TaylorMade Metal Woods - Morgan Cup Staff

Damn that is a nice swing DD

Don't listen to them DD! Your swing looks great bro, and Esox just shat a salad and Yoccos just burped up some taquitos.

Lol! More importantly the ball is going straight and staying playable. No more provisional tee shots for this guy!

The shaft does look kind of crazy. I think I am releasing too early. Will be working on this over the next few weeks. Anyone have any tips?

Lol! More importantly the ball is going straight and staying playable. No more provisional tee shots for this guy!

The shaft does look kind of crazy. I think I am releasing too early. Will be working on this over the next few weeks. Anyone have any tips?

Try to get the back of your left hand facing your target at impact. That should help. Seriously though, your swing looks good dude. I wouldn't tinker too much, just start getting acclimated to your new sticks.

Dont trust that picture as CB said. It's an optical illusion

Try to get the back of your left hand facing your target at impact. That should help. Seriously though, your swing looks good dude. I wouldn't tinker too much, just start getting acclimated to your new sticks.

Thanks TC, I will give it a try.

Damn that is a nice swing DD

Thanks CL!

great looking clubs guys!

Cant wait to see more

Here is the un-boxing video:

Pictures:
Box has arrived in Canada
5878182187_ebf64b5a1a.jpg

All the pretty woods and hybrids together:
5878166077_ac26293986.jpg

The bottom of all the clubs (w/ stickers and wrapping):
5878168135_22dfcae22e.jpg

Another view
5878731094_fbf1f666c0.jpg

More pretty clubs:
5878172031_30eba4d2d3.jpg

Head Covers & Wrenches:
5878736586_a18a0989a7.jpg

All standing up with headcovers:
5878177299_72513ec2b0.jpg

New WITB photo (taken in the garage):
5878178669_c47a47b10c.jpg

Specs and the reasoning I went with each club...
Hybrids:
2H and 4H Rescue 11 TP Hybrids
Shaft:
Alida Rip - X Flex
Grip:
Black/white Golf Pride Multi Compound - why because I am used to this grip, and it is durable and I am able to play with it in all weather conditions.
Reasoning:
I went this direction after trying these during the THP outing. I was absolutely murdering the 2H at the demo day. So much so, that I almost stole it and put it in my bag right then and there. My current bag I only played with one 3H, I figured that since I was going with a 2h, that I'd try and "bridge the distance gap" and get the additional hybrid. Having the 2 hybrids will give me loads of options from both the tee and the fairway.

FW Wood:
R11 15.5* TP 3 wood
Shaft:
Matrix Ozik HD7 - X Flex - Std length
Grip:
Black/white Golf Pride Multi Compound
Reasoning:
I selected the R11 over the SF2.0 3 wood for a couple reasons. For some reason I just hit it better at demo day, and on the sims here locally. I like that is is adjustable, so if I think it isn't working "quite right" I can dial it in. I am used to having a 4w (17*) in my bag, so if need be I can add extra loft to the 3W to get it to be more what I am used to.

Driver:
SF 2.0 8.5* TP
Shaft:
Matrix Ozik HD7 - X Flex - Std length (45.5")
Grip:
Black/white Golf Pride Multi Compound
Reasoning:
3 reasons... 1 - No speed too extreme, 2 - No speed too extreme, 3 - No speed too extreme. :) I hit both the R11 and the SF 2.0 (TP) at both the simulators and at the THP demo day, and I just like the SF 2.0 Driver better. I love that the SF 2.0 TP has the 1* open face, like my existing driver, so there shouldn't be much of a learning curve for this driver. I did try the stock shaft in the TP and I thought it was good, but still a tad high launching for me. So I went with the Matrix HD7 low launch shaft, and the 8.5* head.

If you have any questions please fire them my way, either on the forum or via a PM.

rbelbin OUT! (for today, I'll be back with some "in game shots" tomorrow hopefully)

I love the vid RB. That gear is going to rock for you bro, I can't wait to hear your thoughts after you get a chance to hit them.

DD, it's your camera not your swing. Don't tinker with an awesome swing because of the pics. If you get a camera with really good shutter speed and take pictures instead of video, you probably won't see the same thing. I had exact same question and borrowed my buddy's camera and confirmed it. I just wish I had kept the pics.

I got a chance to swing the new clubs today for the first time. I played from our blue tees 3400y, so I'd have opportunities to hit as many drivers as I could. I didn't get a chance to hit the clubs on the range at all before heading out.
We played holes 1-9 then 1,2,7,8,9 again.
I'll give a club by club breakdown.
Driver SF 2.0 TP, 8.5* Matrix Ozik HD7 Shaft, X flex - Hit it on 1,3,4,5, and 6, then on 1 and 9 (from the white tees)
Something new to me is a fade off the tee. It wasn't anything terrible and after the first 2 drives missed right, I learned how much to play it, and hit the FW the rest of the times I used the D. I like it, but honestly I don't know if I am hitting it as far as my previous driver. There has to be something I am missing, maybe I need to tee the ball up more, maybe I need to adjust the ball position a little. But I will still take the straight shots every time.

3W R11 TP 14* Matrix Ozik HD7 Shaft, X flex- Hit it off the tee on 6(just to try it) 8,9, then on 8.
I only missed the FW once (by 3 yards) in the 4 times I hit it off the tee. I did try it once from the FW, and ended up duffing it from a downhill lie. I loved the trajectory of the 3w off the tee, very straight, tiny fade (5y maybe) A fade is new to me as my previous 4w had about a 15y draw/hook. As I said I still need to learn it a bit, but it was impressive.

2H - Hit it off the fw on 3, from the tee (twice) on #8 when we replayed.
1 word - UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This club is SO MONEY, and believe me IT KNOWS IT. It flys long, and straight. Every time I take out this baby it flies true, exactly where I aimed it. Even out of light rough, it still went 230+ uphill.

4H - I did not hit this today. I'll report back later on this one.

So I still need range time with the new clubs, as I hate just running out on the course with them. The last driver I hit, I swung a little harder, and it went straight and high. I think I need to tee the ball up higher as I seemed to be hitting the bottom of the face a little bit.

I have rounds scheduled for Friday/Saturday/Sunday including a heads up match against a 2 handicapper on Saturday (that will be tough)

I am really going to try to get to the range some time this week to work with the new clubs and see if I can get them dialed in.

Nice write up belbin. I'm sure with another trip or two you'll get everything dialed in and launching straight! Heck even if by some miracle you can find straight with them, just use the 2H on all tees. Your still going to be longer than anyone on team Slackers.

Belbin outstanding video and writeups man. Great stuff. Felt like I was watching Mr. Rogers talking golf clubs

DD, it's your camera not your swing. Don't tinker with an awesome swing because of the pics. If you get a camera with really good shutter speed and take pictures instead of video, you probably won't see the same thing. I had exact same question and borrowed my buddy's camera and confirmed it. I just wish I had kept the pics.

Thanks for the info RLG. I will try and get my wife on the range this weekend with her good camera.

Great stuff Belbin, sounds like you love the clubs.

Great write up RB.

Good stuff belbin! I liked your pictures and your video buddy. Sounds like these babies are just what the doctor ordered my friend.

I got a chance to swing the new clubs today for the first time. I played from our blue tees 3400y, so I'd have opportunities to hit as many drivers as I could. I didn't get a chance to hit the clubs on the range at all before heading out.
Driver SF 2.0 TP, 8.5* Matrix Ozik HD7 Shaft, X flex - Hit it on 1,3,4,5, and 6, then on 1 and 9 (from the white tees)
Something new to me is a fade off the tee. It wasn't anything terrible and after the first 2 drives missed right, I learned how much to play it, and hit the FW the rest of the times I used the D. I like it, but honestly I don't know if I am hitting it as far as my previous driver. There has to be something I am missing, maybe I need to tee the ball up more, maybe I need to adjust the ball position a little. But I will still take the straight shots every time.

3W R11 TP 14* Matrix Ozik HD7 Shaft, X flex- Hit it off the tee on 6(just to try it) 8,9, then on 8.
I only missed the FW once (by 3 yards) in the 4 times I hit it off the tee. I did try it once from the FW, and ended up duffing it from a downhill lie. I loved the trajectory of the 3w off the tee, very straight, tiny fade (5y maybe) A fade is new to me as my previous 4w had about a 15y draw/hook. As I said I still need to learn it a bit, but it was impressive.

1 word - UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This club is SO MONEY, and believe me IT KNOWS IT. It flys long, and straight. Every time I take out this baby it flies true, exactly where I aimed it. Even out of light rough, it still went 230+ uphill.

So I still need range time with the new clubs, as I hate just running out on the course with them. The last driver I hit, I swung a little harder, and it went straight and high. I think I need to tee the ball up higher as I seemed to be hitting the bottom of the face a little bit.

I have rounds scheduled for Friday/Saturday/Sunday including a heads up match against a 2 handicapper on Saturday (that will be tough)

I am really going to try to get to the range some time this week to work with the new clubs and see if I can get them dialed in.

Belbin are these clubs open? Were your previous woods neutral or closed? That could account for the fade

Belbin are these clubs open? Were your previous woods neutral or closed? That could account for the fade

My previous 4w was normal. Previous driver was also 1* open, so as I said, the fade is new. I will have to check the settings on the r11 3w.

Distance was shorter than I am used to but it was also the first time from the blue tees this year. I was still getting 250-270 from the driver, but just felt there was another gear in it.

Tappin the keg!

Sounds like you just need a range session or 2 to get used to them.

Taylormade sent me another Matrix Ozik HD7 that is 45.75", which is standard length, for my driver. I got my wires crossed and thought standard was 45.25" and TM cut it down to 44.75", which just didn't work. I really appreciate the quick turnaround and just can't stress enough how well Taylormade is taking care of it's staffers. Thank you!

I'll be getting some more range time in tomorrow and will report back with my results from the last two sessions with the clubs in greater detail. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this shaft works. The reviews I've read on it are phenomenal and I think with this new length it's going to be a great fit!

Belbin great write ups and videos! Good to see another person joining the brotherhood of speed!

Great video my Canadian brother! Love that you went Burner superfast 2.0 for your driver. I had another driving range session with it today and I'm hitting the ball further than I ever have before. I'm absolutley in love with the driver and 3 wood, but here is what I like the best about the 2.0 driver, I can't hit it right, ever, and I love that. I think a very important thing (at least for me) is to only have one miss, and with this driver, I'm hitting 10 yard fades all day, with the occational straight ball. This means for me, I can just aim up the right center of the fairway, and I don't care a lick what is further right, if I hit a straight ball, i'm on the right side of the fairway, my normal shot, then I'm in the middle, and if I miss it, then I'm just further left. I love having not to worry at all about whats on the other side of the fairway. I also had a very good day with the hybrids today. I've set them both to higher and now I'm seeing the ball flight that I love. I can really tell that in that setting I am seeing a litle more spin, and a slightly better launch angle. I'll leave the grips the way they are for now, but before the MC I will regrip them so that the lines are pointing the right way. I'm still in love with the 3 wood, its long, its straight, and its really really long. In fact its so long that my next round I might just tee off with the three wood more often than not, because I just can't seem to miss with it. Anyway, I just got back from a crazy day at work and I need to spend some time with the boy before I further get into some banter, but I'll be back in a bit.

Good stuff CB!

I think i've figured out which team I'll be backing.... where do I get a banner to add to my sig anyway? I'm sure I skimmed and missed that somewhere...

Belbin great writeup and liked your video a lot as well

Back