TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

upgrade from a.... well heres the thing, i kind of have a spending problem i think. i just got a Ping iseries B60 about 2 months ago i ended up ordering a new Odyssey Mini T from e bay i got it for 80 bucks brand new 2 days ago thats in the mail now and i bought the spider tonight.... before that i used a Odyssey Black Series #1 for years.. so i dunno what to say i upgraded from cause ive got putters i havn't even used yet in the mail. lol But seriously I have been working on my putting a lot recently and i really have been trying a lot of different putters out at the local golf stores. i do like my Ping a lot, but i dunno whats the best for me and my stroke so i just am gonna try all of them and see what i end up keeping the the bag and if i get the yips or can't make a putt i aways got some back ups now i guess. lol Plus seeing some of the guys putter collections on this site i still wouldn't say i have a "problem"

sorry Dicks had it at 179. was 190 after tax

Thanks! No worries, I'm the same way with putters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pictures, I want it even more now.

Such a gorgeous putter. I tested the black spider and didn't like it too much. Even though this putter probably isn't right for me doesn't mean I can't drool over it right?

I think I am going to go with the 41" center shaft belly putter option......

Went by Dick's this morning, no luck on the Ghost Spider, guy in the golf section said he didnt even know if they would be carrying it?

Went by Dick's this morning, no luck on the Ghost Spider, guy in the golf section said he didnt even know if they would be carrying it?

No offense to them, but I think sometimes we here at THP know more about upcoming golf product than the people who sell it. I wouldn't sweat it. They will probably carry the ghost spider.

No offense to them, but I think sometimes we here at THP know more about upcoming golf product than the people who sell it. I wouldn't sweat it. They will probably carry the ghost spider.

Oh, Im sure they will. In fact, I do believe he had no idea what the heck I was talking about when I said a "Ghost Spider." I then simplified it and said, the TaylorMade Spider, in white...

Oh, Im sure they will. In fact, I do believe he had no idea what the heck I was talking about when I said a "Ghost Spider." I then simplified it and said, the TaylorMade Spider, in white...

dicks will have them for sure, they always have the new TM stuff

They had one of these at Golf Galaxy tonight. It's one freaking huge putter. Looks pretty cool even though it is rather star trek looking. And it rolled quite well too.

They had one of these at Golf Galaxy tonight. It's one freaking huge putter. Looks pretty cool even though it is rather star trek looking. And it rolled quite well too.

Was it for sale? Sometimes they get stuff in and just can't sell it til the launch date so there's my disclaimer incase that seemed like a dumb question.

Was it for sale? Sometimes they get stuff in and just can't sell it til the launch date so there's my disclaimer incase that seemed like a dumb question.

I assume so. I was waiting in line to pay for some golf balls and decided to go check out the putters. Saw it sitting with all the other white TM putters on the shelf. So I guess to answer your question I dont know lol.

I assume so. I was waiting in line to pay for some golf balls and decided to go check out the putters. Saw it sitting with all the other white TM putters on the shelf. So I guess to answer your question I dont know lol.

Haha. It must have been for sale then. I use to work at Dick's and if something came in early I think they left it in the back until launch date. Taylormade must be ok with selling it early or just unaware.

With Taylormade commercials talking about Dick's and Golf Galaxy being your places to go for all your TM needs I'm surprised they're not more up to date on things.

With Taylormade commercials talking about Dick's and Golf Galaxy being your places to go for all your TM needs I'm surprised they're not more up to date on things.

I agree, every Dick's or Golf Galaxy i go to dont know squat about TM, might just be bad luck/bad employee's but they are clueless

I can't wait to get my hands on this and roll it out. I've been checking out a lot of the new putters that have been realeased recently and haven't found anything that would top my anser. I'm more of a blade guy myself but this putter along with the Odessey Dart putters have caught my attention. I really like the pure roll insert in the TM110 Daytona when I rolled it, it's very soft, maybe too soft.

I almost picked up the spider last year, so I am interested to hear the feedback about this year's model.

I can't wait to get my hands on this and roll it out. I've been checking out a lot of the new putters that have been realeased recently and haven't found anything that would top my anser. I'm more of a blade guy myself but this putter along with the Odessey Dart putters have caught my attention. I really like the pure roll insert in the TM110 Daytona when I rolled it, it's very soft, maybe too soft.

thats just crazy to me lol, have you rolled the old TM putters with the AGSI insert? they are allot softer than the pure roll

just got a text from my buddy in southern indiana and he said he got a email saying his ghost spider has shipped, lucky SOB, bought it from golfgalaxy

Finally got out and played 18 today and used my ghost spider all day! WOW what a great putter i played at Berkleigh Country Club former home of the LPGA Betsy King Classic. It was the first time i got up there to play. It was a very nice course greens were pretty fast so i was nervous about using a brand new putter BUT..... This putter just goes straight every time! i had 30 putts no 3 putts and 6 1 putts. i don't consider myself a great putter actually the guy i played with is an excellent putter and he uses a ghost Rossa corza putter and he said after watching me today he is def buying a ghost spider! i don't think i left a putt i didn't drain more than 1-2 feet away i can't wait till i really get comfortable with it! I found the alignment very easy and the pure roll which i originally thought was to firm for my liking and what im used to just feels good once i got used to it. it really makes the ball roll pure! Very Very impressed i feel like i am finally gonna bring my putting to the next level. playing again tomorrow see if i can keep this going.

thats just crazy to me lol, have you rolled the old TM putters with the AGSI insert? they are allot softer than the pure roll

No I haven't rolled the agsi insert. The pure roll is soft compared to my Ping and the Method core which I really liked when I tried it a wholes back. I'm not saying it's so soft it's bad, it's just not what I'm used to.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

No I haven't rolled the agsi insert. The pure roll is soft compared to my Ping and the Method core which I really liked when I tried it a wholes back. I'm not saying it's so soft it's bad, it's just not what I'm used to.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

if you get a chance when in a store if they have a TM putter with the AGSI roll it a couple times, i think you would be surprised at how much softer it is, the method to me was a very firm putter as well, i see where your coming from saying its soft compared to that

Finally got out and played 18 today and used my ghost spider all day! WOW what a great putter i played at Berkleigh Country Club former home of the LPGA Betsy King Classic. It was the first time i got up there to play. It was a very nice course greens were pretty fast so i was nervous about using a brand new putter BUT..... This putter just goes straight every time! i had 30 putts no 3 putts and 6 1 putts. i don't consider myself a great putter actually the guy i played with is an excellent putter and he uses a ghost Rossa corza putter and he said after watching me today he is def buying a ghost spider! i don't think i left a putt i didn't drain more than 1-2 feet away i can't wait till i really get comfortable with it! I found the alignment very easy and the pure roll which i originally thought was to firm for my liking and what im used to just feels good once i got used to it. it really makes the ball roll pure! Very Very impressed i feel like i am finally gonna bring my putting to the next level. playing again tomorrow see if i can keep this going.

Good work with the Ghost Spider! Your post just makes me MORE jealous now though. Although I cant complain, I picked up a Spider Monza Vicino last weekend on sale, and had 12 putts on 9 holes. Everything I rolled dropped in it seemed! Let us know how the putts roll tomorrow.

They had 5 of them out on the putter rack at Dicks in Springlfield IL last Sunday.

Back