TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

There's a center shafted version?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Looks like a sick putter, but I don't think I'l ever leave my Redwood unless somebody gives me something for free. Especially after putting the Superstroke grip on it, I've been lights out from inside 6-7 feet.

White Spider putter TM

White Spider putter TM

Has any got to play with it yet?
Feedback?

:welcome: akpar23, you've been a busy newbie...11 posts and about 6 new threads:D

Merged with a big thread on the subject.

After seeing day run with it, I rolled one at the golfsmith yesterday. It is a nice putter, I like the ghost line; insert rolls em well.

I would def game one in the future - seems like aligning and squaring is simpler.

I've been playing this putter the last three weeks. This is my first putter change since I picked up a Cameron Futura brand new when they first came out. I had tried out a friend of mine's Itzy Bitzy Spider last season and really liked the way it played. This year for my birthday my dad picked me up one of the Corza Ghosts. I took it back thinking to use the money on a desperately needed 3-wood upgrade, but instead found myself playing around with the Ghost Spider. Ended up buying one (35" model). I've played 9 rounds since I got the Spider and I'm proud to say that I haven't had a 3-putt, and at least 4 of those rounds, I can attribute my good score to the Spider saving me on some clutch strokes. This putter really combined the things I loved about my Futura, with a really spectacular feel. I had it re-gripped with a Black Widow Fusion jumbo and I have a feeling this will be my putter for a long time. It is very easy to line up. Very easy to get the ball rolling. The only thing that took some getting used to was the different material between my Futura and the Spider. I felt like I didn't have to hit/work as hard with the Spider to get the ball to the hole. Hopefully my confidence on the greens continues throughout the rest of the season since putting has been the weakest point of my game for a long time. I'm looking forward to some lower scores!

had a pretty good day putting today with my Ghost Spider...had 32 putts total. did have two 3 putts but had six 1 putts also. i spent an hour on the practice green yesterday trying to get completely comfortable with it and work on some things my golf instructor talked to me about. my putting confidence is growing lately and im starting to get a feel for the speeds of the greens with the putter a lot quicker than before. can't wait to see how i fair later this week at Glen Mills their greens are supposed to be very hard.

had a pretty good day putting today with my Ghost Spider...had 32 putts total. did have two 3 putts but had six 1 putts also. i spent an hour on the practice green yesterday trying to get completely comfortable with it and work on some things my golf instructor talked to me about. my putting confidence is growing lately and im starting to get a feel for the speeds of the greens with the putter a lot quicker than before. can't wait to see how i fair later this week at Glen Mills their greens are supposed to be very hard.

Um yeah haha. They're quick, not exactly hard though, fairly receptive to balls with spin. The course is always kept in great condition.

Just got my Ghost Spider today. Can't wait to get out on the course and start rolling it!!

Just got my Ghost Spider today. Can't wait to get out on the course and start rolling it!!

JEALOUS!!!!!!

So i got a few questions-
How does this compare with the previous years spiders,(or our they this years but different models idk)

Rossa Monza Spider Balero

Monza Spider Vicino SB Putter

Rossa AGSI + Tourismo Putter

Rossa Monza Spider

Spider Itsy Bitsy

I'm thinking the Rossa Monza Spider was last years base model and the Balero and Vicino are just tweaked versions?

JEALOUS!!!!!!

How does this compare with the previous years spiders,(or our they this years but different models idk)

Rossa Monza Spider

Spider Itsy Bitsy

I'm thinking the Rossa Monza Spider was last years base model and the Balero and Vicino are just tweaked versions?

Well, for starters, the biggest difference is it has the Pure Roll insert vs the AGSI insert. I have only rolled the Ghost Spider a few times, and the Pure Roll insert is great (I love my Corza Ghost with the Pure Roll). Much improved upon the AGSI (even though I love my spider vicino AGSI).

I don't think I have been to the practice putting green as much as I have in the last week!

Really starting to get a feel for the Ghost Spider, but sometimes it fires off the face really hot - feels a lot different to the old Craz-e I had before. Anyone else had this?

The weight feels great too, and it's so easy to just swing back and through. I have a tendency to take the putter away slightly on the outside but the spider is helping to keep the strike consistent which I love.

Spoke to my local Pro about the additional weights and they cost somewhere in the region of £50 (or approx $80?). Does anyone have the additional weights and if so how do they feel?

JEALOUS!!!!!!

Rossa Monza Spider

Spider Itsy Bitsy

Just looking at pics it looks like the Balero doesn't have the MWT like the rest does. I think the Vicino and the Spider and the Itsy Bitsy are the more the tweaked versions. Wasn't really a big fan of this line until this one and the Pure Roll insert. Really like that insert.

what are the features/benefits of a center shafted putter and who are those made for?

i putted in store with a cs spider last week and think i liked it, but dont know why i should switch.

thoughts?

what are the features/benefits of a center shafted putter and who are those made for?

i putted in store with a cs spider last week and think i liked it, but dont know why i should switch.

thoughts?

For me I like it better because it gives me that SBST feeling throughout my stroke (helps me keep the face square and my hands quiet since I get a little wristy at times). For some goofy reason I also feel like it helps me lineup better. Haven't tried the CS of this one yet but I'm almost certain that I'll like it.

I just spent 4 days and played 6 rounds of golf in beautiful Sunriver Oregon with my Ghost Spider.
This is without a doubt the best putter I have ever used.
I absolutely love my original Spider, but the Ghost has spun it's web into my bag and into my heart.

The new insert has the ball coming off a just little hotter than the old one and it took a little getting used to.
All that means is I can swing the putter even smoother to get the ball rolling.
The alignment is terrific with the white surface. I really like the way it sets up behind the ball.
I made more putts on this trip than I can describe. I just can't say enough good things about this putter!
You really have to go try one to understand what I am talking about.

Just beware...once you are bitten by the Ghost Spider, you'll never be the same again.

I am so happy to hear that you are loving this putter DD! You are making me consider the switch, which is insane because I love my putter! I do think that you and the Ghost Spider are a match made in heaven!

I got to try this putter this weekend, its very smooth like butter. It's heavier than I had imagined and it rolls the ball extremley well. the only thing I couldn't get over it how big the thing was. I'm more ofa blade guy who is looking for something different and unfortunatley this putter is a little bit too much for me. i did however give the Corza ghost a roll and fell in love with this putter. The weight was just perfect and I actually liked it more than the typical blade (daytona). The Pure Roll insert makes it so easy to get the ball rolling with this Ghost putter line.

I rolled this yesterday in my local GS. I just didn't like it at all. It's like putting with a box on the end of a stick.

I still think an Itsy Bitsy version would do quite well.

Back