TaylorMade M2 Driver Preview

Hi Dean.

DSC_0987-XL.jpg
Man I love your pictures! So nice, can't wait to get mine.

I wonder if the issue of very fragile white paint portion of the crown has been addressed?

I do have a small chip on my white paint, but that is 100 percent operator error, I dropped it on a cart path. White paint had actually help up well except for my iggnorance

I wonder if the issue of very fragile white paint portion of the crown has been addressed?

I also find it interesting that there are more M2 drivers in play at Riviera this week on the PGA Tour than M1 drivers, 24-22 in favor of the M2. If those guys are the best in the world and the majority of them are playing M2 over M1, what does that say about what all of us amateurs should do?

Dustin moving this way was big to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I LOVE the crown of this club... it looks amazing.

Mine should be here tomorrow!

Now that is BEAUTIFUL. Nice shot, Jman!

I can't wait to see what you think about the club. You mentioned you went with the Tenesi? I got to hit this shaft this weekend and was VERY impressed with how smooth it was.

yeah it just looks good. I had one in hand yesterday. Still have yet to hit it or the M1. That needs to change one of these days.

There will be a new thread for all of the reviews as THPers test them out.

I had close to dream numbers with the M2 HL/Hzrdus combo so I'm really hoping they translate to real play. This will be the first 'low spin" combo Ive gamed in a long time and sometimes that can cause issues on the course.

I was getting 15-16 launch with 2200 spin, 152 ball speed. Those are averages after 30 or so swings.

I had close to dream numbers with the M2 HL/Hzrdus combo so I'm really hoping they translate to real play. This will be the first 'low spin" combo Ive gamed in a long time and sometimes that can cause issues on the course.

I was getting 15-16 launch with 2200 spin, 152 ball speed. Those are averages after 30 or so swings.
I am really really looking forward to seeing you game this monster buddy. Trade in the R15 I assume?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

So the white is titanium and the black is carbon composite?

I am really really looking forward to seeing you game this monster buddy. Trade in the R15 I assume?

Traded in an old Cleveland to get the trade in bonus of $100, and the driver included a free fitting. 915d2 and 915f are for sale to fund this year's goodies.

If the M2 performs on course like it did on the LM then the R15 will be cut to 43", dialed up to 16* and maybe be my new 3/4 wood. Although the M2 3 HL is good, really good.

Traded in an old Cleveland to get the trade in bonus of $100, and the driver included a free fitting. 915d2 and 915f are for sale to fund this year's goodies.

If the M2 performs on course like it did on the LM then the R15 will be cut to 43", dialed up to 16* and maybe be my new 3/4 wood. Although the M2 3 HL is good, really good.

Serious deals my man.

I'm not gonna lie, the short driver / 1.5 wood / whatever you want to call it idea intrigues the hell out of me, and I kinda want to try it.

Now that is BEAUTIFUL. Nice shot, Jman!

I can't wait to see what you think about the club. You mentioned you went with the Tenesi? I got to hit this shaft this weekend and was VERY impressed with how smooth it was.

This is truly an awesome shot. Had a chance to demo this club at Demo days and know I know why DJ uses this club. Man does is have some pop!

Anyone with a legit RCGA/USGA handicap under 18.0 want to join the BC Match Play with me? It's a team fourball tournament that runs over a month I think if you keep winning.
When's that? I'm 14.1.

Guys lets keep this one about the driver.
Thanks.

Need your thoughts, please
Had a fitting for the M1 driver. Result was that I should pay the 8.5 degree head, trail set to neutral and low. Shaft should be the ozik white tie 50X4 in stiff

That was before the M2 came out. Think this driver is "enough" for me, so thinking to order this with 9.5 head and adjust it to 8.5 with the same shaft.
I am coming from the R1 with 8.75 degree, draw setup, 2 degree closed with Diamana kali shaft in regular

What you guys think about that?
Cheers

I was at a demo day yesterday and took a chance on hitting this. Unfortunately, no LM data as the rep didn't have one, but based on where balls were landing and then running (forever) this was a bomber for me! What I liked best about it was the feel/sound! Loved it. I ended up being paired with the Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757 stiff. I'd really like to get on a monitor to get some numbers before I buy one, though...

Back