TaylorMade P790 and P790 Ti Irons

Got these out on a cold, somewhat windy Sunday this weekend for their maiden voyage. First take with these is that I'm impressed so far. It was 45˚ with enough wind to push the ball around a bit and I was able to scrape together a decent showing with these irons. Distances seem pretty legit when I get everything lined up where I'm planning. These seem to be about as long as my CF19s if not longer, but time will tell there as it's a limited sample. Biggest thing for me was weight going with the Fuji Pro 95s. Coming from a significantly heavier shaft, I think that the transition will take me a bit. I am certainly happy with the pairing though and looking forward to dialing these in as I hit some really good shots yesterday. Can't wait to get back out there and hit these again!

Man I've been lacking on the updates in here. Been playing these off and on against my Apex mixed combo set since I snagged then during the trade in promo. So far these have won out for me, which shouldn't be surprising I suppose since I was fitted into them. Distance wise these are spot on where I expect them to be at this point in the year, but what's winning out for me is the consistency. After shooting an opening week 40 in league and some time on the range since then, I think I've settled on these as my primary irons for the season. Great overall package and probably a good fit for a bunch of golfers with the right shafts. I will give a slight edge to the Apex when it comes to feel.

I'm crazy so I'll play both sets this year, but if I could only have one set I would be 100% satisfied with the P790s.

Back