TaylorMade Ghost Spider Si Putter Review Thread

Reading back through this thread and I have to say this was probably the most exciting testing I did.

Still my gamer, only had 30 putts my last round. Was definitely a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still rolling this one too. My SC's are taking an extended time out in the putter rack!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, has anyone cut one of these down? I have a big gut and am short, I have the 35 inch and cant seem to be able to get my eyes over the ball. I have been favoring center shafted putters though, so I am looking at last years center shafted mallet. Any thoughts? Hate to give up on this putter and don't know if I can save this grip off of the si, I use a 32 inch now. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Hello, has anyone cut one of these down? I have a big gut and am short, I have the 35 inch and cant seem to be able to get my eyes over the ball. I have been favoring center shafted putters though, so I am looking at last years center shafted mallet. Any thoughts? Hate to give up on this putter and don't know if I can save this grip off of the si, I use a 32 inch now. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

don't know about cutting it, but the grip is weighted if you can pull it (air compressor was recommended to me) then you should be good. Also I believe you can buy them from TMAG for $25 (don't quote me)

I have cut mine down an inch, put a super stroke 3.0 and added 100g weight in the handle. Feels great and will be fun to see how it plays in the course!...always tinkering!! :)

Sorry to bump an old thread (as my first post no less) but I am just curious after reading this thread (ok I only made it to page 19), why for all the great reviews, that based on signature lines, no one seems to still be using this putter. I am about 90% sure I am going to pick one up this week, just curious why no one has stuck with it.

Just sto for background, I've been out of golf about 15 years, and only started playing again this year. The last putter I owned was when blade putters were the only thing available. I've spent about 2 hours at golfsmith (for their selection) playing around with this model and comparing it to just about every brand and style. Even tonight when my non-golfing wife watched she kept saying you just play better with that one.

I I have a LONNNNNG way to go in my game, but off the bat, I feel like this putter can shave half a dozen strokes for me.

Sorry to bump an old thread (as my first post no less) but I am just curious after reading this thread (ok I only made it to page 19), why for all the great reviews, that based on signature lines, no one seems to still be using this putter. I am about 90% sure I am going to pick one up this week, just curious why no one has stuck with it.

Just sto for background, I've been out of golf about 15 years, and only started playing again this year. The last putter I owned was when blade putters were the only thing available. I've spent about 2 hours at golfsmith (for their selection) playing around with this model and comparing it to just about every brand and style. Even tonight when my non-golfing wife watched she kept saying you just play better with that one.

I I have a LONNNNNG way to go in my game, but off the bat, I feel like this putter can shave half a dozen strokes for me.

First off welcome to THP! Glad to have you, pop over to the Welcome Thread and introduce yourself.

I games this putter for about 6 months and it was great for me. Toward's the end, I started adjusting my stroke more to the SPi method and the putter didn't fit me as well.

Still a very solid gamer though if it fits your stroke. Def my favorite insert face I've tried.

Hope that helps.

Using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP

I still use it but mainly in the summer on faster greens and use my Golo on the slower greens which here in the UK is a lot of the time! It seemed to work well for me last year as the Si has less loft than the Golo. Defo a great putter for me and looking forward to getting it in the bag but it is some time off yet for me.

I did tinker with mine a bit and added a SuperStroke and more back weighting. The head just seems to really boost confidence, can't really fault it.

I also use Tapatalk a lot on the iPhone for THP and very bad at up dating my sig!!

Since I couldn't putt to save my life yesterday morning, I decided to really change things up to shock my system in the afternoon and threw this putter in the bag. Completely different than my normal gamer and a putter I saw NO success with while it was in the bag. Still something to give me a completely different look and feel, thought it might be fun to see what comes of it(even just for 1 round). My brief takeaways.

1 - I had this built to 36.5 based on conversations with TaylorMade. It still confuses me on where my hands need to be.
2 - The insert feels and sounds like cheap plastic but it does seem to produce a nice roll.
3 - Speed control was pretty good with it. The shorter putts I was good with and some lag putts were really good. Struggles were from 10-25 foot range.

It's not a long term solution, I just don't see it. But I think it served it's purpose yesterday.

Since I couldn't putt to save my life yesterday morning, I decided to really change things up to shock my system in the afternoon and threw this putter in the bag. Completely different than my normal gamer and a putter I saw NO success with while it was in the bag. Still something to give me a completely different look and feel, thought it might be fun to see what comes of it(even just for 1 round). My brief takeaways.

1 - I had this built to 36.5 based on conversations with TaylorMade. It still confuses me on where my hands need to be.
2 - The insert feels and sounds like cheap plastic but it does seem to produce a nice roll.
3 - Speed control was pretty good with it. The shorter putts I was good with and some lag putts were really good. Struggles were from 10-25 foot range.

It's not a long term solution, I just don't see it. But I think it served it's purpose yesterday.

Is it taking the trip with you to Pitt?

If so, stay away from me :alien:

Is it taking the trip with you to Pitt?

If so, stay away from me :alien:

probably not. Think it was more just to give me something different to look at for a round or 2. You know how I have never had much affection for this putter.

probably not. Think it was more just to give me something different to look at for a round or 2. You know how I have never had much affection for this putter.

Haha, yup you and it didn't get along. Definitely is a good change of pace putter though from the classics, but even most CBs I've tried (mainly the Tank #7)

Back