TaylorMade M5 Warranty Claim Question

Buster1

Reaction score
Handicap
9 GHIN
My TM M5 driver (1st Gen) started developing the typical carbon fiber crack on the bottom of the club. It’s on the bit that overhangs the weight track and is common to the first few M5s that were produced.

It’s 1 yr 10 months old, and the warranty is 2 years. I found my receipt too!

I’ve submitted a claim on the TM website (including pictures). Wondering if anyone else has had a claim with TM and what they do next, or what I need to do? Their website also said I could take it to the retailer where I purchased it... but I’m guessing they just submit the claim.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

No experience or advice here, but good luck getting it resolved!

My TM M5 driver (1st Gen) started developing the typical carbon fiber crack on the bottom of the club. It’s on the bit that overhangs the weight track and is common to the first few M5s that were produced.

It’s 1 yr 10 months old, and the warranty is 2 years. I found my receipt too!

I’ve submitted a claim on the TM website (including pictures). Wondering if anyone else has had a claim with TM and what they do next, or what I need to do? Their website also said I could take it to the retailer where I purchased it... but I’m guessing they just submit the claim.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

I took mine back to an authorized dealer(EDWIN WATTS) and the M5 was replaced with a SIM2

Reactions: MH
They were great. I had a brand new M3 440 that’s Carbon Fiber on top was cracked after a indoor session or two. I somehow lucked into that at release as I bought a 2017 M1 440 brand new for about $200 all in from a authorized dealer who didn’t have the stock to cover sales and asked if I wanted the M3 440 or a refund?

Oh, umm, yes? Anyways I called them up and they stopped me halfway through describing and told me it a known defect with a certain batch of one of their first runs with it. They sent me a new one without me even having returned the first one. They did want it back but it was basically no questions asked and they floated me one in trust.

I had an experience with an M1 similar to you (cracked crown) in that it was near the end of the two-year warranty and they just set a take it to the nearest Golftown and in about two months later the newest release showed up at my door. Great customer service.

Thanks guys. Update from my original post:

After filing the claim (with pics) on the TM website, they got back to me promptly and said the club would need to be looked at by an authorized retailer or pro shop. Then the shop would proceed to handle it with TM.

Yesterday I went over to my Club Champion and they quickly agreed on the bottom CF piece being broken. They took the head and the info I received from TM and said they’d run it from here.

Still kinda wondering how things will go, and guess I’m going to have to bust out the old SLDR this weekend!? :oops:

BTW: at no time yet has anyone asked me for my original sales receipt.

TM CS was great for me. I cracked the face of my old R-11 driver and they sent me a new SLDR to replace it.

Cally on the other hand wanted me to send them my GBB Epic driver and $275 and they would send me a Mavrik when the crown cracked on the Epic last fall. (Epic fail)

That’s my fear, is that my relatively minor carbon fiber crack on the sole will be looked at as ‘normal’ or ‘wear and tear’ and they won’t help me. But I’ve seen lots of early M5s with similar. Fingers crossed!

That’s my fear, is that my relatively minor carbon fiber crack on the sole will be looked at as ‘normal’ or ‘wear and tear’ and they won’t help me. But I’ve seen lots of early M5s with similar. Fingers crossed!

From what I've read taylormade stands by ANY carbon defect within 2yrs.....luckily I got mine in just before the window closed.....

UPDATE:

Well I’m even more of a TaylorMade fan. Two weeks after submitting my claim, my Club Champion guy just called me. Apparently I have a brand new SIM driver head sitting there for me!!! o_O:D They sent in the broken M5 and TM sent me back the new one. It’s not the new SIM2 but that is A OKAY by me! I’m just super stoked that TM hooked me up, and there was never even a question of my receipt or warranty timing.

Awesome! :egyptian: Fitting scheduled for next Friday too! :banana:

Taylormade stands by their warranty. A couple years ago I bought a set of their M2 irons and the faces of 2 of the irons slightly caved near the toe face slot and they replaced them, no questions asked. Now I’ve got the M5 irons and love them. My bag is all Taylormade with the exception of my wedges, which are Indi. As a side note on the M5 irons- the 1st set they sent my way arrived way earlier than expected, but they felt all wrong, went everywhere but straight, they just didn’t seem to fit me. I swingweighted them and they came out light, so I checked the lengths and they were all 1/2” too short. Suspecting they sent me someone else’s irons, I contacted them and after a short discussion, I boxed them back up and sent them back to Taylormade on their dime. About a week later I received “my” set which were the correct lengths and swingweights, and I’ve been lovin em ever since.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Update from my original post:

After filing the claim (with pics) on the TM website, they got back to me promptly and said the club would need to be looked at by an authorized retailer or pro shop. Then the shop would proceed to handle it with TM.

Yesterday I went over to my Club Champion and they quickly agreed on the bottom CF piece being broken. They took the head and the info I received from TM and said they’d run it from here.

Still kinda wondering how things will go, and guess I’m going to have to bust out the old SLDR this weekend!? :oops:

BTW: at no time yet has anyone asked me for my original sales receipt.

They typically won’t. I would be slightly surprised if your m5 was still warrantyable. But then I again wouldn’t be at the same time.

When you send it back. All the are going to look for is a damage caused by normal use vs. tampering and or intentional breakage I.e. slamming the club on the ground.

Once that is determined. New club on the way..

Any chance you have a picture of that crack? I think I might have the same thing happening. TIA
I don't think I took one.....small eviseration on toe.....almost looks like a flaked shell if that makes sense......should be here this week(SIM2)

My brother has cracked an M4 and most recently his M6 last week. TM sent him a new M6 when the M4 broke and he has a new SIM MAX 2 head on the way to replace the M6. Seems to happen a lot with TM heads but at least they're good about replacing them.

Way to go TaylorMade! I'm not currently gaming any TM but threads like this make me want to!

Congrats on the new driver!

That's great customer service!

Back