TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

I can't wait to hear the feedback on this driver today. With all the hype it has gotten I am excited to find out what everyone thinks.

You and me both GG!! Plus I'm assuming a few others too! :D

Its a $399 driver in USD. That seems to be about the right price to me. No different than the premium lines from Callaway and others on their website.

Ah, didn't realise it was in Canadian. 399 sounds better.

We may need a sign up sheet with designated hitting times for all things white at the Outing. These will certainly be in demand...
I can't wait to hear the feedback on this driver today. With all the hype it has gotten I am excited to find out what everyone thinks.

Ah, didn't realise it was in Canadian. 399 sounds better.

Yes is sure does, but I get stuck paying the extra $50..... :angry: Stupid border....

I have heard (and seen) that the paint chips very easily around the ASP plug on the bottom of the driver.. Will be interested to see what you guys notice.

I feel kinda awful about it.

I have heard (and seen) that the paint chips very easily around the ASP plug on the bottom of the driver.. Will be interested to see what you guys notice.

Full write up coming soon, but I have seen nothing of the sort using the white drivers quite a bit over the last 2 weeks.

So I played the driver and FW wood for the entire round today.

FW Wood
Im in love. For anybody that knows me well, knows that I felt the R9 FW Wood was one of the best ever created. I switched to the SuperFast for the extra distance I was getting (about 6 yards). Well what if the R9 and the SuperFast went on a first date, had some drinks and got together for some baby making? They would create the R11. Distance of the SuperFast with the sound, feel, and performance of the R11. It took 2 swings for me to realize just how much I loved this club and MAY not even change the shaft.

Driver
I will have more coming up on this one soon, but wanted to give some feedback as 2 of us played this today for 9 holes. Like the hybrid, after about 3 swings, I forgot it was even white. I have long said that the original R9 was one of my favorite drivers out there and the SuperTri was a good one as wel. This is more of a blend to me of the two. Less spin than the SuperTri for me and solid distance. Has a SLIGHTLY different sound than what I am used to in the R9 line. Very solid performer and look forward to messing with some shafts with it.

ugggh! i had a feeling you were gonna come back with that. i'm looking forward to reading more when you have time, especially about the blur.

So I played the driver and FW wood for the entire round today.

FW Wood
Im in love. For anybody that knows me well, knows that I felt the R9 FW Wood was one of the best ever created. I switched to the SuperFast for the extra distance I was getting (about 6 yards). Well what if the R9 and the SuperFast went on a first date, had some drinks and got together for some baby making? They would create the R11. Distance of the SuperFast with the sound, feel, and performance of the R11. It took 2 swings for me to realize just how much I loved this club and MAY not even change the shaft.

Driver
I will have more coming up on this one soon, but wanted to give some feedback as 2 of us played this today for 9 holes. Like the hybrid, after about 3 swings, I forgot it was even white. I have long said that the original R9 was one of my favorite drivers out there and the SuperTri was a good one as wel. This is more of a blend to me of the two. Less spin than the SuperTri for me and solid distance. Has a SLIGHTLY different sound than what I am used to in the R9 line. Very solid performer and look forward to messing with some shafts with it.

More good news!! To be fair JB, you didn't change the shaft in you SF either, or did you? I'm liking what I'm hearing!

That's great news JB on the FW front. What kinds of lies did you get to hit it out of? Pretty good off the deck/tee?

How's the sound of the fwy compared to the R9?

I have to say that I'm quite surprised with the performance of the R11 FW. To just as long as the SuperFast in a shorter and smaller package is quite something I think. The SuperFast is 200cc and the R11 is 155 I believe. Pretty cool stuff.

Love the thoughts on the FW. It's officailly on the 'hit list' for May now....

Yea, I gotta get my hands on that fairway.

Love the thoughts on the FW. It's officailly on the 'hit list' for May now....

yeah lets throw that in our little FW wood testing lineup

Dang it! My R9 fw is my favorite club in the bag but it looks like I will have to check out the R11 Fw

Look at JB gotta go and confuse me even more! Now I have no idea what I am going to get! Definitely on my list!

Thats great to hear about the FW as that is what I am on my search for.

Dang it. I was not even contemplating a 3W and now I am

Back