TaylorMade PIX 2.0 Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
All right, at first glance I think the triangles are more tolerable than last year's design

Great write up! Not sure I would be able to focus on the three line connector lining up putts but it does sound like it would give good indication of putting stroke. If nothing else I would choose these over prior model, still not buying these over other balls.

Hmm, I guess they will wait a year to strait up steal triple track technology ?.

The bad thing is I think they have a great ball, but it just seems like they can't market without stealing someone else's slogans and ideas right now. They need to retool their marketing department or something.

Never been never gonna be a TM ball guy

The previous version was not tolerable. These - will take a peek at them in hand. The balls under the hood are quite good.

They have jumped the shark. I’ve never seen TM this reactionary in all of their releases, ever.

Ok. I guess if you’re a TM ball guy but like the tru vis then your in business. Not on my list of new balls to try.

Hmm, I guess they will wait a year to strait up steal triple track technology ?.

The bad thing is I think they have a great ball, but it just seems like they can't market without stealing someone else's slogans and ideas right now. They need to retool their marketing department or something.
Which is wild to think about because the firs iteration of the TP5’s and the 2nd without the excess got them to be #3 in golf balls.

I’m sure the TM golf ball players will welcome the design and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I don’t like these anymore than the first version.

no doubt they’ll sell, but a curious release from them imo.

Nice write-up Molten. Not a ball that would interest me, but I do see this as very much improved over the original version regarding looks.

Curious :unsure: how Rickie was involved in the design of these balls but yet he uses a Scotty blade putter. :unsure: The additional alignment aid (as pictured) is useful for those that put with mallets. Is he going to switch putters? Doubtful

Curious :unsure: how Rickie was involved in the design of these balls but yet he uses a Scotty blade putter. :unsure: The additional alignment aid (as pictured) is useful for those that put with mallets. Is he going to switch putters? Doubtful

He is sponsored by TaylorMade for golf balls.
He is a Cobra staff member for all of his clubs, but they do not make a putter.

The colors go well together in my opinion but I don't like the overall design. I'm sure they'll sell well

I agree that they look better than the last version.

He is sponsored by TaylorMade for golf balls.
He is a Cobra staff member for all of his clubs, but they do not make a putter.
I know that (y)
I'm just stating that he uses a blade, not a mallet, for which the additional alignment aid is supposed designed for. :unsure:

IMO they look terrible and ripping off Callaway in multiple ways is garbage. TaylorMade needs to start getting some original ideas instead of picking off other brands.

I know that (y)
I'm just stating that he uses a blade, not a mallet, for which the additional alignment aid is supposed designed for. :unsure:

Yes, I did find that a bit odd myself. Although I guess you could argue that he knows what works well for regular golfers and this could help them.
To me it just comes off as a "chase". Truvis takes off so they make PIX. Alignment takes off, so they make ClearPath.

With that said, I think it probably works rather well. Just want to see a bit more uniqueness out of something they tout as innovation.

Yes, I did find that a bit odd myself. Although I guess you could argue that he knows what works well for regular golfers and this could help them.
To me it just comes off as a "chase". Truvis takes off so they make PIX. Alignment takes off, so they make ClearPath.

With that said, I think it probably works rather well. Just want to see a bit more uniqueness out of something they tout as innovation.

I agree it shouldn't be touted as something new & unique. I guess it's a "follow the leader" attitude :rolleyes:

I never really liked the older version with the leaves on it but these look better. Probably will not buy any myself but I can see an improvement on graphics that might help some TP5 players.

My main issue with the original Pix design was that the small logos/designs/tramp stamps did not have a pattern which allowed for a clear alignment sight line. I’m glad they made that design change. Also, this logo/design/Illuminati sign is much more pleasing to the eyes.

Well, they aren't as bad as the previous version so it has that going for it.

Ok. I guess if you’re a TM ball guy but like the tru vis then your in business. Not on my list of new balls to try.

This is why I'll probably end up with these. I like the tru vis technology/focus but haven't gotten along great with callaway balls and last year these were not available in the TP5x. I don't use the line on the ball to line up my putts so the clear path is mostly useless for me, but the Pix + TP5x will be a winner for me. Here's to hoping they come out in a few colors other than orange.

Back