TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 Wedges

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Some of the most under the radar wedges the past couple of release cycles have come from TaylorMade and their Milled Grind series. With what started as an innovative take on ensuring precision and repeatability in the sole grinds, this became a major part of their wedges, making them historically good performers. 

This year the Milled Grind 3 is coming to market and TaylorMade looks to have focused on a tangible evolution to improve the overall look, feel, and spin while still featuring milled grind options which should offer something for everyone. 

TaylorMade-Milled-Grind-3-Wedges-1.jpg

TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 Wedges

From the MG1 to the MG2, the company took a hardline focus to try...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
They look good. But.. so does this wedge that looks almost exactly the same.

2BEECBC0-8F1E-4403-A2E9-055E639BF0B3.png2BDC7A8D-C74C-4502-9292-8C3E1AA2BCE8.png

• Staff
Best looking wedge from TM in over a decade imo.

Those wedges look good.

• Staff
Do they still have the grid pattern look on the face milling? I actually thought the MG2 was super good looking. These are just plain to me.

Not a huge fan of how these look but as long as they perform the same/better than my MG2s I don’t really care. Not sure if I’ll replace all of my wedges or just my 56°

Look nice. I've always had at least MG in my bag. I'll definitely give these a try

JMan with a big drop day! Another nice intro.

I will say, I really enjoyed the MG1 wedges. Only downside was how shiny they were. They were very solid for me, performance wise. Curious to see these new pups.

I like these. The original MG grind were spin machines they just felt like you hitting rocks. Want to try these out for sure
I agree with @Jman best looking TM wedge in a long time

@Jman do you find it weird there wasn't a 48* wedge?

Hellooo!!!

They look good. I really liked some things about the MG2's. Some new trail relief is interesting, but I'll forever wish they'd change their grind options a bit more. They just don't seem to have quite the versatility. Love the look of the face and less going on overall. I will have a 54/11 and 58/8 in my bag. Book it.

Taylormade is killing it with their wedge designs. Definitely some of the most attractive ones I've seen lately.

@Jman do you find it weird there wasn't a 48* wedge?
Not really, that doesn’t really flow into most of their iron sets, and guys at that loft realm are more likely to just play a 46 imo, or go full gap into the 50 loft

These things are beautiful. Very solid info @Jman if I was in the market these would definitely get a look from me.

After my trip to the where the fun happens place earlier, I am 💯% full go on these. Can't wait.

Also want to shout out to THP articles once again for putting the dates of releases in a consistent and easy place to find at the end of the articles. I link people to them all the time, and a bunch already today, in part because it's so simple to see. This is the date(s), this is price, boom. Love it.

Its obvious they make them, but I forgot all about them. I do like the plain understated look really well.

After my trip to the where the fun happens place earlier, I am 💯% full go on these. Can't wait.

Also want to shout out to THP articles once again for putting the dates of releases in a consistent and easy place to find at the end of the articles. I link people to them all the time, and a bunch already today, in part because it's so simple to see. This is the date(s), this is price, boom. Love it.
I really appreciate the kind words more than you know.

Nice article @Jman.

As someone who currently has MG wedges in the bag, I actually like the look of these a lot. Nice, clean design - and plenty of space for stamping (if so inclined). I'm not in love with that raw face though; I might be in the minority, but I just don't like the rusty clubs at all. I'm also sad to see that the LB 56* isn't available in LH models anymore.

these look way better than another wedge designed in Carlsbad

these look way better than another wedge designed in Carlsbad
Feel free to name names. Although these and the Full Toe from Callaway are entirely different designs.

Feel free to name names. Although these and the Full Toe from Callaway are entirely different designs.
haha I was talking about a company that rhymes with No, brah

haha I was talking about a company that rhymes with No, brah
Cobra. Just say it, Cobra.

Eye of the beholder I suppose, as with most things. Those who like a more plain wedge will definitely prefer the TM, which is the first time someone has said that about a TM wedge in about a decade.

I have only played Vokey wedges over the last decade but these are sharp enough looking to consider giving one a try next time I make a purchase. I like the clean look and options of these personally and am sure they perform well.

Back