TaylorMade JetSpeed Driver Review Thread

On the flip side of my question too.

Is there anyone who normally hits a R shaft that has stepped up to the stock stiff shaft with success?

I know the stock shaft is pretty flimsy and my swing speed is around 87 mph. With my hook I have, I'm wondering if just getting a stock stiff shaft would help the dispersion and go a bit straighter. I get th general impression that the stiff shaft is also tends to be a flimsier as well and may be closer to a regular shaft.

I've played both a stiff and regular in my driver with success (last time I was fit, I was between 95-100mph on pretty much all of my swings), and the JetSpeed was one of the finalists as my last fitting. Obviously just the numbers from one person's swing, but they were nearly identical with the stiff and regular. I'd test both and see which one feels better to you and gets you hitting the middle of the face more with.

Brought this back out on Wednesday and was straight off the tee almost all day. Only hit 2 FIR, but the others were all left of the fairway and I wasn't off by any more than 5 yards. Score reflected it as well. Tried to hit the Cleveland Custom XL side by side but it kept slicing on me, so I'll stick with the JetSpeed for awhile. Not sure why I'm struggling so much with the Cleveland, but it is what it is. The Cleveland goes farther, but I hate the trouble it puts me in, so I'll take the shorter distance and closer to the fairway. I need a new shaft though ... the one I have in this is an M flex, and I could probably use a R flex shaft.

Back