TaylorMade Golf Searching for Social Media Coordinator

Jersey Nate

#JourneyToBetter #THPMC
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.2
What a job this would be:

An exerpt from the job description:
The Greens of St. Andrews are a long ways from the local front nine, but the feeling at the tee is exactly the same. We don’t make equipment for professionals or amateurs; we make equipment for golfers. We know that in a game of inches, what matters isn’t the name of the course, but a love of the game. Our clubs, and everything else we make, blend a commitment to golf’s history with a drive to bring modern ideas to life. At TaylorMade Golf, vision meets precision.TaylorMade is a place for those who value innovation and never stop seeking ways to push performance forward and improve the game, while always honoring its tradition and its origins. A passion for competition, both on and off the course, defines the way we approach our work. We believe that true golf people make the best golf products. And that’s why the best players in the world play with TaylorMade
This is the best job in golf. No question. The role of the Tour Content Manager is to identify, capture, create and publish content from our tour activities for the TaylorMade, adidas and Ashworth Golf brands. The means we’re looking for a professional journalist, blogger or social content creator to travel the PGA Tour, interact with our Staff Professionals and Sports Marketing Teams and publish engaging content for our multiple audiences.

Thought this was interesting...anyone want to apply? :act-up:

Heck yeah! What are the requirements?

Heck yeah! What are the requirements?

As per the article:

Knowledge & Experience

• [*=left]Minimum 5 years’ experience in golf journalism, blogging or content creation
    [*=left]You will be a single digit golfer
    [*=left]Experience of working with professional athletes, management companies and associated personnel will be a distinctive advantage
    [*=left]Strong knowledge of social channels i.e. Twitter, Instagram, etc
    [*=left]Experience in journalism, blogging or content creation essential
    [*=left]Ability to work independently in a dynamic and fast-paced organization
    [*=left]Excellent communication skills
    [*=left]Good understanding of golf equipment technologies
Personal Attributes

• [*=left]Strong consumer needs” orientation
    [*=left]Positivity and optimism at your core
    [*=left]Excellent written and oral communication skills.
    [*=left]Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
    [*=left]Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
    [*=left]Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
    [*=left]Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
    [*=left]Experience working in a team-oriented / collaborative environment.

Not qualified, but I bet if I walked into the interview with a Ghetto Blaster on my shoulder play I'm a boss I would get the job :thumb: haha.

I'll let someone else enjoy the opportunity though!

Aw hell yea I got this :blob:. Put me in coach :act-up:

Lol Gray, didn't we just rant a little about this?

Ill bet there are a couple good candidates here on theforum for this, the requirements are steep but I'm sure someone's got the goods.

Lol Gray, didn't we just rant a little about this?

Ill bet there arena couple good candidates here on theforum for this, the requirements are steep but I'm sure someone's got the goods.

Yep. Let's throw Nate in the hunt for this one :thumb:

Shoot this is me to the tee

TaylorMade Golf Searching for Social Media Coordinator

I was DQ'ed the second they wanted user friendly language :/

I wonder if posting on boards like this would count as "content creation."

I think my experience in using Vine and twitter on this forum definitely qualify me. Now I just have to talk the wife in to letting me quit my other job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck ya, I got this, plus a marketing/HR background. Just can't spell worth a spit!

Heck ya, I got this, plus a marketing/HR background. Just can't spell worth a spit!

Duey I figure you and I should jump on this one with both feet. Hell we were born to be marketing gurus :thumb:

Duey I figure you and I should jump on this one with both feet. Hell we were born to be marketing gurus :thumb:

Lets do it buddy! We'll tag team them, haha

I want in. Hmmm this is just the position I've been looking forward.

This would be an incredible position! Would love to see it go to someone in our thp community.

Wish I was more qualified for it.

Last edited:
I know this guy named Chad who would be perfect! Oh wait . . .

That would be a sweet gig, sort of feel like they are trying to play catch up. I have a few qualifications for that opening, not enough to apply, plus they can't afford me anyway! lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That would be a sweet gig, sort of feel like they are trying to play catch up. I have a few qualifications for that opening, not enough to apply, plus they can't afford me anyway! lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You have the game and gift of gab, fake the rest and they might pay up!

Only part I don't have is "Single Digit Golfer"

This has that weird feeling of a job interview I went on a decade ago. Told me it was sports marketing..making 6 figures..full benefits..the works. Turned out to be a job selling knives door to door making $8 an hour. The real kicker you had to buy your own knife set that was $800 ...knew someone who went thru with it. Never got a call back, but ended up with a nice $800 set of knives

sounds fishy

mm

This would be awesome no doubt. I don't qualify for this one, but I do check all the golf OEM's periodically to see if there is an opening I would qualify for. Designing golf equipment would be a dream job.

When you click on the link it says the job was originally posted 6/12/13... the fact that they are still searching 6 months later is incredible to me! As a recruiter this tells me that the hiring managers are a) extraordinarily picky, bordering on unrealistic of the talent pool that exists in the marketplace and/or B) unwiling to pay a search firm a fee to go out and find the best candidates for the role. In any case, it can't hurt to apply to a dream job!

Back