Hope it improved their products. The last well made Taylormade equipment was the r9 which was moons ago

Hope it improved their products. The last well made Taylormade equipment was the r9 which was moons ago
I honestly don’t get some of the negativity towards TaylorMade. I have two SIM2 fairways in the bag right now. They are incredible. A lot of people still talk about how good of a head the M2 was. I am still seeing P790 irons in a lot of bags in my area. The Spider putter has reached almost iconic level. I tested quite a few balls and the TaylorMade is what I have decided to play for the year. Year after year, TaylorMade is near the top in driver sales. The list goes on. What makes you say that TaylorMade has had no quality product for “moons?”

I read that Fila purchased Acushnet in 2011 for $1.225 billion, which doesn’t make a price approaching $2 billion seem outrageous. I also read that Morgan Stanley was running the sale and had placed a $2 billion valuation on TaylorMade. I don’t know much of the history, but it sure makes me wonder why Adidas sold TaylorMade four years ago for $425 million.
Rip the bandaid off maybe?

Nice return on their investment.

My P790’s would disagree quite strongly with that statement.

despite all the star power under contract, I haven't been the least bit intrigued by any taylormade stuff in awhile. Interesting to see if anything changes.

Same. Last purchase was an M3 440 9*. Maybe I’m the only one on the planet that hits toe fades and heel hooks, but it did NOT work for me.

Was briefly interested in their 790 irons. Then stopped sucking at contact. Lost interest. Then sucked at contact again, but lost interest.

I’m invested in blade type irons now. I’ll find out if I can hit them soon enough. So far that’s a big negative except certain shots are beautiful.

My P790’s would disagree quite strongly with that statement.

My R15 430 (longest “regular” driver I’ve ever hit if I did my part) would also.

M1 430 (2016?) was no slouch either, I think I got a slightly dead head on that one and I beat the F out of it until it’s face eventually gave in trying to get my ballspeed up. Lesson? Sometimes a face just isn’t hot, and this was at the tail end of my CHS days before injury and illness. I never hit that anywhere near as good as the R15 430.

Callaway stock got a nice bump today off this news

two types of PE - Bleed em' dry and strap em with debt or build the business and identify opportunities.
Totally agree. Have to think the new firm is building up the brand to sell at a multiple. As you know...we'd need to see the balance sheet. Golf is on a global tear. I don't follow Callaway stock but it's a good public reference point for valuation.

Totally agree. Have to think the new firm is building up the brand to sell at a multiple. As you know...we'd need to see the balance sheet. Golf is on a global tear. I don't follow Callaway stock but it's a good public reference point for valuation.
Agree market is extremely hot, pandemic business growth and potential fueled this. Not sure on P&L but this has to be high volume business that made sense from a cash EBITA perspective

I don't get the Taylormade negativity either. You can not like the marketing or the product cycle, but the products themselves I think have been solid for years. Some of my best scores came in the R11, R11s, Penta days. I think the MG2 wedges are really solid. My spider tour black would likely only get long-term replaced by another spider.

TM and THP hosted a few of us THPers for a fun event in 2019. Hoping those guys (Chandler, Jory, Casey) made a few bucks on the transaction and have a safe landing. Fun group of guys.

I've got about $1400 invested in their products... (and I can't say there are many other companies out their with that much of my money except ford and jeep and Jesus)

Oh man, you’re missing a ton of solid gear since then

Oh man, you’re missing a ton of solid gear since then

Absolutely. Just because they don't have the marketing power they used to, doesn't mean they have stinker products top to bottom. Sim Max stuff for example was really good.

I mean, the sale is unsurprising, it was bound to happen, what I’m curious to see now is the direction. Will they actually allow the company to do things they need to?

It will be interesting to see what happens with their stance on social media support/sponsorship. Maybe the new ownership will be interesting in supporting sites like THP!

It will be interesting to see what happens with their stance on social media support/sponsorship. Maybe the new ownership will be interesting in supporting sites like THP!

We have had a long standing relationship with TaylorMade going back over 12 years. Done many Experiences with them, video shoots and more. We do not expect that to change.

Best of luck to Taylormade!

Back