TaylorMade M2 Driver Preview

Yeah, that's why I thought it was interesting that you felt they were releasing M2 to reach a segment not reachable by M1 and referenced financials.

Yeah probably not so much financially although you'll get a few people that can't stomach spending 500 on a driver.

Not everyone needs, (or even wants), max adjustability. For that particular segment, nothing may be able to beat a well-fitted, non-adjustable, bonded driver.

It should always come down to what performs the best for a particular individual, not the cost, and not whatever new adjustable features a newly released driver may have.

So many people pay for high-end, adjustable driver features they don't use or seldom use, when they might actually be better off with a simpler, more forgiving, driver with no adjustments that could make them second guess their latest loft, face angle, or weight placement settings.

Not everyone needs, (or even wants), max adjustability. For that particular segment, nothing may be able to beat a well-fitted, non-adjustable, bonded driver.

It should always come down to what performs the best for a particular individual, not the cost, and not whatever new adjustable features a newly released driver may have. So many people pay for high-end, adjustable driver features they don't use or seldom use, when they might actually be better off with a simpler, more forgiving, driver.

Cost is very much a real thing for a lot of people.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It should always come down to what performs the best for a particular individual, not the cost, and not whatever new adjustable features a newly released driver may have. So many people pay for high-end, adjustable driver features they don't use or seldom use, when they might actually be better off with a simpler, more forgiving, driver.

I have several adjustable woods and after hitting them a ton in all different configurations, every one of them is set up neutral (as noted by the factory) except for loft on my driver. In that way, I'd say I don't need the adjustability, but it's nice to know it is there.

Hilarious....I'm not even sure the M1 was out before the last few months if goldlf season where I live. If it replaces the Aeroburner, I wish they would have had a name that suggests its a different club.

That being said, we had Golfsmith fire saleing the AB TP for $170.

It should always come down to what performs the best for a particular individual, not the cost, and not whatever new adjustable features a newly released driver may have.

So many people pay for high-end, adjustable driver features they don't use or seldom use, when they might actually be better off with a simpler, more forgiving, driver with no adjustments that could make them second guess their latest loft, face angle, or weight placement settings.
Would love a super low spinning bonded driver with a good stock shaft for cheap

I'm guessing those were code names... I doubt there was any intention to bring those names to retail

Some staffers were told those were the real names is my understanding.

Some staffers were told those were the real names is my understanding.
It follows the whole car name thing.

M1, M2, Raptor, Firebird...

I think they should have released them at the same time with the way they named them. It's unfortunate that this is the conversation instead of the club itself. The M1 is the best driver I've ever had. If the M2 is similar but even easier to hit I can imagine it working well for a lot of people.

I think they should have released them at the same time with the way they named them. It's unfortunate that this is the conversation instead of the club itself. The M1 is the best driver I've ever had. If the M2 is similar but even easier to hit I can imagine it working well for a lot of people.

And like JB said, if this had happened, it would have seemed like an alternative option, from part of the same family and not a cheaper version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it a surprise that a grainy, shadowing picture focuses on release efforts and naming conventions?

I'm looking forward to seeing it in hand and getting some swings in.

Is it a surprise that a grainy, shadowing picture focuses on release efforts and naming conventions?

Totally true- it's not mysterious as it is the 2nd driver in the family. The pics are poorly chosen to build excitement. I'm not really sure that I've agreed with ANYTHING that TM has done marketing wise lately. Which stinks because they have continued to put out some solid products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are keeping pace with Callaway, the XR 16 is being released at the same price point and is there B driver line as well. The only issue I have with this is the name, I wish they would have stuck with Burner is some way or form. I love my M-1 I doubt I will even take a swing with the M-2 but you never know. I think the days of a sub $300 driver are gone at least from a Major OEM.

They are keeping pace with Callaway, the XR 16 is being released at the same price point and is there B driver line as well. The only issue I have with this is the name, I wish they would have stuck with Burner is some way or form. I love my M-1 I doubt I will even take a swing with the M-2 but you never know. I think the days of a sub $300 driver are gone at least from a Major OEM.
But you dont see Callaway naming their latest line the 817 or Great Big Bertha 2. Because that would create confusion to the consumer. The same way M2 has.

I look forward to hitting it. Contrary to the belief of some, I truly want a successful TM out there. Competition is good, good golf clubs are fun, options are even more fun.

Agreed about the Burner name. Calling it the MBurner or MB would have been more preferable. I actually asked the fitter in my store about this, and he said TM would never make an adjustable driver in the burner line as they are grip it and rip it clubs. Not sure I buy in to that line of thinking, but that's what he said.

Not a surprise, just unfortunate. It seems they have been moving in the right direction again but the way they are handling this launch is why this conversation happens. I hope when it does come out the conversation changes to how great a product it is, assuming of course people like it as much as they have the M1.

Agreed about the Burner name. Calling it the MBurner or MB would have been more preferable. I actually asked the fitter in my store about this, and he said TM would never make an adjustable driver in the burner line as they are grip it and rip it clubs. Not sure I buy in to that line of thinking, but that's what he said.

That's interesting.. Wasn't RBZ adjustable?

I agree with you about the name. Burner M would probably work well, although you can't really build on it for next year... But then again, you can't build on M1 when the progression for that release year is M1-M2. Does that mean we're going to see something different in the main TM driver release in late 2016?

But you dont see Callaway naming their latest line the 817 or Great Big Bertha 2. Because that would create confusion to the consumer. The same way M2 has.

I think that it won't be that big a deal for the informed consumers out there but the price points should make it pretty clear if not the difference in adjustability between the two. All the Major OEM's are carrying at least two lines these days and some even more. I do like the fact that Callaway is sticking with GBB, XR and APEX and just adding the "16" but only time will tell if they stick to that. I hope TM will do the same, at least they stuck with Tour Preferred for the golf balls this year which is an improvement only question is what will the next premium driver be called M1 16/17.. I am a TM fan and I really hope this works out for them.

That's interesting.. Wasn't RBZ adjustable?

I agree with you about the name. Burner M would probably work well, although you can't really build on it for next year... But then again, you can't build on M1 when the progression for that release year is M1-M2. Does that mean we're going to see something different in the main TM driver release in late 2016?

Never had the RBZ, but think they had both adjustable and non adjustable? RBZ wasn't under the Burner brand though. Think he meant specifically the Burner line.

Agreed. Not sure how they build on it like the R series, unless they go M3 and M4. Odd numbers being the premium more adjustable line, Even being less so. But at this point with TM, I can't really even guess what they'll do next with their naming schemes. If we see an MJetBurnerBallz I wouldn't be surprised.

Never had the RBZ, but think they had both adjustable and non adjustable? RBZ wasn't under the Burner brand though. Think he meant specifically the Burner line.

Agreed. Not sure how they build on it like the R series, unless they go M3 and M4. Odd numbers being the premium more adjustable line, Even being less so. But at this point with TM, I can't really even guess what they'll do next with their naming schemes. If we see an MJetBurnerBallz I wouldn't be surprised.

hahahaha MJetBurnerBallz would go over swimmingly.

I'm still waiting on the M1 review and here we are 18 pages deep into the M2.

It said preview not review.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back