TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

Did you find one?

nope, called noblesville and they were sold out of what they had, didnt call 86th street, didnt feel like making the trip down there after i waited awhile lol, Dick's must have a go ahead to put these on the shelves, when i called to see if they had any R11's before the release date they said they did but couldnt put it out until Feb 4th which was the release date

nope, called noblesville and they were sold out of what they had, didnt call 86th street, didnt feel like making the trip down there after i waited awhile lol, Dick's must have a go ahead to put these on the shelves, when i called to see if they had any R11's before the release date they said they did but couldnt put it out until Feb 4th which was the release date

Any word from TM on your putter. I'm really surprised the stores are putting these out before you (who pre-ordered) got them.

Well my buddy who works at the one down here in Bloomington where I live said he couldn't put them out until the 8th. I was up in greenwood last night visiting my parents and wandered over to the mall. I saw 3 sitting there, one in 34" so I rolled 3 putts, liked it and bought it!

Any word from TM on your putter. I'm really surprised the stores are putting these out before you (who pre-ordered) got them.

nope, i ordered it from Dennis and Patty, it really bugs me when stores get these before preorders get filled

Well my buddy who works at the one down here in Bloomington where I live said he couldn't put them out until the 8th. I was up in greenwood last night visiting my parents and wandered over to the mall. I saw 3 sitting there, one in 34" so I rolled 3 putts, liked it and bought it!

its suppose to be the 6th for the release date but who really knows lol

i think some stores get them and just put them out not knowing there is a release date for them and others know about the release date. Kinda sucks for those that preordered. i was gonna preorder but i really wanted to roll them before i paid almost 200 bucks. plus there are a lot of golf shops that are fairly close to me. good news is release date is almost here anyway. can't wait to hear what others think about the putter

I LOVE the look of the Ghost Spider, and it kills me that I bought my Monza Spider Vicino 2 weeks ago instead of waiting for the Ghost to come out...

BUT, I played 18 holes today, and had 24 putts, 12 on each side! So, even though the Ghost Spider has caught my eye, I have been rolling the M Spider Vicino too well to change for aesthetics.

I LOVE the look of the Ghost Spider, and it kills me that I bought my Monza Spider Vicino 2 weeks ago instead of waiting for the Ghost to come out...

BUT, I played 18 holes today, and had 24 putts, 12 on each side! So, even though the Ghost Spider has caught my eye, I have been rolling the M Spider Vicino too well to change for aesthetics.

completely different insert as well, its not just the old one painted white

completely different insert as well, its not just the old one painted white

Yes, I am aware of the Pure Roll insert vs last years AGSI insert. What I was saying is that, I am rolling last tears spider with the AGSI insert so well right now, don't want to risk a change in putter and throw off my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rolled one today and it didn't knock me off my feet. I'm having them order a 33" to see if that changes my mind. I don't like that they went with a skinnier, firmer grip as I like the winns that are a bit thicker. Putter looks good though.

Tap before talk.

I rolled one today and it didn't knock me off my feet. I'm having them order a 33" to see if that changes my mind. I don't like that they went with a skinnier, firmer grip as I like the winns that are a bit thicker. Putter looks good though.

Tap before talk.

You didn't care for it but still ordered one? Or you convinced them to order a 33" just for you to try? lol

You didn't care for it but still ordered one? Or you convinced them to order a 33" just for you to try? lol

I should have been more clear, haha. I talked them into ordering a 33" without a commitment to buy.

Tap before talk.

played 36 today with mine had a couple 3 putts all in all putted well. drained a monster 40 footer to save par on the one hole. had some issues changing courses on the first couple holes on the second 18. i am thinking about getting a new grip on mine i don't think its tacky enough for my liking i feel like im losing my grip sometimes especially when i sweat which is usually always in the summer. id rather have a better grip than a grip with a spider on it!

played 36 today with mine had a couple 3 putts all in all putted well. drained a monster 40 footer to save par on the one hole. had some issues changing courses on the first couple holes on the second 18. i am thinking about getting a new grip on mine i don't think its tacky enough for my liking i feel like im losing my grip sometimes especially when i sweat which is usually always in the summer. id rather have a better grip than a grip with a spider on it!

I agree about the grip. Aesthetically it's top notch but it felt to skinny and slick for my taste.

Tap before talk.

i have been looking at the Iomic grips on here i might switch to that. was talking to Hanks about it today when we were playing. i just think its too slick. but ive never used Iomic grip actually i don't think i have ever regripped a putter.

i have been looking at the Iomic grips on here i might switch to that. was talking to Hanks about it today when we were playing. i just think its too slick. but ive never used Iomic grip actually i don't think i have ever regripped a putter.

Iomic grips feel "chalky" to me...only way I can describe them. I really like my slim super stroke but most don't care for them.

Tap before talk.

yeah im prob gonna go to the local Golf Galaxy and feel some grips see what i think im gonna like. i just heard good things about the Iomics. def take a look at the super strokes too

I think we might do something fun with this putter this week.

Awesome! This putter is really cool and when I used it on a brick and mortar in the store it felt really solid. This was last years model, and is probably 10x better with the new insert.

Awesome can't wait to see what you guys are gonna do!

Your always up to something, huh? :)

Looking forward to it!

I should have been more clear, haha. I talked them into ordering a 33" without a commitment to buy.

Tap before talk.

haha ok that makes sense. My GG never has anything in 33", drives me nuts. But saves me $$ lol

Awesome, can't wait to see what's in store for us all this week!

Okay! Let's see if we try to stop you...

Back