TaylorMade PIX 2.0 Golf Balls

Better looking than gen 1, but I'm a Truvis homer, so not really for me.

I didn't say it was settled or not settled. I said on appearance, the PXG came out and then the TM iron did and it was enough to sue the company based on emulation. Not sure I said anything about Callaway copying or not copying on PM Grind. In fact I dont anybody has said it was original, although their marketing made it popular again. It doesn't make the Hi-Toe any less of a copy whether they mimicked Callaway, Ping or anybody else.

The sentiment that was being posted here is that none of the other TM releases came off as original, from a brand that was the absolute trend setter in tech just a handful of years ago. FWIW, your info on golf balls isn't accurate anymore, but that is for another place.

In the end golfers are smart and will decide what they view as original and what isn't. This thread seems to say that they dont think TaylorMade is being all that original with their latest releases. Whether or not its because Callaway, John Smith, Sports Authority or anybody else created it doesn't make something more or less original, so not sure why someone posting TaylorMade copied XYZ all of the sudden turns into "well Callaway does too", but its become rather par for the course on the ole interwebz.

Haha. No, I am saying the pxg and taylormade reached a settlement agreement. Haha

What ball info? It was a joke, an attempt at levity. Guess it failed.

Haha. No, I am saying the pxg and taylormade reaches a settlement agreement. Haha

Right...Which still doesn't change anything, which is exactly what I said.
Not sure what is even being contested. Its consumer sentiment and it has come out with every TaylorMade release outside of Spider as of late. When you lose high level R&D things are bound to happen, but nobody is going to jump up and down and say SIM, Hi Toe, PIX, P790, etc were trend setting ideas.

And that certainly doesn't say anything about whether they perform, which is all rather well.

Right...Which still doesn't change anything, which is exactly what I said.
Not sure what is even being contested. Its consumer sentiment and it has come out with every TaylorMade release outside of Spider as of late. When you lose high level R&D things are bound to happen, but nobody is going to jump up and down and say SIM, Hi Toe, PIX, P790, etc were trend setting ideas.

And that certainly doesn't say anything about whether they perform, which is all rather well.

10-4. ?

Derivative or not...

I'm not one of the people that like alignment stuff on my ball, but the look better than the triple track, imo. That said, why must 2020 be the year of orange on everything. WHY???

They have jumped the shark. I’ve never seen TM this reactionary in all of their releases, ever.
It’s gotten ridiculous. Do they think of anything on their own? Someone once said something like “Be first or be best”. TM is neither.

They have jumped the shark. I’ve never seen TM this reactionary in all of their releases, ever.

Sorry, but everytime I hear jump the shark all I think of is the Fonze.

On the look of the TM ball, I am not really a fan. But, I do think they are better than last year's model in looks.

I agree with most that it is better than last year's model. I think the alignment is actually rather interesting by design and as a mallet user. I wonder if we start seeing course logos in the place of the ClearPath symbols.

They look better than version 1, but they still aren't as clean as the Truvis. Not rushing out to buy them, but I'm open to seeing what they look like in hand.

I agree with most that it is better than last year's model. I think the alignment is actually rather interesting by design and as a mallet user. I wonder if we start seeing course logos in the place of the ClearPath symbols.

Callaway does this with their Truvis ball correct? If so then yes, we will see that happen ?.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
They look better than version 1, but they still aren't as clean as the Truvis. Not rushing out to buy them, but I'm open to seeing what they look like in hand.

I like the looks so much better than last years. I'm just not a fun of truvis when I've played in the past. These might fall in that same category for me, but much like with Truvis, and Triple Track, I wouldn't hesitate to give it a shot.

Not a big fan of the looks of these. I typically like a golf ball with either nothing on it or just a simple alignment line. Have yet to try triple track yet but am intrigued by it.
I understand many are upset of the trend of Taylormade being a follower as of late but I do not believe these balls necessarily apply. I think this was more of an example of them listening to consumers.
I have seen a lot of people looking to make a Truvis template to apply to other companies balls. I have also seen discussion on here of people wondering when other companies were going to do something like Truvis as they would like something like that on their ball of choice. I think this a good response to the market by Taylormade (other than the ugly colors) I just wish they would have marketed it differently, as I do not see it as revolutionary.

Last edited:
Just bought 2 dozen TP5Pix. Pix2.0 will have to wait.

interesting to flip it into an alignment thing

I'm not a fan of the Truvis or the Pix balls.

I have a very not appropriate name for the PIX images they've created here. Hahahaha

Again, its just SO reactionary. Everything TM has done the past couple years besides the SpiderX and the Truss Putters (which I think even they have confused themselves on) has been reactionary to something else in the market.
Would you throw P790 in there too? I know there are plenty of other hollow head designs but did anyone inject foam prior to them?(I can't remember if pxg did or not). I don't really care about the blatant copying.. They all have been guilty of it to some degree over the years. I haven't played any of their irons before and played an M2 driver briefly but their ball (TP5x) is the thing that has impressed me and found its way into my bag.

Last edited:
Would you throw P790 in there too? I know there are plenty of other holow gear designs but did anyone inject foam prior to them? I don't really care about the blatant copying.. They all have been guilty of it to some degree over the years. I haven't played any of their irons before and played an M2 driver briefly but their ball (TP5x) is the thing that has impressed me and found its way into my bag.
Wouldn’t that be the iron that PXG sued them for copying? ?

I'm not one of the people that like alignment stuff on my ball, but the look better than the triple track, imo. That said, why must 2020 be the year of orange on everything. WHY???

I’ll disagree with this, respectfully of course. The new Pix is WAY too busy for my eye to easily pick up the alignment they are going for. With TT the visual lines are already there for you. With the Pix 2.0 you have to “visualize” the lines that are not existent. It’s a HARD PASS For me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice write-up GC.

Definite improvement over gen 1. However it seems like they’re trying to rip off two Callaway designs, both Truvis and now ClearPath which seems to be a different take on TT.

Looking forward to your performance thoughts.

Wouldn’t that be the iron that PXG sued them for copying? ?
I couldn't remember if PXG had foam.. They are out of my budget range so I don't follow their stuff as closely. One day maybe I'll give them a try but not till I figure out how to put 3 kids through college.. ?

The triangle thing as an alignment aid I don’t get at all..

I’ll disagree with this, respectfully of course. The new Pix is WAY too busy for my eye to easily pick up the alignment they are going for. With TT the visual lines are already there for you. With the Pix 2.0 you have to “visualize” the lines that are not existent. It’s a HARD PASS For me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, I get it. It's a hard pass for me too. And I said 'looks' better, not would work better. The triple track balls and putters look like child training toys to me. That's just me. This just looks busy, and I don't see how many people can sort out the alignment stuff they're going for looking at it. If anything, it seems like it scatters my eye more than focusing it on the triangles. That's probably another reason I like it more aesthetically though. Where others see the TT lines as an aid, I see them as a very specific distraction that will NEVER be perfectly aligned, so I want no part of looking at that. Ultimately neither of them are meant for me though, so it really doesn't matter what I think of them. If either one works for someone else, that's great.

Back