14.0 OOB
What is the advantage of the Pure Roll insert over the ASGI+ insert from the last line of putters? Also, can anyone comment on the overall feel, distance control, weight, etc. of the Pure Roll putters in general, as I am thinking about getting the TM Classics 79 blade putter

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the advantage of the Pure Roll insert over the ASGI+ insert from the last line of putters? Also, can anyone comment on the overall feel, distance control, weight, etc. of the Pure Roll putters in general, as I am thinking about getting the TM Classics 79 blade putter
I much prefer Pure Roll to the previous lines. TM put a lot of R&D into coming up with a face insert that helped with forward roll, had a great feel and was not as penalizing on the mis-hits of off center. In that study, they created Pure Roll as an evolution from AGSI.

10YardDraw

Ex Club Ho
Reaction score
Handicap
Slow Play!
I much prefer Pure Roll to the previous lines. TM put a lot of R&D into coming up with a face insert that helped with forward roll, had a great feel and was not as penalizing on the mis-hits of off center. In that study, they created Pure Roll as an evolution from AGSI.
they nailed it! the pure roll insert is simply amazing, agsi+ was good but not great for me but the pure roll is the best insert i have ever used.

Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19
Rolled this baby at GG today and it is something fierce. If I ever get to roll the center shafted one I may never let it go.

SW

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Rolled this baby at GG today and it is something fierce. If I ever get to roll the center shafted one I may never let it go.
Haha, I messed with it Thursday while waiting for my driver shaft to be ordered. It is an awesome putter in cs, I wasn't a fan of the other model but that one suits my eye so well. The cs seems to quiet down the sight picture for me.

--
tapatalk

Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19
Haha, I messed with it Thursday while waiting for my driver shaft to be ordered. It is an awesome putter in cs, I wasn't a fan of the other model but that one suits my eye so well. The cs seems to quiet down the sight picture for me.
I also thought it would be too busy as well but there's something about it that just feels balanced. If there was one thing I didn't like was the weighting (felt a bit light) but nothing that a heavier weight kit can cure.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in